6- frontal process of the maxilla
7- zygomatic process of the frontal bone
8- frontal process of the zygomatic bone
9- body of the zygomatic bone
10- maxillary border of the zygomatic bone/region
11- temporal process of the zygomatic bone
12- zygomatic process of the temporal bone

Cheekbone Prominence

Males may appear to have less prominent cheekbones due to a more protrusive browridge/forehead and nose.
Females may appear to have more prominent cheekbones due to a less protrusive browridge/forehead and nose.

Essentials of Facial Growth, by Enlow & Hans
Female cheekbones
also "look" much more prominent
for the same reason; that is, the malar
protuberances seem more apparent because the nose and forehead are less
prominent. Indeed, "high cheekbones" are a classic feature of femininity,
much emphasized by beauty analysts. Of course, the malar protuberances
are not actually "higher;" they are just more conspicuous.
Naini
Female cheekbones are less prominent but may
appear more prominent
due to reduced projection of the
surrounding areas.
Facial Gender Affirmation Surgery, An Issue of Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America
The cheek bones are heavier in the male with more malar volume. Contrastingly, they are lighter, but also more prominent and rounded in the female. This is due to women having a greater concentration of soft tissue and fat and is accentuated with some cheek hollowing in the submalar region. Additionally, increasing the width of the zygomatic complex creates more roundness of the facial contours and allows the orbits to appear larger in females. While interzygomatic distance is generally larger in males, it is more prominent in females. In addition, there is a significantly greater fullness in the maxilla relative to the mandible in females which creates a less defined jawline and tends to soften the face.

Zygomatic Arch
7C2D57FE D653 4572 9126 8BC0C2A6FF7A
C88E7D50 E04E 414C 997B 6E6CBDEC1874

Males generally should have higher, thicker, more bowed, and posteriorly extending zygomatic arches.
Females generally should have zygomatic arches that are lower, thinner, less bowed, and less posteriorly extending.

Zygomatic Arch Extension
Capturezepics

As you can see strong male sexual dimorphism leads to the posterior extension of the zygomatic process of the temporal bone well past the EAM

Zygomatic Arch Bowing
The zygomatic arch is bowed stronger in males, leading to be laterally more pronounced in its middle part and forming a more acute angle to the temporal and zygomatic bone than in females.

Zygomatic Arch in the Vertical Direction

In addition, the male zygomatic arch has larger dimensions in vertical direction.

Bonus
Captureorbitzygo

The angle created by the zygomatic process of the frontal bone and the frontal process of the zygomatic bone is sharper and more acute in males than it is in females as shown by the image above.

Malar Convexity
Captumalarconre

In males the malar convexity decreases and they have an overall flatter cheek area due to less infraorbital and malar fat as well as a more prominent forehead, nose, and chin.
In females malar convexity increases as the face becomes more feminine due to having greater soft tissue/fat.

The female group exhibited a greater vertical height of the eye fissure, shorter postero-anterior height of the nasal tip, vertically greater supraorbital ridge, shorter lower face height relative to the total upper anterior face height, more prominent cheeks in the infraorbital region, less prominent cheeks in the buccal region, shorter vertical height of the subnasal region, a smaller nasal hump, and a smaller alar.
Male features included a longer face, with more protruded foreheads, eyebrow ridges and nose, including the region under the upper lip and mandible region, but more retruded cheeks compared to females.
The differences were mainly associated with size. Generally boys had more prominent eyebrow ridges, more deeply set eyes, a flatter cheek area, and a more prominent nose and chin area.

Antero-posterior Prominence of Zygomatic Region

In men zygo prominence is more posterior due to flaring zygo arch and flatter malar convexity.

In females zygo prominence is more anterior due to increased malar convexity giving females that round/bulbous 'apple of the cheek' appearance from side profile.

IMG 20201025 011759 376

IMG 20201020 181750 782

Once again we see the females seem to have full and round upper cheeks with a visually non-existent zygomatic arch but the males seem to have flatter cheeks with visually prominent zygomatic arches.

