Is wisdom teeth extraction needed for MSE treatment?

Anchor_Ship

Anchor_Ship

Kraken
Orthodontist said my arches are uneven with one side being ideal and one side having teeth short. He thinks I'm a potential grinder and suggested MSE for expansion of the upper jaw. He said wisdom teeth extraction would be necessary but I'm worried that he isn't knowing if jaw surgery is required when I have a deepbite (recessed jaw) The surgeon that referred me to him stated that jaw surgery would benefit me while this guy says a genioplasty would benefit me but thought invisilign would fix my problem of deepbite

never heard of that being necessary

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship
never heard of that being necessary
"to make room" He didn't expand upon this but im a bit skeptical ngl. If possible I want to avoid wisdom teeth extraction in fear of bone resorption. Im going to do another consult with him after he consults with the maxiosurgeon that works with him that told me that jaw surgery would benefit me.

Mine told me he had to remove my left wisdom teeth or he wouldn't even expand my upper palate. :feelsree:

• Hmm...
if u do mse u need to expand chin too yea or else you may get recessed asf only expanding your maxilla

• Woah