Ideal facial ratios and proportions

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: HerpDerpson and nigkook
this is an updated version of my previous ideal facial ratios & proportions thread which can be found here

facial width to height ratio (FWHR): 1.8+
measured by dividing the bizygomatic width (distance from cheekbone to cheekbone) by the height of the middle part of the eyebrow to the upper lip.

lower/full face ratio: 0.62+
measured by dividing the height between the nasion to the bottom of the chin by the face height (distance from hairline to bottom of the chin)

midface ratio: 1.0-1.1
measured by dividing the interpupillary distance (distance between the centers of the pupils) by the height of the nasion to the upper lip. the closer to 1:1 this is, the better.

mouth to nose ratio: 1.5-1.62
measured by dividing the width of the mouth by the width of the nose.

lower to upper lip ratio: 1.62
measured by dividing the height of the lower lip to the upper lip.

chin to philtrum ratio: 2.0-2.25
measured by dividing the height of the middle part of the lips to the bottom of the chin by the height of the bottom of the nose to the middle part of the lips.

bizygomatic to bigonial width: 1.35
measured by dividing the bizygomatic width (distance from cheekbone to cheekbone) by the bigonial width (distance from gonion to gonion).

ESR (eye separation ratio): 0.45-0.47
measured by dividing the interpupillary distance (distance between the centers of the pupils) by the the bizygomatic width (distance from cheekbone to cheekbone). the "third eyeball method" - a theory in which the distance between your eyes should be another eye apart - is widely accepted in determining whether or not your eyes are an appropriate distance away from eachother, however this is flawed and incorrect. here is a thread explaining why, along with some more useful information about this measurement.

EME (eye mouth eye) angle: 47°-50°
measured by calculating the angle formed upon setting the vertex at the center of the lips with the arms crossing the eye pupils. the EME angle is a good indicator of masculinity and symmetry. here is a thread with more information about this measurement.

cervicomental angle: 105°-120°
measured by calculating the angle formed upon setting the vertex at the hyoid with the arms set along the bottom of the chin and the neck. anything above 120° is said to give the impression of a double chin.

gonial angle: 115°-130°
measured by calculating the angle formed upon setting the vertex at the gonion with the arms set along the mandible and the ramus.

canthal tilt: 4°-6°
measured by calculating the angle formed upon setting the vertex at the medial canthus with the arms set parallel to the floor and the lateral canthus.

palpebral fissure length to height ratio: 3.0-3.5
measured by dividing the palpebral fissure length (distance between the medial to the lateral canthus) by the height of the upper and lower eyelid.

forehead height: 3 fingers
measured by clenching your fingers together and seeing how many you can fit on your forehead horizontally before reaching your hairline.

facial thirds: 1/3 of face length
the upper third (height between the hairline to the middle part of the eyebrows), middle third (height between the middle part of the eyebrows to the bottom of the nose) and lower third (height between the bottom of the nose to bottom of the chin) of the face should be approximately 1/3rd of your entire face length (height between the hairline to bottom of the chin). these facial thirds should all be approximately equal to eachother and dividable smoothly into 3 parts as you transition down the face.

facial fifths: 1/5 of ear to ear width
the nose width, palpebral fissure length and length between the lateral canthus to the ear should be approximately 1/5th of the width between your ears. these facial fifths should all be approximately equal to eachother and dividable smoothly into 5 parts as you transition from left to right of the face.
Mirin thread op even if it's 4 years old jfl

• Love it
Reactions: niggersodomizer69
  • +1
Reactions: niggersodomizer69 and Magnum Opus
i have perfect facial proportions but i still think im ugly (14)

can you even fix fwhr?

~2.5

bot:435, mid: 378, top: 345

conclusion: my ratios are fine, just need some bone density now

~2.5

howd you measure

howd you measure
Take a pic from decent distance from face so that it doesn’t distort ratios from fisheye, then use selection square in paint in windows to measure pixel distance and divide to get ratios

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 62070
Goated thread, still rember when lurking 2022

How do yo

~2.5

How do you come to that conclusion when you have a variety of highly important ratios outside the ideal range?

