Moggernese: Numbers

D

Deleted member 25938

. . .
Ellao, subhumans d .org! It's been a while since I've made a thread on the beautiful language of Moggernese. Today, we will be learning a crucial element of being able to calculated the quantitative aspects of this world through Moggernese: numbers!

Let's start with the numbers 1 through 10

1 (one) - omn
2 (two) - tug
3 (three) - tree
4 (four) - sar
5 (five) - vife
6 (six) - xic
7 (seven) - shil
8 (eight) - uit
9 (nine) - gu
10 (ten) - dec

Once we get past ten, the number system will work in a fashion similar to the linguistic structure of Sinospheric languages. No more Indo-European language copes such as "muh eleven" or "muh quatre-vingt dix-sept" or any of that. Instead, Moggernese will use the following structure from numbers 11 to 99:

multiple of ten dec single-digit number.

For example, the number 74 would be structured as:

seven * ten + four,

resulting in:

shildecsar.

Using such a system would be much more efficient an systematized than having to remember idiomatic words/pronunciations for numbers.

Similar rules will apply for numbers in the hundreds, thousands, and millions. For reference:

hundred (100) - hond
thousand (1,000) - chan
ten thousand (10,000) - decchan
hundred thousand (100,000) - hondchan
million (1,000,000) - meele
billion (1,000,000,000) - beele

I still need to make words for trillion, quadrillion, quintillion and so on.

Furthermore, I'm still debating whether to encourage the use of hyphens to separate number fragments (kind of like how we would say "seven hundred and seventy-seven" as opposed to "sevenhundredseventyseven" in English). It might be funny to just leave numbers unhyphenated and create goofy Germanic language tier compound words. Take, for instance, the number 3,789,045,826, which would end up in Moggernese as:

treebeeleshilhonduitdecgumeelesardecvifechanuithondtugdecxic.

I'm leaning on using hyphens to help clarify the grouping syntax of the specific numbers making up the whole number, resulting in this case:

treebeele-shilhonduitdecgumeele-sardecvifechan-uithondtugdecxic.

Still pretty ugly though. Will have to work it out (maybe with your help).

Alternatively we could spare ourselves some time and effort and just type out 3,789,045,826 since people rarely even talk on this forum anyway. JFL.

Alas, i aem fint d'av dit pribraeesat huig tudae. Thank all of you who were willing to sit through this autistic torture session. Until then, shitposters.

@TRUE_CEL @Xangsane @lunin7 @julianchicago @tristan18 @apemaxxed @sтᴀʀʙoʏ @luljankybo @defezman @mrriceguy @Cheesyrumble @thecel @enchanted_elixir @Yuno_howitez @emeraldglass @anoright @Dormammu @Beastimmung @rand anon @smoothsexy @Acne Victim

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 24347, Jungcuck, Deleted member 26092 and 5 others
xicgu

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24347, Sub0, Deleted member 15854 and 1 other person
linguistics me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25938
Youngboy lil top nigga
bitch nigga don't say kentrell
Nba Youngboy GIF by YoungBoy Never Broke Again

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15854 and Deleted member 25938
Anyone actually learning this subtract xic from ur PSL and gudecgu from IQ

• JFL
Reactions: Mewton, Deleted member 24347, Deleted member 15854 and 1 other person
Also do you say this in Thai/Khmer accent?

Also do you say this in Thai/Khmer accent?
Not really tbh. Phonetically it sounds pretty creole/pidgin, leaning on the Germanic side from what others have said.

Ellao, subhumans d .org! It's been a while since I've made a thread on the beautiful language of Moggernese. Today, we will be learning a crucial element of being able to calculated the quantitative aspects of this world through Moggernese: numbers!

Let's start with the numbers 1 through 10

1 (one) - omn
2 (two) - tug
3 (three) - tree
4 (four) - sar
5 (five) - vife
6 (six) - xic
7 (seven) - shil
8 (eight) - uit
9 (nine) - gu
10 (ten) - dec

Once we get past ten, the number system will work in a fashion similar to the linguistic structure of Sinospheric languages. No more Indo-European language copes such as "muh eleven" or "muh quatre-vingt dix-sept" or any of that. Instead, Moggernese will use the following structure from numbers 11 to 99:

multiple of ten dec single-digit number.

For example, the number 74 would be structured as:

seven * ten + four,

resulting in:

shildecsar.

Using such a system would be much more efficient an systematized than having to remember idiomatic words/pronunciations for numbers.

Similar rules will apply for numbers in the hundreds, thousands, and millions. For reference:

hundred (100) - hond
thousand (1,000) - chan
ten thousand (10,000) - decchan
hundred thousand (100,000) - hondchan
million (1,000,000) - meele
billion (1,000,000,000) - beele

I still need to make words for trillion, quadrillion, quintillion and so on.

Furthermore, I'm still debating whether to encourage the use of hyphens to separate number fragments (kind of like how we would say "seven hundred and seventy-seven" as opposed to "sevenhundredseventyseven" in English). It might be funny to just leave numbers unhyphenated and create goofy Germanic language tier compound words. Take, for instance, the number 3,789,045,826, which would end up in Moggernese as:

treebeeleshilhonduitdecgumeelesardecvifechanuithondtugdecxic.

I'm leaning on using hyphens to help clarify the grouping syntax of the specific numbers making up the whole number, resulting in this case:

treebeele-shilhonduitdecgumeele-sardecvifechan-uithondtugdecxic.

Still pretty ugly though. Will have to work it out (maybe with your help).

Alternatively we could spare ourselves some time and effort and just type out 3,789,045,826 since people rarely even talk on this forum anyway. JFL.

Alas, i aem fint d'av dit pribraeesat huig tudae. Thank all of you who were willing to sit through this autistic torture session. Until then, shitposters.

@TRUE_CEL @Xangsane @lunin7 @julianchicago @tristan18 @apemaxxed @sтᴀʀʙoʏ @luljankybo @defezman @mrriceguy @Cheesyrumble @thecel @enchanted_elixir @Yuno_howitez @emeraldglass @anoright @Dormammu @Beastimmung @rand anon @smoothsexy @Acne Victim
prime Gandy is shil PSL!

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 25938
Imagine you are a 7 yo kid just getting to learn numbers, and your teacher writes treebeeleshilhonduitdecgumeelesardecvifechanuithondtugdecxic on the board

Brutally moggernesepilled since the childhood

• JFL
Reactions: Mewton and Deleted member 25938
Imagine you are a 7 yo kid just getting to learn numbers, and your teacher writes treebeeleshilhonduitdecgumeelesardecvifechanuithondtugdecxic on the board

Brutally moggernesepilled since the childhood
Luckily the Indians and Arabs saved our asses with their number system, which is now used virtually everywhere.

• JFL
Reactions: Mewton and Acne Victim
Luckily the Indians and Arabs saved our asses with their number system, which is now used virtually everywhere.
Ramadan Muslim GIF by INTO ACTION

Mashallah habibi

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24347 and Deleted member 25938

Users who are viewing this thread

Back