Zygomatic Appearance From the Front
Males should have the high, sharp, and angular 'inverted boomerang' appearance.
EB00BF2F 7BEF 4D13 A1DA 1D999C9F4CDF
Capturefront

Females should have a round and soft 'apple of the cheek' appearance.
ED287CE7 2E52 4596 9BAF 3F48ABDA3326
Ddee20c32e1515071edc16c8ce1d22de

@Patrick Baitman @PrestonYnot @volcelfatcel @THEMOGEE @Austrian Oak @SubhumanCurrycel @tyronelite @john2 @Chintuck22 @the next o'pry @reptiles @AscendingHero @far336 @pizza @tyronelite

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: PickleTheSlayer, bwrauycnee, Mr. President and 73 others
Appreciate the effort bro.

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President, AscendingHero, Preoximerianas and 3 others
yeah bro dn rd but good good thread botb worthy xd xdxxdxdxd

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Mezo103, Oberyn, thecel and 2 others
Good thread bhai

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz
very informative and useful, nice thread

• +1
Solid thread, bump.
Chad cheekbones on O'Pry

Ballou has higher sex appeal and high cheekbones

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 15099, AscendingHero and 4 others
Ideal zygomatic arch
Screenshot 2021 04 28 03 31 562 1

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: bwrauycnee, CursedOne, It'snotover and 17 others
good thread @Kingkellz but to me these will always be the ideal plus i have these zygos.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 7926, AscendingHero, Deleted member 8165 and 5 others
Great thread. Would also add that female cheekbones often appear higher as they tend to be vertically smaller.

Also, bowing of the zygomatic arch occurs as a result of larger, stronger masseters as the masseter attaches at the zygomatic arch.

I would disagree with the plastic surgery article’s wording. Wider zygos doesn’t create rounder contours, higher levels of superficial cheek fat does. I think this is what they meant by female “cheekbones” not being wider but having more “prominence”.

Wide zygos vs high superficial cheek fat:

Wider placed zygos also don’t increase the width of the eye socket.

• +1
Reactions: t50prince, Biiyo03, Preoximerianas and 5 others
Would you say johnny deppps cheekbones are more female like or very manly?

• +1
IMG 20210524 WA0437

• +1
another user has a made a thread on why barrett looks feminine. his cheekbonehas more malar convexity

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, AscendingHero, SubhumanCurrycel and 2 others
My cheekbones are high set and I have a very strong Ogee Curve but they appear flat from the front. I think I have a lot of superficial cheek fat. I know buccal fat removal is useless in most cases but maybe it's needed in mine?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 21381, Agendum, pizza and 1 other person
another user has a made a thread on why barrett looks feminine. his cheekbonehas more malar convexity
I said it first well before anyone made a thread on it.
They def don't have the classical manly 'inverted boomerang' appearance
like the following so more on the fem side.
EB00BF2F 7BEF 4D13 A1DA 1D999C9F4CDF
Capturefront

Even cartoon superman is depicted with that 'inverted boomerang' appearance
Captuasdre

My cheekbones are high set and I have a very strong Ogee Curve but they appear flat from the front. I think I have a lot of superficial cheek fat. I know buccal fat removal is useless in most cases but maybe it's needed in mine?
facelift and lipo around malar fat pads and buccal fat removal might help.
If you are already close to 10% bodyfat and not happy you could look into it. Custom implants combined with cheek fat removal could help too but I would go for an irl consultation to be sure.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, mmm, Preoximerianas and 8 others
@pizza reacted to your post in the thread Blackpill Male vs Female Zygomatic Region with Hmm....

OH NO

• JFL

They def don't have the classical manly 'inverted boomerang' appearance
like the following so more on the fem side.
View attachment 1156094View attachment 1156095
Even cartoon superman is depicted with that 'inverted boomerang' appearance
View attachment 1156097

facelift and lipo around malar fat pads and buccal fat removal might help.
If you are already close to 10% bodyfat and not happy you could look into it. Custom implants combined with cheek fat removal could help too but I would go for an irl consultation to be sure.
Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm around 10% if not lower so I'll look into these things. Thank you!

