Is this dumbbell only workout plan good enough?

Deleted member 14203

Deleted member 14203

Platinum
I got my gym membership before I knew much and I got it at the literal cuck gym, planet fitness. So they have no barbells, only machines and dumbells:feelswah:

Anyway I have been doing this for about a month, is this good enough?

3 sets 8-12 bent over dumbbell rows
3 sets 8-12 dumbbell shoulder press
3 sets 8-12 dumbbell bench press
3 sets 8-12 dumbbell bicep curls
3 sets 8-12 dumbbell overhead tricep extensions.

I have been doing this 3 days a week for a month. Usually on two of my rest days I will do bodyweight ab exercises and some stretches for posture.

For legs usually one day I week I will do 3 sets of goblet squats or 3 sets on the leg press machine. Obviously that probably is not enough for legs. I'm also concerned that I'm not doing enough for back. Also, idk if this is enough for delts either. Could any experienced gymcels give advice?

The only place I have made any gains that are noticable to me is chest and biceps. My shoulders and back look the same.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15343, Squirtle and Deleted member 6128
You need a bench and barbell if you want to make things a little easier on yourself. Literally all you need for a home gym on a budget. Maybe a pull-up bar can help too.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Squirtle, Deleted member 6128 and 1 other person
Do you have bench to do bench presses?

For shoulder you should add lateral raises, they engage lateral head more effective that shoulder presses

Also sometimes don't do 8-12 reps, you can also do a few sets with 5-8 reps for strength, that will help you not to get into a plateau.

For back and biceps I strongly suggest doing pull ups/chin ups

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15343, Squirtle, Deleted member 14203 and 1 other person
Do you have bench to do bench presses?

For shoulder you should add lateral raises, they engage lateral head more effective that shoulder presses

Also sometimes don't do 8-12 reps, you can also do a few sets with 5-8 reps for strength, that will help you not to get into a plateau.

For back and biceps I strongly suggest doing pull ups/chin ups
Would it make sense to add lateral raises for every day? Do that and shoulder presses each workout? Or just do that instead of shoulder presses?

They do have a machine to assist/add weight to pull ups. Would 3 sets of pullups be enough for back and biceps?

Also yes, there is a adjustable bench, I always do the dumbbell bench press flat.

Do you think I should just try to work with this or would I be best to just dump the cuck gym and go to a real one and do PPL?

• +1
Reactions: Squirtle
Would it make sense to add lateral raises for every day? Do that and shoulder presses each workout? Or just do that instead of shoulder presses?

They do have a machine to assist/add weight to pull ups. Would 3 sets of pullups be enough for back and biceps?

Also yes, there is a adjustable bench, I always do the dumbbell bench press flat.

Do you think I should just try to work with this or would I be best to just dump the cuck gym and go to a real one and do PPL?
Since you do like 3 days a week then yes, you can add lateral raises and pullups for every day to add more volume for these muscles.

And I think you should do like 4 sets of dumbbel bench press because your chest has little volume, or you can add dips or cabel crossovers

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14203 and Squirtle
Reps are okay, i do more 6-10 for strength, up it to 4 sets as 12-15 sets a week is scientifically most optimum amount of sets for hypertrophy.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14203
Do they have a place to do dips and pullups? If so, do those and focus on calisthenics.

When you get stronger, buy a weight belt for your pullups and dips.

Also, do some lateral raises and facepulls at the end of your workout.

• +1
Reactions: PYT