Is fasting dumb?

D

Deleted member 22124

Prosocial, accountable, well-adjusted participant
You guys are starting to make me doubt the validity of long fasting. I'm not blaming y'all. I'm willing to look at it with an open mind.

My reasoning is pretty much this
I feel very low energy now and I know that some food would enable me to go about my day, doing more stuff and definitely enjoying myself a little more than what I'm currently doing.

But...
I'm just so darn close to my 69 cm waist goal now that it's also tempting to keep pushing it for another day or two if that means I'll be able to get there (it's currently 70 cm).

I feel like people are just telling me it's bad to instill doubt because they're too weak-minded to do it themselves.

After day 3-4 you should feel better since you go into full ketone mode.

Its not only insane fat burning but it also heals the body too so I want to give it a try.

But I saw a study and even though it burned lots of fat there was no BF% decrease after 2 weeks of water fasting. Thats cuz lean mass was also destroyed to some degree(even though GH protects it while fasting) Because of this I am hesitant.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22124
After day 3-4 you should feel better since you go into full ketone mode.

Its not only insane fat burning but it also heals the body too so I want to give it a try.

But I saw a study and even though it burned lots of fat there was no BF% decrease after 2 weeks of water fasting. Thats cuz lean mass was also destroyed to some degree(even though GH protects it while fasting) Because of this I am hesitant.
That's a balanced take. Some muscle breakdown may occur. I like to measure my progress rather than weighing it. For reference, I've lost like 8 cm off my waist and only like a couple from my shoulders so the ratio is pretty much ideal now. If you're a bodybuilder then maybe it's not the best longterm, but most people just wanna be lean and fit.

• +1
Reactions: InSplit
started fasting last week and ive done two 36 hour fasts so far. i drop like 3 lbs of water weight and pooping both times then gain it back over the next two days after the fast. not sure if im doing anything tbh but then again its only been two sessions.

started fasting last week and ive done two 36 hour fasts so far. i drop like 3 lbs of water weight and pooping both times then gain it back over the next two days after the fast. not sure if im doing anything tbh but then again its only been two sessions.
I'm currently 36 hrs fasted. It's very easy to me since I've done 124 hrs before. I can tell you it does work if you break the fast mindfully. You basically want to gradually re-feed yourself for the same duration as the fast, so if you fast for 3 days then you take like 3 days to get up to your maintenance calories.

I don't count anything btw, I just go by experience and intuition.

• +1
Reactions: dakchuh
I'm currently 36 hrs fasted. It's very easy to me since I've done 124 hrs before. I can tell you it does work if you break the fast mindfully. You basically want to gradually re-feed yourself for the same duration as the fast, so if you fast for 3 days then you take like 3 days to get up to your maintenance calories.

I don't count anything btw, I just go by experience and intuition.
my first session was actually like 40ish hours but i was getting pretty dizzy so ima stick to 36 hrs for now

I would say yes because it fucks up your metabolism and breaks down muscles.

Can make you skinny fat too

I would say yes because it fucks up your metabolism and breaks down muscles.

Can make you skinny fat too
That's incorrect. Lowering calories for extended time periods is likelier to decrease metabolism than these quick sessions of restraint. You really think not eating for a few days would put you outta whack? It doesn't. Staying up for a few nights in a row isn't gonna cause irreversible damage either. It's the long bouts of chronic deprivation that messes with our biology. The ones we may not even notice.

That's incorrect. Lowering calories for extended time periods is likelier to decrease metabolism than these quick sessions of restraint. You really think not eating for a few days would put you outta whack? It doesn't. Staying up for a few nights in a row isn't gonna cause irreversible damage either. It's the long bouts of chronic deprivation that messes with our biology. The ones we may not even notice.
Actually my protocol is ideal:

Breakfast at 9 am, Lunch at 12 pm, Food at 3 pm, Dinner at 6 pm (25G protein E3H, fast for 15 hours for a HGH increase)

Actually my protocol is ideal:

Breakfast at 9 am, Lunch at 12 pm, Food at 3 pm, Dinner at 6 pm (25G protein E3H, fast for 15 hours for a HGH increase)
I prefer a meal before I go to bed. You're probably like some Indian kid who need to put on the weight so for you it might be ideal, but again everybody's different.

I prefer a meal before I go to bed. You're probably like some Indian kid who need to put on the weight so for you it might be ideal, but again everybody's different.
I meant fasting for 12 hours as I have a high protein shake 30 minutes before I go bed which is at 9 pm

Last edited:
I meant fasting for 12 hours as I have a high protein shake 30 minutes before I go bed which is at 9 pm
That's basically snacking is what you're doing, which might be fine for you, but it's certainly not ideal for somebody looking to lose weight.

That's basically snacking is what you're doing, which might be fine for you, but it's certainly not ideal for somebody looking to lose weight.
Ihateyou

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20399
Doesn’t spike my insulin levels that much