My boss and one of my colleagues pissed me off to the point of rage

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
As some of you know I have been playing the guitar since the beginning of August. I play basic songs and even learned to play fur elise by Beethoven.

Today right before I finished work my boss said if I can play at all and that my playing sucks and my colleague said that it's "not hard at all to play the guitar, you just do this" (and showed me how I was supposed to move my hand up and down). When I said that it takes months and years to master the instrument they looked at me like I was an idiot. They even brought up a YouTube video of a guy saying that you can learn the guitar in 3 days. So they basically made a fool out of me and my calloused fingers and the hundreds of hours that I have spent practicing on the instrument.

Are they just trolls or am I an idiot who's supposed to play like an expert in 2 months? Keep in mind both of them can't even play one chord on the guitar.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14543
As some of you know I have been playing the guitar since the beginning of August. I play basic songs and even learned to play fur elise by Beethoven.

Today right before I finished work my boss said if I can play at all and that my playing sucks and my colleague said that it's "not hard at all to play the guitar, you just do this" (and showed me how I was supposed to move my hand up and down). When I said that it takes months and years to master the instrument they looked at me like I was an idiot. They even brought up a YouTube video of a guy saying that you can learn the guitar in 3 days. So they basically made a fool out of me and my calloused fingers and the hundreds of hours that I have spent practicing on the instrument.

Are they just trolls or am I an idiot who's supposed to play like an expert in 2 months? Keep in mind both of them can't even play one chord on the guitar.
They just sound low iq and clearly haven't played the guitar before, dont take what they say seriously.

• +1
Reactions: Effortless and .*my*.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and .*my*.
OP is a Filipino Jew Mutt.

• JFL
Reactions: .*my*.
They just sound low iq and clearly haven't played the guitar before, dont take what they say seriously.
Thanks I hope so. I'm just really pissed right now because I don't have anything but the guitar. It's the only thing that I'm really passionate about and love. Plus everything else in my life is a mess. I don't have a girl and I don't know if I will ever have one. My relationship with my parents, grandparents and others is all fucked up. I don't know where I want to live and I struggle with severe anxiety and, perhaps, autism. I need to get good at playing so I won't be as miserable and finally be great at something.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 12669
Just focus on improving, fuck what they say.

Learning slow or fast doesn't matter if you're enjoying the process of what you're doing.

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.
lmao your getting trolled IRL so hard. you'll learn eventually one day bro