is oral minoxidil better than topical for beard growth

HighTierNormie

HighTierNormie

aesthetic ethnic
im getting a reparative hair transplant from dr mwamba by the end of February, but im planning to try and grow my beard in a couple of years for two reasons:
1) so i can get a full beard duh
2) so i can potentially grow more terminal hairs that could be used to restock my donor after my botched hair transplant from hair of istanbul

i have already had experience with topical Minox but have heard that supposedly oral Minox works better to regrow bald patches on the scalp by want to know if this is the case for growing new beard hair as well

the answer to thread title is yes. im on month 3, went from barely having a moustache to light stubble with little patches. i can see my stubbles becoming full in the next 3 months

tbh the only reason i tried oral minoxidil in the first place was to thicken my brows. barely any improvement there, tho i guess growing a beard and looking four years older is cool lol

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Central Cee, CopeTilliRope, Preoximerianas and 3 others
the answer to thread title is yes. im on month 3, went from barely having a moustache to light stubble with little patches. i can see my stubbles becoming full in the next 3 months

tbh the only reason i tried oral minoxidil in the first place was to thicken my brows. barely any improvement there, tho i guess growing a beard and looking four years older is cool lol
do you think it grew faster than if you were using topical?

I'm on sublingual minox for 2.5 weeks now and already have a massive increase in velus hairs.
Every gap in my patchy stubble is filled with velus hairs.
More hairs coming in on my eyebrows now than terminal hairs.
A whole lot of peach fuzz amounst my greatly thinned hairline.

If these velus go terminal I will be a warewolfmaxing.

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah

Any body hair? Or vellus hair on your head?

gonna take castor oil for my hair

Yes it's better but your heart might explode

• JFL
Reactions: never_lucky, mogstar, N1666 and 4 others
im getting a reparative hair transplant from dr mwamba by the end of February, but im planning to try and grow my beard in a couple of years for two reasons:
1) so i can get a full beard duh
2) so i can potentially grow more terminal hairs that could be used to restock my donor after my botched hair transplant from hair of istanbul

i have already had experience with topical Minox but have heard that supposedly oral Minox works better to regrow bald patches on the scalp by want to know if this is the case for growing new beard hair as well
foam minoxidil is better than both

• +1
Reactions: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫, TheMewingBBC and Elvisandreaa
I started using 2.5 mg last week to increase stubble after 1.5 years of using topical for beard growth. It's best to use both methods imo.

What dosage are you using?

Where did you get oral minoxidil/ loniten??
Im from europe btw

do you think it grew faster than if you were using topical?
yes
Any body hair? Or vellus hair on your head?

gonna take castor oil for my hair
yes but not as dense as the beard area
foam is just another form of topical how can it be better?
its not
I started using 2.5 mg last week to increase stubble after 1.5 years of using topical for beard growth. It's best to use both methods imo.

What dosage are you using?
10mg, bought it off alldaychemist

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Zeta ascended and HighTierNormie
Can i pour 2-3 drops of topical minox and use them orally? Someone said that if you pour a few drops under the tongue and keep it there without swallowing for a while will absorb it . Is this cope? I've been doing this for a few weeks , maybe a month and idk if it will accomplish something long term. But so far no side effects from taking topical minoxidil orally

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 and HighTierNormie
Can i pour 2-3 drops of topical minox and use them orally? Someone said that if you pour a few drops under the tongue and keep it there without swallowing for a while will absorb it . Is this cope? I've been doing this for a few weeks , maybe a month and idk if it will accomplish something long term. But so far no side effects from taking topical minoxidil orally
i don't think taking the topical form orally is a good idea there's like 95% other shit in it

• So Sad
Reactions: Umbra
i don't think taking the topical form orally is a good idea there's like 95% other shit in it
Theres no oral minox in my country or even in europe wtf, only from the usa i can order, expensive af plus the shipping , but topical minox still gave me good results, eyelashes , eyebrows, stubble growing rn, and hairline (i got a big forehead, not balding) and i see small hairs that are dense

It can fuck you up by giving your syrian back hair and unibrow.

i have a 6 month supply of it but don’t touch it jfl.

tried it once, hit the squat machine and almost passed the fuck out from low blood pressure. impossible to gymcel on even the lowest dose oral minoxidil. why? it’s literally a blood pressure medication jfl. that’s what it is with a side effect of hair growth cage.

