My first impression on injectible oxytocin

KingOfRome

KingOfRome

Pig Disgusting Coomercel
Oxytocin, dubbed by some as the "love hormone", is a peptide hormone and neuropepetide that plays a large role in social bonding and sexual reproduction. Upon close physical contact with a significant other, oxytocin is released into the brain. To replicate this natural release of oxytocin, I injected oxytocin subcutaneously before bed for two nights. One night, I injected 50 mcg's, and the next, I injected 70 mcg's.

Minutes after the 50 mcg injection, I had increased warmth and pressure into the head and face, which subsided soon after and left very slight relaxation that could have easily been a result of placebo. The 70 mcg injection had more intense warmth and (especially) pressure into the head and face, to the point where I had visibly popping veins on my forehead; I was left with a moderate-severe headache and no relaxed feeling. Neither dose alleviated feelings of loneliness or touch-starvation.

Therefore, I can only conclude that direct oxytocin injection cannot substitute real social-sexual bonding.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: zeshama, Deleted member 6401, honky and 1 other person
TL dr
Oxytocin pointless

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Therefore, I can only conclude that direct oxytocin injection cannot substitute real social-sexual bonding.
sad-crying-pepe.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401