My experience with jaw training

Epola

Epola

Iron
I began training my jaw around january. Initially I used gum as I thought it might give better results than an actual jaw trainer given the more natural practice of chewing than just crunching your teeth down on some rubber object. I chewed gumballs as I found them to be far firmer, offering much more of a workout than standard gum sticks or whatever. I'd often chew multiple at once for hours at a time. My jawline did get far sharper and more defined, but unfortunately at some point I developed issues with my temporomandibular joint (TMJ) but didn't realize these issues until they'd worsened, and my jaw began making terrible clicking sounds, I laid off the chewing gum, got really scared of jaw training, and set to doing some physical therapy exercises every day. I think the physical therapy was largely ineffective but my jaw did recover.

A couple months later I again delved into jaw training, this time buying a chisell; using it maybe 5 or 6 times a week for 5-10 minutes a day. At the time I was bulking and attempted to use it as a way to still keep my face relatively defined. And while even at 25% bodyfat (fat fuck) my jawline was still clearly visible but only at some angles; at others the submental fat would swallow it and my chin became my neck. Still, multiple gymbros and others commented on my remarkable fat boy jawline. Though having developed masseters helps to define and thicken your jawline, I developed large fat pads in my cheeks, and even having very wide cheekbones, my face lost almost all aesthetics.

As for the TMJ issues, the Chisell seems to have helped my recover the health of my jaw in fact, maybe through being able to safely develop the supportive muscles around the TMJ. Advice to anyone with issues, do not exert pressure through any range of motion in which you hear a click.

Final jawline exercise regimen: Chisell 10-20 minutes per day, stretch jaw after. Chew gum lightly throughout day to encourage more blood into the muscle for accelerated growth.

• +1
Reactions: Aqua, mulattomaxxer, LastHopeForNorman and 4 others
So chewing led to fatter cheeks?

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, delusionalretard and Epola
Have u tried falim gum? It’s better than gum balls
I've tried it but I don't like the taste. Also gum from dollartree is a better deal by 2 cents per stick. autism

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, delusionalretard and facial3rds
I guess this is cheaper than buying google adds for "Chisell".

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: anactualdude, JizzFarmer, delusionalretard and 1 other person
I guess this is cheaper than buying google adds for "Chisell".
I had good experiences with it. It does seem over priced and takes a long time to ship. Additionally the "free replacement" isn't worth a tremendous amount as you're more likely to graduate to the next resistance level before you break it. But it is quality.

• +1
Reactions: delusionalretard
I had good experiences with it. It does seem over priced and takes a long time to ship. Additionally the "free replacement" isn't worth a tremendous amount as you're more likely to graduate to the next resistance level before you break it. But it is quality.
Ill stick to my mastic gum which gives aditional benefits.

Pictures

• +1
Reactions: Slob and Baldingman1998
Its great to see that you have had results. What Type of gum do you chew? Do you chew mastic gum?

I think the problem is when people start chewing they overdo it hard. Especially if you jaw is ayssmetric (if your recessed you probably have an uneven bite). You have autists chewing for 1-2 hours a day which is far to long. As you said 10-20 minutes is ideal. Personally when I chew now I only go for 30 minutes, but I used to go for an hour.

I need to get back onto chewing properly. I stopped doing it due to fear of TMJ. My jaw did start hurting at some point. My jawline improved and 3/4 of my wisdom teeth erupted (probably just correlation not causation). My jawline is softer now. I currently chew on and off, the mastic gum is quite soft for me now.

• +1
Reactions: Aqua
Tldr? Proof?

Its great to see that you have had results. What Type of gum do you chew? Do you chew mastic gum?

I think the problem is when people start chewing they overdo it hard. Especially if you jaw is ayssmetric (if your recessed you probably have an uneven bite). You have autists chewing for 1-2 hours a day which is far to long. As you said 10-20 minutes is ideal. Personally when I chew now I only go for 30 minutes, but I used to go for an hour.

I need to get back onto chewing properly. I stopped doing it due to fear of TMJ. My jaw did start hurting at some point. My jawline improved and 3/4 of my wisdom teeth erupted (probably just correlation not causation). My jawline is softer now. I currently chew on and off, the mastic gum is quite soft for me now.
With low resistance stuff you can do it for far longer, but just like with weightlifting too much too fast will cause injury; the body needs time to recover and adjust. I don't put much thought into it, I just chew extra.

• +1
Reactions: Aqua and mulattomaxxer
With low resistance stuff you can do it for far longer, but just like with weightlifting too much too fast will cause injury; the body needs time to recover and adjust. I don't put much thought into it, I just chew extra.
Get falim gum, its more expensive but its harder. Extra tastes better so I what I do is take 2 peices of falim then chew it with one piece of extra gum.

• +1
Reactions: Epola
You’re ethnic. No one cares about your experiences. Tis ove.