Lifting heavy is a meme

TeraCope54

TeraCope54

Sphinx
Imagine buying into the meme that lifting heavy builds more muscle. Even if it's true, it's marginal and not worth the fucked up joints and injuries like this. Just lift heavy broo

@Pythagoras @MrGlutton @Shrek2OnDvD

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: noodlelover, Deleted member 9568, MissLexotan6MG and 12 others
Is he dead?

• JFL
Reactions: Chadeep, Deleted member 7224, chaddyboi66 and 2 others
First time I benched 2 plates I got euphoric for 2 hours straight, pure joy. the thing about lifting heavy is instant gratification that lifting lightly can't provide. It's just too addicting. but now I only lift heavy on pull ups and shit (attach weight) because pushing exercises and heavy lifting will pretty much always lead to problems.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9568, Chadrapist, Romeo1111 and 10 others
First time I benched 2 plates I got euphoric for 2 hours straight, pure joy. the thing about lifting heavy is instant gratification that lifting lightly can't provide. It's just too addicting. but now I only lift heavy on pull ups and shit (attach weight) because pushing exercises and heavy lifting will pretty much always lead to problems.
Who asked?

• JFL
Reactions: n0rthface, Deleted member 4106, Deleted member 7224 and 1 other person
nigga's probably dead or atleast brain damaged. Also can't breath if he's in that position

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: RealLooksmaxxer and Baldingman1998
Imagine buying into the meme that lifting heavy builds more muscle. Even if it's true, it's marginal and not worth the fucked up joints and injuries like this. Just lift heavy broo
View attachment 1369309

Lifting heavy sets you new goals therefore keeps you motivated and the more motivated you are, the more you will be going to the gym

• +1
Reactions: chaddyboi66 and Baldingman1998
iPhone gang

these videos never load

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: sytyl, Looks234, Alexanderr and 6 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Looks234, johncruz12345, volcelfatcel and 1 other person
What bro?
Ohh I forgot you don't speak arabic. It means like your highness or his greatness (it means like mister or something but the meaning is different)

• +1
Reactions: Pythagoras
They get you laid and increase your social status tho :what:
Just got laid bros
Download 66

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Chadeep, BrendioEEE, Deleted member 7224 and 3 others
Ohh I forgot you don't speak arabic. It means like your highness or his greatness (it means like mister or something but the meaning is different)
Sayyed not Sayed, haha arabic mogged :feelsgood:

• JFL
Reactions: Baldingman1998
With the right technique, you won't get injured.

In the case of bench - shoulder extension, scapular retraction, tucked elbows and a small arch will protect your shoulders in the long run.

With the right technique, you won't get injured.

In the case of bench - shoulder extension, scapular retraction, tucked elbows and a small arch will protect your shoulders in the long run.
It’s pretty much impossible to keep the perfect technique in the last 2-3 reps of a 8-10 reps set

It’s pretty much impossible to keep the perfect technique in the last 2-3 reps of a 8-10 reps set
Depends if you go to failure or not. Even then, as long as you don't lose arch and lat tightness you won't fuck up your shoulders in the long run.

I rarely train 8-10 reps to failure because I am a powerlifting-cel.

If you're not powerlifting or competing in a strength sport, it's not necessary to do barbell bench for purely hypertrophy purposes. Can get by with just using dumbbells, although it's probably not ideal because you can progressive overload harder with barbell (push 10-20% more total weight) vs dumbbell.

I usually do reps of 8-10 for strength/volume gains

yep. the point is to LOOK like u lift a lot. Training for hypertrophy is not the same as training for strength or heavy

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
View attachment 1369309

Lifting Literally Bodyweight Makes Guys Jacked:
811dad4ecc5834cf2f66f893894a4e26.jpg

gotta lift big if you want to get big and bodymog these fucking normie faggots. even HTNs and up go to the gym these days so you need to match them in the arms race

It's all relative.

Get to benching 3 plattes, squatting 4 plates, deadlifting 5 plates then switch to hypertrophy.