Jfl if you think you need a lip lift

S

Slyfex8

Sphinx
When your upper lip is at a good size, the problem is not your lips but your anterior nasal spin which is too high.

The situation where this bone is too high is more commonly called a "retracted columella". It's absolutely genetic and you got it from one of your parents.

So obviously, you are not going to move this bone down, it's impossible, but you can give the illusion it the lower with a filler or an implant.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2, sozz, Debetro and 10 others
Great work OP, repped

no, people think they need a lip lift but need a lefort/bimax

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and PubertyMaxxer
What about him?

• +1
Reactions: zeno
What about him?

I would say too thin upper lip with a retracted collumela, it would need a picture from profile tbh, also a typical problem of a retracted collumela, it's when your philtrum appears even longer on the pictures than in real life, it's because of the shadows

And how to fix this?? You can’t do get lip lift

And how to fix this?? You can’t do get lip lift

Cartilage grafting (Columellar Strut Graft)

It's the same for most genetic bumps on the nose, they're not really bumps but just a too low radix, it's also genetic and your need a simple graft to fix this instead of letting surgeons break your poor nose bridge.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2, Mezo103, WagedandReady and 1 other person
not always.
you can have normal columella but long philtrum.
in that case you need lefort impaction and/or lip lift

Cartilage grafting (Columellar Strut Graft)

It's the same for most genetic bumps on the nose, they're not really bumps but just a too low radix, it's also genetic and your need a simple graft to fix this instead of letting surgeons break your poor nose bridge.
Not really huge difference imo not even noticeable tbh

Get rhinoplasty + lip lift instead

Not really huge difference imo not even noticeable tbh

Get rhinoplasty + lip lift instead

A rhinoplasty is for the bridge of the nose, not the tip.

And you need to fix according to your defects, if you have a upper lip too small go for a lip lift, if you have a retracted collumela, go for an implant or filler. Many Caucasians suffer from both problems, and that's why there is so much philtrumcel IRL and so they would benefit from these two surgeries.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2, WagedandReady, Pendejo and 1 other person
A rhinoplasty is for the brdige of the nose, not the tip.

And you need to fix according to your defects, if you have a upper lip too small go for a lip lift, if you have a retracted collumela, go for an implant or filler. Many Caucasians suffer from both problems, and that's why there is so much philtrumcel IRL and so they would benefit from these two surgeries.
Can I send you my lips

Not the face just lips to classify my case because I’m planning to get lip lift

If you don’t mind if course ☺️

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: thecel and Slyfex8
A rhinoplasty is for the brdige of the nose, not the tip.
How should i fix the tip of my nose then? Also should i get an alar base reduction?

RateMeNow.jpg

How should i fix the tip of my nose then? Also should i get an alar base reduction?

RateMeNow.jpg

Making the base of your nose narrower could indeed help, but not too much, it wouldn't correspond to your phenotype, otherwise I have trouble judging from the front, if you have a profile picture it would be better.

Should i get an alar base reduction as well?
a doctor that can do a tip/rhino can do alar base reduction. you will need one for sure, yes.

Making the base of your nose narrower could indeed help, but not too much, it wouldn't correspond to your phenotype, otherwise I have trouble judging from the front, if you have a profile picture it would be better.
Old-Side-Profile.jpg
Old-Side-Profile2.jpg

Yes, it is retracted, most of the time when the tip of the nose takes on a pointy appearance, the collumela is retracted, at least to a degree. I think this affects the fact that your philtrum seems a little long.

why wont you get a lip lift which is less complicated, cheaper and done under local anesthesia that will mimick the same results and reduce mms from your philtrum and u wanna get in trouble w grafts and implants that i havent heaard before (i mean the method that u propose)

why wont you get a lip lift which is less complicated, cheaper and done under local anesthesia that will mimick the same results and reduce mms from your philtrum and u wanna get in trouble w grafts and implants that i havent heaard before (i mean the method that u propose)
Because your nose would still look bad from side view:
30fdd6f0c2c7f38d8e1b7e7f40ee9547

• +1
Reactions: WagedandReady
Because your nose would still look bad from side view:
View attachment 260484
ye i see maybe, but still i think lip lift is the best we got, such a nuisance placing grafts/implants under your nose when u got a procedure thats actually permanent (i thought they do it with a thread but they actually remove skin from your philtrum) and and has potential neglibible drawbacks on your side aesthetics, most people wanting philtrum reducement they basically want it for the front

also look at her

i dont think she has a "retracted columella" , she could only get a lip lift and its a great result and permanent too, you do it and you forget about it
sry im a bit biased cuz ill get this, in the start i was cautious about lip lifts but they seem like great surgeries

I have thin upper lip 15mm philtrum and short nose I think I am ideal candidate for lip lift, if I decrease by 3mm midface ratio will be almost 1

yeah i have this because of my tension nose. it makes my philtrum look better.

When your upper lip is at a good size, the problem is not your lips but your anterior nasal spin which is too high.

View attachment 79641

The situation where this bone is too high is more commonly called a "retracted columella". It's absolutely genetic and you got it from one of your parents.

View attachment 79645

So obviously, you are not going to move this bone down, it's impossible, but you can give the illusion it the lower with a filler or an implant.

View attachment 79646

View attachment 79647
Cartilage graft like this one?
1 164

My upper lip is really smaller than the other lip, so i need lip lift ?

High iq missed threads like this

• +1
Reactions: Debetro