Is it rude to call my roommate out for eating like a pig?

fauxfox

fauxfox

monke monk
My roommate is Chinese and he often eats noodles in our dorm room and it's so fucking disgusting the way he eats them. Like he slurps as loudly and as disgustingly as possible and coughs like holy shit man who taught this dude manners. Maybe it's just culture difference but this is so disgusting man.

If I call him out and tell him to eat normally will he hate me? He's an otherwise fine roommate but this shit is gross.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 18244, Deleted member 7580, Moggie and 7 others
No focus on urself. Meditate bhai. Some ppl just don't want to make it.

U also likely have misophonia.

My roommate is Chinese and he often eats noodles in our dorm room and it's so fucking disgusting the way he eats them. Like he slurps as loudly and as disgustingly as possible and coughs like holy shit man who taught this dude manners. Maybe it's just culture difference but this is so disgusting man.

If I call him out and tell him to eat normally will he hate me? He's an otherwise fine roommate but this shit is gross.
Ching chong mfs always eat like that

• JFL
Reactions: Moggie, Elvisandreaa, HatefulMan™ and 1 other person
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Winnetou, Deleted member 16369 and Deleted member 20519
That's rude against Chinese people..

• JFL
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, House Lannister, SchizoAutism and 2 others
You should invite a friend over and tell your friend to tell him

Lived with 6 Chinese people and all the males did the same shit too. Might be cultural.

Being gross has nothing to do with culture. Tell him, you need to set boundaries

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Moggie, Biiyo03, Deleted member 22611 and 1 other person
He’s probably done it his whole life so it will be hard for him to stop now, it’s worth a try though

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Mouthbreath and Winnetou
Lived with 6 Chinese people and all the males did the same shit too. Might be cultural.

You guys are so naive lol. It is a culturely thing to slurp the noodle soup from the bowl loudly because doing that mean you appreciate the food whereas eating silently meanthat the food is bad.

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 17791 and Moggie
You guys are so naive lol. It is a culturely thing to slurp the noodle soup from the bowl loudly because doing that mean you appreciate the food whereas eating silently meanthat the food is bad.
Did you read my post? I pointed out it's likely due to cultural differences. He's Chinese-American and he probably picked up the habit from his parents.
Personally I find it gross and annoying and my parents would call me out for eating like that (loud asf with mouth open, slurping sounds).
But he's otherwise a good roomate so I'm willing to overlook this flaw and just listen to music or someting if he's eating in the room so I don't hear him

• +1
Reactions: Moggie and ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
East Asians eat like absolute dogs for some reason. Every time I stay in a hostel, it's some Korean slurping his shitty instant noodles like an animal in the common room. Worse than Americans eating with their mouths wide open like cows grazing in a field. Throw a fucking table at them. I think I have some sort of a psychological condition where loud eaters make me feel rage. I can't fucking stand them. I feel so much disgust it's not normal lol.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: SadLivwr, Deleted member 17791 and fauxfox
East Asians eat like absolute dogs for some reason. Every time I stay in a hostel, it's some Korean slurping his shitty instant noodles like an animal in the common room. Worse than Americans eating with their mouths wide open like cows grazing in a field. Throw a fucking table at them. I think I have some sort of a psychological condition where loud eaters make me feel rage. I can't fucking stand them. I feel so much disgust it's not normal lol.
There's actually a set of genes that correlates with increased anger/disgust towards loud eaters, I found out on 23andme that I have 2 copies of the recessive alleles. The recessive allele actually makes someone less likely to be disgusted by gross eating maybe that's why I'm fine with accepting and ignoring it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22611
There's actually a set of genes that correlates with increased anger/disgust towards loud eaters, I found out on 23andme that I have 2 copies of the recessive alleles. The recessive allele actually makes someone less likely to be disgusted by gross eating maybe that's why I'm fine with accepting and ignoring it.
Is it associated with specific ancestry? I know it for a fact my reaction is disproportionate. Same reaction with snorers and people who can't afford a tissue.

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox
Is it associated with specific ancestry? I know it for a fact my reaction is disproportionate. Same reaction with snorers and people who can't afford a tissue.
Not sure if it's associated with any particular ancestry, if it was I'd guess it's rare in east asians. I'm Somali

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22611
Not sure if it's associated with any particular ancestry, if it was I'd guess it's rare in east asians. I'm Somali
Yeah, my ancestry is very far from yours, but this is very curious. Do you remember what are those genes specifically?

• +1
Beat the shit out of him

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: fauxfox and Moggie
Witnessed this shit the other day, it’s disgusting mfs be adults and don’t know how to chew with their mouth closed.

• +1
No point doing it by yourself. Only makes sense if ur eating at someone's place and host made food and u do it to show appreciation.

• +1
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry and fauxfox
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: fauxfox and Prettyboy
Let him eat in peace. He's probably sub 3psl, let him atleast have the food cope

• +1
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry and fauxfox
Beat the shit out of him
Nah he's chill otherwise I don't want to roll the dice on some random roommate who'll likely be worse.
Let him eat in peace. He's probably sub 3psl, let him atleast have the food cope
He's legit 5'2, Chinese, below average face, multiple health problems like hearing aids and scoliosis. Unironically I'd rope if I were him, wouldn't be able to accept a life like that.

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath and Deleted member 19174
No focus on urself. Meditate bhai. Some ppl just don't want to make it.

U also likely have misophonia.
Yeah I have that too op. It drives you crazy listening to people chew or smack their lips but to them it’s normal

Nah he's chill otherwise I don't want to roll the dice on some random roommate who'll likely be worse.

He's legit 5'2, Chinese, below average face, multiple health problems like hearing aids and scoliosis. Unironically I'd rope if I were him, wouldn't be able to accept a life like that.
He is below below even in Asian standard I could only symphatize for him. OP let him cope with eating noodle.

• +1
Chad American cow vs virgin Korean dog

As long as he isn't fat, then he can eat however and whenever he wants. If he is fat, then slap those noodles out of his fat hands and make him skip meals and eat outside. There are already too many fat people around. The last thing we need is noodle mfs copying westerners and becoming wildebeasts cause first they wanna be fat fucks, then they don't wanna stemcel for whites, and then we can't get stacey androids in the future.