[Idea] Burn out cortisol receptors?

F

Full-time Ascension

Note to self: Research mewing and posture
You always hear about burning out dopamine receptors.

What if you could have 1 overwhelming shock of cortisol, then burn out all ur cortisol forever?

Just an idea :feelstrash:

• +1
Reactions: Beastchodecode and Baldingman1998
Mine are burned. Now I'm never really depressed just emotionless. Beats being sad tbh

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin and Full-time Ascension
Mine are burned. Now I'm never really depressed just emotionless. Beats being sad tbh
I want to burn mine, it would be definitely more useful for me If I had 0 cortisol, I would be able to focus on my goals more easily

I want to burn mine, it would be definitely more useful for me If I had 0 cortisol, I would be able to focus on my goals more easily
Takes years if chronic depression.

• +1
Reactions: Full-time Ascension
Psychopaths tend to have low cortisol levels, because they don't feel stress, you need to psychopath-maxx

What if you could have 1 overwhelming shock of cortisol, then burn out all ur cortisol forever?

Just an idea :feelstrash:
gordon ramsay facepalm GIF

That's... not how that works bro. Sorry.

If you there to have consistently elevated cortisol levels you may become less sensitive to it, but the price is too high for that to be worth it. And the brain would downregulate the receptors a couple weeks after you returned to normal life anyway.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and Full-time Ascension
gordon ramsay facepalm GIF

That's... not how that works bro. Sorry.

If you there to have consistently elevated cortisol levels you may become less sensitive to it, but the price is too high for that to be worth it. And the brain would downregulate the receptors a couple weeks after you returned to normal life anyway.
How tf is that how it works for dopamine, but not for cortisol? What a cruel world this is :feelsthink:

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
How tf is that how it works for dopamine, but not for cortisol? What a cruel world this is :feelsthink:
You're thinking of the analogy of "burnout" in a literal sense.

Let's take a different example; caffeine. Adenosine is the final derivative of ATP, the energy source our neurons use. That means as the brain spends energy adenosine builds up. The way caffeine works is that it occupies adenosine receptors without activating them, the receptors make us sleepy.

To counter this the body simply makes more adenosine receptors, which is why you might notice that some people "need" caffeine to function, because otherwise they have an abnormally high number of adenosine receptors which means they'll be very tired without caffeine.

Though much more complex you can think of dopamine burnout as the reverse process of this, if I have understood what you mean by dopamine burnout correctly.

Also, cortisol can be beneficial:

• +1
Reactions: Racky
veteran abused dogs know that it doesn't last