I work for my dad.. I think he wants me to take over in like 5-10 years so he can retire/be hands off. Would he be mad if i started my own business?

D

Deleted member 26859

Greatest Blackpill Philosopher of Our Time
I work for my dad.. I think he wants me to take over in like 5-10 years so he can retire/be hands off.

Would he be mad if i started my own business?

I hate the business he has, its so boring, and IRL. i want remote, and something im interested in like ecommerce.

But if I started my own business and it worked. Then who would take over? Would they just hire someone else?

I can't tell if he would be mad at me or not

So I can't tell whether I should tell him about my businessmaxxing progress and plans

What are ur guys thoughts

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: pneumocystosis, midlatinocel, FutureAestheticMale and 1 other person
just own 2 businesses the fawk

• +1
Reactions: FutureAestheticMale and OnlyHeightMatters
That's a conversation you should have with your dad not members of an obscure looksmaxxing forum bruh 💀

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: The Grinch, Deleted member 21048, pneumocystosis and 4 others
That's a conversation you should have with your dad not members of an obscure looksmaxxing forum bruh 💀
but the whole point is if i tell him then he will be mad thats why im asking if u think he will be mad

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis
Try your business out in secret, if it works then you can own both but hire people to run your dads business

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26859
something im interested in like ecommerce
You will be retarded and fail because the business is retarded unless you are very very not retarded.
If his business is good I don't see the reason why you wouldn't inherit it.

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis and Deleted member 15539
Take over the business and sell equity (majority stake) to somebody (or somebodies) who can actually run and grow the business. This is how the rich can work on multiple businesses

• +1
do both but focus more on your dads business. ecom has shit margins if you're thinking of dropshipping unless ur really really good at what you're doing, which you won't be if you're just starting out.

lmao what a failure of a child you must be, ubale to take over the business and actually believeing "remote ecommerce dropshipping" is an alternativ let alone even a business

I work for my dad.. I think he wants me to take over in like 5-10 years so he can retire/be hands off.

I hate the business he has, its so boring, and IRL. i want remote, and something im interested in like ecommerce.

But if I started my own business and it worked. Then who would take over? Would they just hire someone else?

So I can't tell whether I should tell him about my businessmaxxing progress and plans

mogs most people is it high income how much will you make per year? This is why you always have multiple sons on the off chance one or two is a faggot fuck up like you and you can disinherit them from the will.

• JFL

Own both of them and become the ultra mogger like me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26859 and midlatinocel
You will be retarded and fail because the business is retarded unless you are very very not retarded.
If his business is good I don't see the reason why you wouldn't inherit it.
do both but focus more on your dads business. ecom has shit margins if you're thinking of dropshipping unless ur really really good at what you're doing, which you won't be if you're just starting out.
lmao what a failure of a child you must be, ubale to take over the business and actually believeing "remote ecommerce dropshipping" is an alternativ let alone even a business
mogs most people is it high income how much will you make per year? This is why you always have multiple sons on the off chance one or two is a faggot fuck up like you and you can disinherit them from the will.
why u all hating

i have an ecommerce store where i get the product or similar products designed and made from scratch in my city and they sell for like $200+ , ive already sold a few when i had literally no income or ad budget and before i got marketing qualifications and studied digital marketing. im sure theres a chance i can make it work now i have a full time income to spend on it and good knowledge of this field.

and yes ecommerce is a business, look at the shops on the street, thats commerce. look at every time youve ever bought something online, thats come from a person like me. its literally the most popular common business. how can u try to say its not a business?

anyways yea i accept the chances are it wont work but i need to try or ill be a wageslave forever.

and the question was , should i tell him about my businessmaxxing plans/progress or do u think he would be mad?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: midlatinocel
Take over the business and sell equity (majority stake) to somebody (or somebodies) who can actually run and grow the business. This is how the rich can work on multiple businesses
only decent response on the entire thread

do u think i should tell him what im doing tho or do u think he would be mad

• Hmm...
Reactions: thereallegend

Selling equity is almost always the best business move. Giving other smart people incentive to grow the business helps you get out your bubble. I think you could convince him of this.

• +1
have an ecommerce store where i get the product or similar products designed and made from scratch in my city and they sell for like $200+
Needs to be very very high in demand buddy, trust me

If you don't wanna spill the beans to your pops about your plan to start your own biz, make sure you keep it on the down-low and don't interfere with your responsibilities to his business.

You can start by doing some light work towards your goal, like learning about ecommerce, networking with industry peeps, and exploring potential business ideas. But don't be using any of your dad's resources or info without his go-ahead.

Also, keep things chill between you and your pops and his biz so it's easier to take over in the future if that's what he wants. Just put in work, learn as much as you can about the biz, support your dad's goals, and be real about your plans and ideas.

If you end up deciding to go your own way, you gotta have a convo with your dad about your intentions. But it's up to you when and how to do that, and you gotta be sure you're confident and ready before you make that move.

• Love it

HE WON'T BE MAD YOU ARE HIS SON!

• +1
What kind of business

• +1