I need advices on orthodontic treatment for bimax surgery

T

TcEfforts

Iron
How it works in my country:
First I make an appointment with an orthodontist, get a mold of my teeth, take some X-rays and then the treatment starts with dental braces to align me teeth.

Only when the orthodontist gives me the “green light” should I look for a maxillofacial surgeon. The problem: When am I really ready?

Because it’s known over here many orthodontists delay the treatment to keep on receiving the monthly fee as much time as they can. I know a guy who is using braces for almost 4 years and according to him, his orthodontist said he isn’t ready to do the jaw surgery yet.

My questions:
How long the treatment with braces before pre-op should last for an adult in average?

How to hurry up the orthodontist not to be deceived by him?

Thanks in advance

• +1
Reactions: terrorblade
use braces after or you need some luck

First I make an appointment with an orthodontist, get a mold of my teeth, take some X-rays and then the treatment starts with dental braces to align me teeth.

Only when the orthodontist gives me the “green light” should I look for a maxillofacial surgeon. The problem: When am I really ready?

Because it’s known over here many orthodontists delay the treatment to keep on receiving the monthly fee as much time as they can. I know a guy who is using braces for almost 4 years and according to him, his orthodontist said he isn’t ready to do the jaw surgery yet.

My questions:
How long the treatment with braces before pre-op should last for an adult in average?

Thanks in advance

I plan to have a bimax... getting ready for it

In my case the orthos and surgeons are in the same clinic (owned by the surgeons) so they work together.
And the braces price is closed, no matter if you need 8 months or 12 they will cost the same.

Maybe find a place like this?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: pizza, TcEfforts and terrorblade

My questions:

Thanks in advance

Your maxilofacial surgeon should tell you if you need braces or your a surgery first canidate.

If not a surgery first canidate Then he speaks to your orthodontist how it should be moved.

It depends most people next extractions then to close the gaps and move teeth.

6- 18 months tbh.

I have no advice how to get your orthodontist from conning you, its just finding one with good character.

• +1
Reactions: pizza, .👽. and TcEfforts

My questions:

Thanks in advance
In addition to what has already been posted above, the quality of the surgeon is a significant factor in this. Some of the more talented surgeons will require less ideal pre-surgery conditions (ie. Bite and arch) than less talented ones. So one surgeon may be willing to perform surgery first bimax while another will demand 1 year of pre surgical ortho treatment. Best to line up a few consultations to assess your options rather than just one.

• +1
Reactions: TcEfforts

In my case the orthos and surgeons are in the same clinic (owned by the surgeons) so they work together.
And the braces price is closed, no matter if you need 8 months or 12 they will cost the same.

Found one in my city searching on Google. It’s a couple, he is surgeon and she is orthodontist. They have good ratings as well. Maybe I give it a try. Thanks

Your maxilofacial surgeon should tell you if you need braces or your a surgery first canidate.

If not a surgery first canidate Then he speaks to your orthodontist how it should be moved.

It depends most people next extractions then to close the gaps and move teeth.

6- 18 months tbh.

I have no advice how to get your orthodontist from conning you, its just finding one with good character. Thanks
Being first candidate would be a relief. I will mention when I make an appointment.

In addition to what has already been posted above, the quality of the surgeon is a significant factor in this. Some of the more talented surgeons will require less ideal pre-surgery conditions (ie. Bite and arch) than less talented ones. So one surgeon may be willing to perform surgery first bimax while another will demand 1 year of pre surgical ortho treatment. Best to line up a few consultations to assess your options rather than just one.
Unfortunately ther aren’t many choices where I live. The most talented surgeons are in largest cities. If I don’t trust anyone from here then I would have to travel, and it’s rather complicated for me. But thanks for elucidating the differences.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5799
weird

my ortho first checks if one needs jaw surgery then if needed will go over surgeons with you

afterwards braces

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper

My questions:

Thanks in advance
tf

there should be a limit to the fees

like you wouldn't keep paying monthly

you woudl stop at a number

i think i asked you a while ago how widen the jaw boyo do you already have the answer? i said i was going to see this with your doctor

i think i asked you a while ago how widen the jaw boyo do you already have the answer? i said i was going to see this with your doctor

no i dont know

im going to alfaro on july

• So Sad
Reactions: pizza