How do yo

How do you come to that conclusion when you have a variety of highly important ratios outside the ideal range?
Because most of my ratios are in range and I don’t need them to be perfect, when I get chin implant I’m gonna be even better

this is an updated version of my previous ideal facial ratios & proportions thread which can be found here

measured by dividing the bizygomatic width (distance from cheekbone to cheekbone) by the height of the middle part of the eyebrow to the upper lip.

measured by dividing the height between the nasion to the bottom of the chin by the face height (distance from hairline to bottom of the chin)

measured by dividing the interpupillary distance (distance between the centers of the pupils) by the height of the nasion to the upper lip. the closer to 1:1 this is, the better.

measured by dividing the width of the mouth by the width of the nose.

measured by dividing the height of the lower lip to the upper lip.

measured by dividing the height of the middle part of the lips to the bottom of the chin by the height of the bottom of the nose to the middle part of the lips.

measured by dividing the bizygomatic width (distance from cheekbone to cheekbone) by the bigonial width (distance from gonion to gonion).

measured by dividing the interpupillary distance (distance between the centers of the pupils) by the the bizygomatic width (distance from cheekbone to cheekbone). the "third eyeball method" - a theory in which the distance between your eyes should be another eye apart - is widely accepted in determining whether or not your eyes are an appropriate distance away from eachother, however this is flawed and incorrect. here is a thread explaining why, along with some more useful information about this measurement.

measured by calculating the angle formed upon setting the vertex at the center of the lips with the arms crossing the eye pupils. the EME angle is a good indicator of masculinity and symmetry. here is a thread with more information about this measurement.

measured by calculating the angle formed upon setting the vertex at the hyoid with the arms set along the bottom of the chin and the neck. anything above 120° is said to give the impression of a double chin.

measured by calculating the angle formed upon setting the vertex at the gonion with the arms set along the mandible and the ramus.

measured by calculating the angle formed upon setting the vertex at the medial canthus with the arms set parallel to the floor and the lateral canthus.

palpebral fissure length to height ratio: 3.0-3.5
measured by dividing the palpebral fissure length (distance between the medial to the lateral canthus) by the height of the upper and lower eyelid.

forehead height: 3 fingers
measured by clenching your fingers together and seeing how many you can fit on your forehead horizontally before reaching your hairline.

facial thirds: 1/3 of face length
the upper third (height between the hairline to the middle part of the eyebrows), middle third (height between the middle part of the eyebrows to the bottom of the nose) and lower third (height between the bottom of the nose to bottom of the chin) of the face should be approximately 1/3rd of your entire face length (height between the hairline to bottom of the chin). these facial thirds should all be approximately equal to eachother and dividable smoothly into 3 parts as you transition down the face.

facial fifths: 1/5 of ear to ear width
the nose width, palpebral fissure length and length between the lateral canthus to the ear should be approximately 1/5th of the width between your ears. these facial fifths should all be approximately equal to eachother and dividable smoothly into 5 parts as you transition from left to right of the face.
Ok but how do I measure do I get a fucking measuring tape or what

FWHR: 1.88

Lower/Fullface ratio: 0.67

Midface ratio: 1.05

Mouth to nose: 1.59

Lower to upper lip: 1.5

Chin to philtrum: 1.8

Bizygo to bigonial: 1.02

ESR: 0.49

EME angle: 49º

Cerviconmental angle: 104º

Gonial angle: 121º

Canthal tilt: 5.7º

Palpebral fissure length to height: 3.35

Forehead height: 3.2 (fingers)

Facial thirds: 0.35 (low), 0.3 (mid), 0.33 (top) (rounded from 5 digit decimals, taking into account 1 as the whole face)

Facial fifths: 0.2 (all fifths, rounded from 5 digit decimals, taking into account 1 as the whole)

Measured with those three pics, with low to no camera distortion (third pic has bit of distortion since its front cam but used only for canthal tilt and fissure width to height)
View attachment 324472 View attachment 324473
View attachment 324475
ogremaxx or its over and u have to be tall or its oveeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr

2.0-2.25 chin to philtrum doesn't seem ideal seems pretty bad. Ideal is 2.25-2.75 . I assume you got 2.0-2.25 from the golden ratio which I think is pretty outdated tbh good thread apart from that tho