Is there something like MSE that expands your palate forward?

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre

Instead of expanding horizontally like MSE, this would split the transverse palatine suture to create forward growth.

Does an appliance like this exist? If it doesn't exist because it wouldn't work, why wouldn't it work?

• +1
Reactions: N1c and Neurose
Facepulling

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and thecel

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 5799, Deleted member 12218 and 4 others
Mewing XD

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
@retard thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: retard and thecel
I think I saw someone undergoing FM saying that they loosened the premaxillary sutures which would bring forward the nasal spine but I think the facial problem of asthetics is not the position of the palate but more of the the maxilla that holds it.

Still a good question though. I wonder what a pair of parallel 90 degree MSE expanders would do at this suture. You'd disrupt nasapharyngeal airflow if you used an expander unless you ONLY expanded foreward from the anterior portion of the suture while anchoring the rear palate. If you anchored on the molars it might push them back along with the alveolar bone.

It would be an interesting experiment.

• +1
Generating growth here would offer practically 0 aesthetic benefit, all it would do is shift your dental arch forward, and offer no forward movement to the orbitals and zygos where forward growth really matters

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, N1c, Deleted member 12218 and 3 others
Generating growth here would offer practically 0 aesthetic benefit, all it would do is shift your dental arch forward, and offer no forward movement to the orbitals and zygos where forward growth really matters

Forward palatal growth would fix underbites without the need for LeFort

• +1
Reactions: N1c and retard
When a suture is split, like through MSE, new bone gets made to fill in the gap.
Same deal with mewing, it creates growth at these sites with some alveolar remodeling mixed in

50A12BB8 B741 4C3E AB22 8D8FEC93DF2E

• Hmm...
Maybe an n2 implant. Check out my thread

• +1
Something like this?

• +1
pretty much just a face puller

• Woah