i want the regrowth in my hair too believe me, but it dialates all the blood vessels in your eyes and under your skin, so you have dark rings under eyes, your skin looks really weird, and your eyes have this glossed over bloodshot look to them. looks really fucking weird dude. you look like a literal zombie jfl. not to mention it causes heart failure and heart palpitations from the blood pressure changes jfl.

fuck oral minoxidil dude. rogaine + tretinoin + dermarolling = no side effects hair growth.
did everything reverse coming off it?
i think running it for a year to get terminal hairs and then discontinuing could be a possible strategy?

i have a 6 month supply of it but don’t touch it jfl.

tried it once, hit the squat machine and almost passed the fuck out from low blood pressure. impossible to gymcel on even the lowest dose oral minoxidil. why? it’s literally a blood pressure medication jfl. that’s what it is with a side effect of hair growth cage.

i want the regrowth in my hair too believe me, but it dialates all the blood vessels in your eyes and under your skin, so you have dark rings under eyes, your skin looks really weird, and your eyes have this glossed over bloodshot look to them. looks really fucking weird dude. you look like a literal zombie jfl. not to mention it causes heart failure and heart palpitations from the blood pressure changes jfl.

fuck oral minoxidil dude. rogaine + tretinoin + dermarolling = no side effects hair growth.
also I feel like my skin gets/looks really dry and uncomfortable using minox adding tret with it will probably make that feeling worse, its manageable on scalp/hairline/eyebrows but not on cheeks if you know what i mean.
ideally, i would cycle it for 4 weeks 1 week break each time and build up to a year then come off

the side effects weren’t worth it for me dude. it’s literally a blood pressure medication. if you take it with normal blood pressure 100% chance ur gonna walk around feeling like ur about to pass out. it’s why doctors don’t prescribe it for hair loss 90% of the time. only on the internet is it something people recommend, and everyone knows the side effects aren’t fun. believe me I tried it dude but even I couldn’t handle the side effects of 1/4 the normal dose. I tried everything from 5mg to 1.25mg and same shit
alright i'll take your advice and stick to topical for now, i'll just muscle through the tret purge

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16220
I'm on sublingual minox for 2.5 weeks now and already have a massive increase in velus hairs.
Every gap in my patchy stubble is filled with velus hairs.
More hairs coming in on my eyebrows now than terminal hairs.
A whole lot of peach fuzz amounst my greatly thinned hairline.

If these velus go terminal I will be a warewolfmaxing.
Are you using topical minox or tabletts? And what dose are you on? I have been on 5 mg/day for some weeks now, using topical minox sublingually. Have had some results so far, but tbh they haven't been that impressive compared to what others seem to experience with this method.
It's not cope, it works. Many people have been doing this and had results. It seems that putting it under the tongue and letting it absorb is more effective than ingesting it straight away.
Most topicals are actually safe to ingest. Only a little alcohol and such.

• Love it
Reactions: Umbra
Are you using topical minox or tabletts? And what dose are you on? I have been on 5 mg/day for some weeks now, using topical minox sublingually. Have had some results so far, but tbh they haven't been that impressive compared to what others seem to experience with this method.

It's not cope, it works. Many people have been doing this and had results. It seems that putting it under the tongue and letting it absorb is more effective than ingesting it straight away.

Most topicals are actually safe to ingest. Only a little alcohol and such.
using minoxidil sublingually seems like cope since its avoiding the first pass in the liver which is what's making minox into minoxidil sulfotransferase so it cant be as good as the tablets

the side effects weren’t worth it for me dude. it’s literally a blood pressure medication. if you take it with normal blood pressure 100% chance ur gonna walk around feeling like ur about to pass out. it’s why doctors don’t prescribe it for hair loss 90% of the time. only on the internet is it something people recommend, and everyone knows the side effects aren’t fun. believe me I tried it dude but even I couldn’t handle the side effects of 1/4 the normal dose. I tried everything from 5mg to 1.25mg and same shit
i did more research and supposedly the molecular weight of minoxidil is so low (209 daltons) that it is impossible for the drug to not go systemic even with topical application, taking it orally at a dose of 1mg is the exact same amount of systemic absorption as taking it topically 2ml 5% Minox, but the oral goes through the first pass in the liver making a lot more of the Minox be minoxidil sulfate which is the actual useful metabolite for growing hair?
thoughts?