• +1
who cares who is first this post is great either way lol
since bimax might make the cheekbone look less protruding, would you say its a good surgery for one with higher malar convexity? or if its a masculizing surgery in general? or the issue is something different?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Preoximerianas and Kingkellz
The Return of the King Banner

• +1
since bimax might make the cheekbone look less protruding, would you say its a good surgery for one with higher malar convexity
possibly yes (it might indeed make the malar region appear less protrusive) but you don't want to get bimax simply for the sake of reducing malar convexity, do you really need bimax is the question... bimax should be used as it was intended: to correct deformities/malocclusion/hypoplasia
you might want to look into cheek fat removal or lowering bf% if you have a bulbous malar region
Captureza

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover, Preoximerianas, AscendingHero and 5 others
Another banger thread from R Kelly

• Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero and Kingkellz
I would disagree with King Kellz on this one (highest IQ user here so no offense meant).

Depp’s cheekbones are vertically large, forward positioned, and wide/flanged out. He also has very little superficial cheek fat (male dimorphic trait) which makes his cheekbone prominence (forward and lateral) even more noticeable.

Bowing of the zygomatic arch is only one component of zygomatic dimorphism. Males also have wider malar surfaces due to wider maxillary sinuses and also more forward positioned zygomatic bones due to longer zygomatic processes of temporal bones.

The difference isn’t really whether the projection is anterior or posterior. Hyper masculine cheekbones have both bowed zygomatic arches (posterior) and forward grown, flanged malar surfaces (anterior).

The femininity comes from high superficial cheek fat, which affects both the anterior and posterior portions of the cheeks.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926, Preoximerianas, AscendingHero and 1 other person
very high iq thread
not sure what I do with that information tho

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Preoximerianas, Deleted member 2729 and 1 other person
@Kingkellz @Effortless @volcelfatcel Do I even have cheekbones?

I’m currently around 20-25% bf still leanmaxxin. Sorry for the shit quality

7743B2E1 DEA5 4AAE B124 B7326AE65CA2

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926, AscendingHero, Preoximerianas and 1 other person
Anatomy
View attachment 1155435

Cheekbone Prominence
View attachment 1155441
Males may appear to have less prominent cheekbones due to a more protrusive browridge/forehead and nose.
Females may appear to have more prominent cheekbones due to a less protrusive browridge/forehead and nose.

Naini

Facial Gender Affirmation Surgery, An Issue of Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America

Zygomatic Arch
View attachment 1155447View attachment 1155448
Males generally should have higher, thicker, more bowed, and posteriorly extending zygomatic arches.
Females generally should have zygomatic arches that are lower, thinner, less bowed, and less posteriorly extending.

Zygomatic Arch Extension
View attachment 1155450
As you can see strong male sexual dimorphism leads to the posterior extension of the zygomatic process of the temporal bone well past the EAM
Zygomatic Arch Bowing

View attachment 1155475

Bonus
View attachment 1155476
The angle created by the zygomatic process of the frontal bone and the frontal process of the zygomatic bone is sharper and more acute in males than it is in females as shown by the image above.

Malar Convexity
View attachment 1155478
In males the malar convexity decreases and they have an overall flatter cheek area due to less infraorbital and malar fat as well as a more prominent forehead, nose, and chin.
In females malar convexity increases as the face becomes more feminine due to having greater soft tissue/fat.

View attachment 1155480
In men zygo prominence is more posterior due to flaring zygo arch and flatter malar convexity.
View attachment 1155481
In females zygo prominence is more anterior due to increased malar convexity giving females that round/bulbous 'apple of the cheek' appearance from side profile.

View attachment 1155482
View attachment 1155483
Once again we see the females seem to have full and round upper cheeks with a visually non-existent zygomatic arch but the males seem to have flatter cheeks with visually prominent zygomatic arches.

View attachment 1155484View attachment 1155486
View attachment 1155488View attachment 1155489

@Patrick Baitman @PrestonYnot @volcelfatcel @THEMOGEE @Austrian Oak @SubhumanCurrycel @tyronelite @john2 @Chintuck22 @the next o'pry @reptiles @AscendingHero @far336 @pizza @tyronelite
The male is basically the Galea/Corinthian Helmet cheekbones
Ideal and heroic
A3b03579b4f74c0e34709cc69581b4ec

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: aesthetic beauty, Deleted member 7926 and Kingkellz
Everyone can get good cheekbones at a Low BF

tommy-robinson-court.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, animo123 and Kingkellz
Do I even have cheekbones?
Everyone does including you.
The relative mass and projection between facial bones may vary (gender+ phenotype), amount and distribution of adipose tissue, hypoplasia, and lighting/angles are all factors that contribute to how your cheekbones 'appear'.

