I'm getting my wisdom teeth scan results soon. I'm so scared.

Xangsane

Xangsane

jova
I'm so worried about getting my wisdom teeth removed if I need to, but at the dentist I also had a scan and they told me I had to wait for my result.

I'm 24, no wisdom teeth have erupted and I don't feel any pain at all. One of my parents was born without wisdom teeth, and one of them had all 4 grown normally but chose to get them removed anyway.

One of my friends (chad) has all his wisdom teeth and had no problems, meanwhile another friend (LTN, aged 25) had to get them removed because his teeth were impacted (partially erupted).

Thoughts?

• So Sad
Reactions: LightSkinNoob

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 and LightSkinNoob
Chad tries looksmaxxing 0 reacts, people only want your shitty question threads...

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫, Deleted member 19036, Deprived and 3 others
Chad tries looksmaxxing 0 reacts, people only want your shitty question threads...
I'm just so worried about wisdom tooth removal even though my results didn't come in yet

• +1
Reactions: LightSkinNoob
I'm just so worried about wisdom tooth removal even though my results didn't come in yet
Your an oldcel now dw it won't effect you at all

• +1
Reactions: Deprived and Xangsane
Your an oldcel now dw it won't effect you at all
Do you think I have impacted teeth at all based on family history?

My sister didn't need them removed either and she's a bit younger than me

If you have erupted wisdom teeth and then get them removed it will affect your face
whether the jewthodontists say it does or not. My brother had to get one of his removed when he was 25 so the ortho just took them all out. It had a noticeable negative affect on his face, his teeth started getting crooked and he developed a deep overbite from it, had to get braces to correct it. So yea it’s bad but if you don’t have them anyway then you shouldn’t worry too much tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
If they dont fit in your mouth. They are gonna damage your other teeth if you dont take them out. That will fuck your jaw.

• +1
If you have erupted wisdom teeth and then get them removed it will affect your face
whether the jewthodontists say it does or not. My brother had to get one of his removed when he was 25 so the ortho just took them all out. It had a noticeable negative affect on his face, his teeth started getting crooked and he developed a deep overbite from it, had to get braces to correct it. So yea it’s bad but if you don’t have them anyway then you shouldn’t worry too much tbh.
What if the test results come back and I do indeed have impacted teeth?

If they dont fit in your mouth. They are gonna damage your other teeth if you dont take them out. That will fuck your jaw.
I haven't received my results yet but does it seem like I may have impacted teeth?

• So Sad
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
I'm so worried about getting my wisdom teeth removed if I need to, but at the dentist I also had a scan and they told me I had to wait for my result.

I'm 24, no wisdom teeth have erupted and I don't feel any pain at all. One of my parents was born without wisdom teeth, and one of them had all 4 grown normally but chose to get them removed anyway.

One of my friends (chad) has all his wisdom teeth and had no problems, meanwhile another friend (LTN, aged 25) had to get them removed because his teeth were impacted (partially erupted).

Thoughts?
AT LEAST YOU WILL NEVER BE A DALIT LIKE ME

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Deprived and Xangsane
@Ritalincel

• JFL
@materialistic @LMSMaxxer @Anchor_Ship @rrrrrr8526

I'M A LOW STATUS DALIT SCIENCE TEACHER.
Don't say that.
Anyway did you have experiences with wisdom teeth? Mine didn't grow at all, are causing me no problems but I had mine scanned anyway because I asked for one

worried about what exactly?

Pain? Doesn’t hurt at all.
Being knocked out? Just bring someone you know. I only dropped one Nbomb when I was knocked out.
Cost? Was 320 dollars in USA.
Facial aesthetic changes? None at 24 that’s for sure. Maby at 14, but at 24 you’re skeletally stuck.

• Hmm...
worried about what exactly?

Pain? Doesn’t hurt at all.
Being knocked out? Just bring someone you know. I only dropped one Nbomb when I was knocked out.
Cost? Was 320 dollars in USA.
Facial aesthetic changes? None at 24 that’s for sure. Maby at 14, but at 24 you’re skeletally stuck.
Worried about nerve damage and swelling

• Woah
Reactions: SLA
Why are you scanning your wisdom teeth in the first place? Are you getting bimax?

• +1
Screenshot 20220516 170021
Screenshot 20220516 170006

From the NHS

I just requested it.

I'm not getting bimax.
In that case I'd do anything to prevent mine being extracted. MSDO can help your bottom wisdom teeth to erupt properly, but this requires your upper arch to be wider than the lower one. It's unlikely that upper wisdom teeth will needed to be removed.

If you're still going through it don't worry, it's not the end of the world, just start to supplement micronutrients beforehand (calcium, vit. D, vit. K2) and all the pain and discomfort should be gone in less than 7 days. The procedure itself is painless as already mentioned. The only change in looks that wisdom teeth removal alone can provide (according to my surgeon) will be due to premolars being verticalised if they're tilted inwards thus changing the bite in a minimal amount, but that would be barely perceptible in the gonial angle.

But again, insist in other approaches first.

• +1
In that case I'd do anything to prevent mine being extracted. MSDO can help your bottom wisdom teeth to erupt properly, but this requires your upper arch to be wider than the lower one. It's unlikely that upper wisdom teeth will needed to be removed.

If you're still going through it don't worry, it's not the end of the world, just start to supplement micronutrients beforehand (calcium, vit. D, vit. K2) and all the pain and discomfort should be gone in less than 7 days. The procedure itself is painless as already mentioned. The only change in looks that wisdom teeth removal alone can provide (according to my surgeon) will be due to premolars being verticalised if they're tilted inwards thus changing the bite in a minimal amount, but that would be barely perceptible in the gonial angle.

But again, insist in other approaches first.
thoughts?

I went to my dentist again this afternoon after work to collect the disc my results are in but I can't view them at home because I need a special "viewer" programme.

I had 4 wisdom teeth, 2 removed on the right side cause of an infection. I probably will need to remove the remaining 2 on my left side before it gets infected again.

• So Sad
I had 4 wisdom teeth, 2 removed on the right side cause of an infection. I probably will need to remove the remaining 2 on my left side before it gets infected again.
Were they partially erupted or they never erupted?

Were they partially erupted or they never erupted?
Fully erupted, but my subhuman recessed jaw made it so they didn't fit properly.

• So Sad
Fully erupted, but my subhuman recessed jaw made it so they didn't fit properly.
Do I look recessed? My dentist today told me that I had a good jaw width and gaps to fit my teeth properly, but I'm worried my teeth are impacted. But again one of my parents was born without wisdom teeth.

Do I look recessed? My dentist today told me that I had a good jaw width and gaps to fit my teeth properly, but I'm worried my teeth are impacted. But again one of my parents was born without wisdom teeth.
You don't look recessed to me, but I've only seen that frontal pic of yours so I can't really tell.

• +1