• +1
Yeah, I'm using a solution which is intended for topical use. Buying Minox pills for oral use from India was needlessly expensive.
What I'm using is minox dissolved in alcohol with propylene glycol.

I should check my C-Reactive Protein blood test in case propylene glycol is causing a problem. But if it was a little elevated I would probably keep using because it's been good so far.

One thing I noticed is that my eye lashes are 5mm longer than last month. (guessing, but noticeable) And the hair on the back of my hands and upper belly has gone from blond to brown.

DOSAGE
I started with 1 drop sublingual twice per day.
I increased that dose by 1 drop each week.
So i'm currently taking 3 drops twice per day.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah and HighTierNormie
i did more research and supposedly the molecular weight of minoxidil is so low (209 daltons) that it is impossible for the drug to not go systemic even with topical application, taking it orally at a dose of 1mg is the exact same amount of systemic absorption as taking it topically 2ml 5% Minox, but the oral goes through the first pass in the liver making a lot more of the Minox be minoxidil sulfate which is the actual useful metabolite for growing hair?
thoughts?
my math was wrong 2ml at 5% is the same systemic absorption as 0.1mg orally

• JFL
so you might be right but the issue is another study I saw said less than 1% of the minoxidil you actually apply gets even absorbed by the skin jfl, and then it’s dependant upon how many minoxidil sulfate enzymes you have in your scalp genetically. I have like fucking zero because I’m a complete non responder to minoxidil without tretinoin added. I don’t even know if the shit works at all for me tbh. fucking unfortunate. and I tried oral min but got side effects on every dose from 1mg to 5mg. it’s too difficult to cut the tiny ass pill any smaller than 1.25mg because it’s literally microscopic, and if I accidentally make it .0001mm too big it gives me side effects. so I just said fuck minoxidil tbh. maybe drinking liquid minoxidil could solve this jfl
you need the first pass for oral Minox to be worth doing, the people taking topical minox orally are doing it sublingually which is avoiding the first pass in the liver and taking the minox directly into the bloodstream

any skin aging sides such as mor enlarged pores or wrinkles? btw any eyelashes improvement?

DOSAGE
I started with 1 drop sublingual twice per day.
I increased that dose by 1 drop each week.
So i'm currently taking 3 drops twice per day.
How come you take such a high dose? In most cases, one drop will equate to 2.5 mg minoxidil. 6 drops would equate to 15 mg, which is three times higher than the standard dose of 5 mg per day.

How come you take such a high dose? In most cases, one drop will equate to 2.5 mg minoxidil. 6 drops would equate to 15 mg, which is three times higher than the standard dose of 5 mg per day.
I thought I would keep increasing it as long as I wasn't having a problem.

Also I was confused about what 5% solution means.

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah

thats the concentration 5% of the bottle is pure minox

After reading up a bit more on sublingual min, it seems like higher doses after better tolerated than the oral pill form. But it is still unclear to me what the upper ceiling would be. Anyways, I will try to up my dose and see what happens.
Your bottle contains 5% min. And 1 ml of min will contain 5 mg of min.

After reading up a bit more on sublingual min, it seems like higher doses after better tolerated than the oral pill form. But it is still unclear to me what the upper ceiling would be. Anyways, I will try to up my dose and see what happens.
sublingual doesn't go through your liver which defeats the purpose of oral minox as that's where the most enzyme activity happens

sublingual doesn't go through your liver which defeats the purpose of oral minox as that's where the most enzyme activity happens
It is correct that it bypasses the liver. This is one of the reasons that sides aren't a big problem with sublingual min, as it can be with oral. As for efficacy, oral minox is probably the more potent of the two. But sublingual can still work very effectively, since it actually isn't necessary to have the liver make the minoxidil into minoxidil sulfate to have it work. Since OP's skin doesn't tolerate topical min very well, sublingual can be an alternative worth considering. I would recommend this video for mor information about sublingual min.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and HighTierNormie
It is correct that it bypasses the liver. This is one of the reasons that sides aren't a big problem with sublingual min, as it can be with oral. As for efficacy, oral minox is probably the more potent of the two. But sublingual can still work very effectively, since it actually isn't necessary to have the liver make the minoxidil into minoxidil sulfate to have it work. Since OP's skin doesn't tolerate topical min very well, sublingual can be an alternative worth considering. I would recommend this video for mor information about sublingual min.
Jfl I forgot to link the video, here it is

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: TrestIsBest and HighTierNormie