If your are not satisfied with how they look you can always get custom implants + cheek fat removal. Malar bone osteotomies may not always be good and may increase malar convexity giving your a more feminine appearance from side profile view.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Preoximerianas, volcelfatcel and 1 other person
Everyone does including you.
The relative mass and projection between facial bones may vary (gender+ phenotype), amount and distribution of adipose tissue, hypoplasia, and lighting/angles are all factors that contribute to how your cheekbones 'appear'.

If your are not satisfied with how they look you can always get custom implants + cheek fat removal. Malar bone osteotomies may not always be good and may increase malar convexity giving your a more feminine appearance from side profile view.
Nah I ain't gonna get any surgeries for that. Ima keep losing fat till I see em pop

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Kingkellz
Op is a faggot kys op
Anatomy
View attachment 1155435

Cheekbone Prominence
View attachment 1155441

Naini

Zygomatic Arch

Zygomatic Arch Extension
View attachment 1155450
Zygomatic Arch Bowing

View attachment 1155475

Bonus
View attachment 1155476

Malar Convexity
View attachment 1155478

View attachment 1155480
View attachment 1155481

View attachment 1155482
View attachment 1155483

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: thecel and Kingkellz
Bump
Why can't there be more threads like this anymore? Looksmax section is littered with bs these days smh

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, thecel and AscendingHero
  • +1
Also, bowing of the zygomatic arch occurs as a result of larger, stronger masseters as the masseter attaches at the zygomatic arch.
Then why is pitt zygoless?

• +1
Love high IQ threads even tho I don’t know what to do with the information in threads like these.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Kingkellz
W
Anatomy
View attachment 1155435

Cheekbone Prominence
View attachment 1155441

Naini

Zygomatic Arch

Zygomatic Arch Extension
View attachment 1155450
Zygomatic Arch Bowing

View attachment 1155475

Bonus
View attachment 1155476

Malar Convexity
View attachment 1155478

View attachment 1155480
View attachment 1155481

View attachment 1155482
View attachment 1155483

@Kingkellz What causes mogger zygomatic growth like this in the 1st place?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Niklaus Mikaelson
i dont get it does this imply positive orbital vector is a fem trait?

@Kingkellz

I would disagree with King Kellz on this one (highest IQ user here so no offense meant).

Depp’s cheekbones are vertically large, forward positioned, and wide/flanged out. He also has very little superficial cheek fat (male dimorphic trait) which makes his cheekbone prominence (forward and lateral) even more noticeable.

View attachment 1156292View attachment 1156300
Bowing of the zygomatic arch is only one component of zygomatic dimorphism. Males also have wider malar surfaces due to wider maxillary sinuses and also more forward positioned zygomatic bones due to longer zygomatic processes of temporal bones.

The difference isn’t really whether the projection is anterior or posterior. Hyper masculine cheekbones have both bowed zygomatic arches (posterior) and forward grown, flanged malar surfaces (anterior).

The femininity comes from high superficial cheek fat, which affects both the anterior and posterior portions of the cheeks.
so “positive orbital vector” isn’t desired from fat pads and ud rather want bone?

Anatomy
View attachment 1155435

Cheekbone Prominence
View attachment 1155441

Naini

Zygomatic Arch

Zygomatic Arch Extension
View attachment 1155450
Zygomatic Arch Bowing

View attachment 1155475

Bonus
View attachment 1155476

Malar Convexity
View attachment 1155478

View attachment 1155480
View attachment 1155481

View attachment 1155482
View attachment 1155483

View attachment 1155486

post someone who has this cheek structure IRL 😌

Anatomy
View attachment 1155435

Cheekbone Prominence
View attachment 1155441

Naini

Zygomatic Arch

Zygomatic Arch Extension
View attachment 1155450
Zygomatic Arch Bowing

View attachment 1155475

Bonus
View attachment 1155476

Malar Convexity
View attachment 1155478

View attachment 1155480
View attachment 1155481

View attachment 1155482
View attachment 1155483

If the ideal male cheekbones have that boomerang shape why does Lima have a less prominent version of that? Are her cheekbones not fully feminine/ ideal or is that shape also okay for women?

Nice. Has everything you need to know about zygos.