Is it ok to not shampoo?

JimJones

JimJones

Bronze
Whenever I shampoo my hair, it just goes to shit and doesn't look good for a week or more.

So I'm wondering if there's any downside to only using conditioner and forgetting shampoo altogether

I havent used shampoo since i started cold showers,around 5-6 months more or less

Sup Jim jones

Sup Jim jones
138.jpg

I use shampoo every other day. When I was 17, I didn't use shampoo for two months and my hair improved a lot. It became a lot shinier and thick. Once I told a classmate about this new lifestyle change he called me disgusting and weird. I got so insecure that I started using shampoo again. Maybe I should stop using shampoo and see if it yields any positive results...

i dont shampoo often prolly once a week cause i hate having to restraighten my hair

shampoo is jewish trick, unironically
theres no reason for you to be using it except before when youre going to a haidresser maybe
you dont need it

brutal stinkpill

i put shampoo on head once a week, but i always do it twice to clean hair better.

no idea how some people can not use it for months lol

no idea if shampoo made me norwooding or not tbh but somethind did

PS op my hair also looks shitty after shampoo. feel free to use conditioner instead. and maybe some wax

i put shampoo on head once a week, but i always do it twice to clean hair better.

no idea how some people can not use it for months lol

no idea if shampoo made me norwooding or not tbh but somethind did

PS op my hair also looks shitty after shampoo. feel free to use conditioner instead. and maybe some wax
your hair adapts to it
you have to get off it gradually

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
I haven't shampoo'ed my hair in over 3 weeks now, and it looks ok. It's much easier to style aswell.

• +1
Reactions: dontgoLAXb4UMAXx
Short answer is yes, you really don't need to use shampoo more than once a week even if your hair is long. If your hair is short you don't need to use it at all.

The only real downside of not using shampoo is that your hair will smell worse compared to if you had used shampoo. Of course, this isn't the kind of smell anyone will notice unless they actually put their nose in your hair, but it's worth noting. That's why you can never say to anyone ever that you don't use shampoo, cause they'll not only think your hair is super greasy even though it's not true. They'll also think it stinks (that's not completely true, but if they smell it they will find it worse smelling than recently shampoo'd hair)

In terms of how the hair looks without shampoo it's the same or slightly better. People claim shampoo makes their hair better but that's not true unless the hair is very, very greasy. And when people stop using shampoo their hair gets much more greasy for a short while. If they kept going without shampoo, the scalp would adapt the oil in response to not getting any more shampoo, and would look fine again.

Also, shower cold or at least cool/not warm. Less irritable on the skin, and helps you sweat less. Most likely good for hair too.

Last edited:
try ketoconazole

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: ThreadMatters and Deleted member 1464
Whenever I shampoo my hair, it just goes to shit and doesn't look good for a week or more.

So I'm wondering if there's any downside to only using conditioner and forgetting shampoo altogether

Heard that if you don’t shampoo, you’re gonna go bald