My Goal is to Go From 20% Bodyfat to Sub 15% bodyfat in a Month

Zesto

Zesto

ベルセルク
I am right now 5'11 160lb 20% bodyfat and lowest I've ever been was 152lb 16.9% bodyfat.

I was eating more and increased my calories trying to get muscle mass but I don't care about that anymore.

My face is too bloated as are my cheeks.

I will cut down my diet and change serving.

I think I was like 10oz of chicken and 12oz of brown rice 3x a day, in addition to two slices of dark bread and table spoon of peanut butter and snacks.

I will eat 5oz of chicken and 8oz of brown rice 3x a day, drink lots of water, and 1 hour of cardio at gym every day (and 1 protein shake after coming home from gym). No more bread/peanut butter or snacks (Pochi which I love, especially to play with by having in mouth like a fancy cigarrete for hours on end). Maybe some weight lifting too but I will extend time at gym to accommodate, usually I'm there for only 1 hour but might start doing 1 hour of lifting + 1 hour of cardio.

I've never done cardio before, I just sit at the bicycle and watch anime right and do that for an hour while sweating?

I take bunch of vitamins every morning to make up for deficiencies in diet.

I believe this most important thing I can do in preparation for Japan trip end of December in addition to learning as much Japanese as possible.

Nishinotouin Yuriko

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
You can also try intermittent fasting. I lost body fat very well when I tried it.

• +1
Reactions: mug, Extra Chromosome, Never_Began and 1 other person
You can also try intermittent fasting. I lost body fat very well when I tried it.

Happy7

Good idea.

What kind of intervals would you recommend? I of course will still be drinking lots of water.

20% at 160 is skinny fat. Try to gain muscle bro, do a slow bulk to 180 or so, which is still not high if you're 5'11. Your whole body composition will change and you will probably lower the % of body fat in the process.

• +1
Reactions: Zesto
View attachment 4897

Good idea.

What kind of intervals would you recommend? I of course will still be drinking lots of water.
I ate in a window of 8 hours (like 1pm to 9-10pm) and fasted for the rest of the day. During this time you should eat several small meals. High protein low carb is the key. Brown rice is great too.

• +1
I think he was expecting a high IQ response from an informed gymcel like you but you came up with this. SMH :feelscry:

Hmm1

Your thinking would be correct.

@Nibba give me cardio advice, you can PostMax with helpful contributions.

• +1
Reactions: 11gaijin
I think he was expecting a high IQ response from an informed gymcel like you but you came up with this. SMH :feelscry:
His plan is already good lol. As long as he hits all of his macros and stays at a caloric deficit he should be fine

• +1
But why did you wait till now to stop being skinny-fat, if you're going to Japan in a month. Should have got that jpop physique.
Jpop

• +1
Reactions: Never_Began and Zesto
View attachment 4902

Your thinking would be correct.

@Nibba give me cardio advice, you can PostMax with helpful contributions.
Stick to HIIT cardio (high intensity interval training). Do short sprints like 30 seconds a piece on the treadmill with about a minute of rest. Do that for about 15 minutes.

also if you're fairly heavy and not just skinny fat go with water fasting like @fatcelnolonger did

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 283
Stick to HIIT cardio (high intensity interval training). Do short sprints like 30 seconds a piece on the treadmill with about a minute of rest. Do that for about 15 minutes.

also if you're fairly heavy and not just skinny fat go with water fasting like @fatcelnolonger did

Annoyed1

No like for this post.

First half was good and I'll do, but water fasting leads to water retention and is cope.

Water weight is meaningless. I am not doing this for just silly number on scale to go down but actually to lose bodyfat and gain facial definition.

I also enjoy using the bathroom without being in uncomfortable pain for reasons I am too polite to elaborate on as a result of a water fast.

But why did you wait till now to stop being skinny-fat, if you're going to Japan in a month. Should have got that jpop physique.
View attachment 4906

Somber5

I am still lazy American. Look how long it took me to make DJT https://looksmax.org/threads/djt-daily-japanese-thread.4112/.

I will still make progress on both fronts, regardless.

If you going on an intermittent fast you will need a good source of electrolytes:

http://siimland.com/everything-about-getting-enough-electrolytes-while-fasting/

Salt is cope and awful for my purposes of reducing facial bloat.

Though I am of course taking magnesium supplements daily, 400mg of magnesium bisglycinate.

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
View attachment 4909

No like for this post.

First half was good and I'll do, but water fasting leads to water retention and is cope.

Water weight is meaningless. I am not doing this for just silly number on scale to go down but actually to lose bodyfat and gain facial definition.

I also enjoy using the bathroom without being in uncomfortable pain for reasons I am too polite to elaborate on as a result of a water fast.

View attachment 4910

I am still lazy American. Look how long it took me to make DJT https://looksmax.org/threads/djt-daily-japanese-thread.4112/.

I will still make progress on both fronts, regardless.

Salt is cope and awful for my purposes of reducing facial bloat.

Though I am of course taking magnesium supplements daily, 400mg of magnesium bisglycinate.
You can go multiple ways in obtaining electrolytes. I like lemons because they contain a lot of them as well as vitamin C. Relatively low sugar content, which is good for fasting purposes.

• +1
You can go multiple ways in obtaining electrolytes. I like lemons because they contain a lot of them as well as vitamin C. Relatively low sugar content, which is good for fasting purposes.

Happy6

I take 2000mg of vitamin c for SkinMaxxing purposes every single day.

This. Intervals are the most dramatic improvement you can make to your workout routine.

The basic principle is that you do short spurts of the absolute most extreme effort you can possibly muster from your body, and then rest. You have to be sure that your heart is relatively healthy beforehand - I wouldn't do it with a heart condition.

The ratio of work/rest is something you can play with to make progress. Personally I would start at 30secs work/60secs rest and then build up to 60secs work/30secs rest over a course of a few weeks.

I need to start doing this again. I used to do half an hour of 60/30 intervals every workout. I'd do half of them on the elliptical machine and half of them on the stair machine. It can get so intense you feel like your heart is gonna explode, and when you're doing the 60/30 intervals it gets to the point where the last 10 seconds of every interval feels like an eternity. You see "10secs" on the timer, look away, think about a whole bunch of stuff, think "christ we have to be done by now" but then you look at the timer again and it says "9secs." Time slows down when you push your body to the max, it's crazy. Anyway when I was doing intervals I think I was the fittest I have ever been.

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome and Zesto
How do you precisely measure how much body fat you have?

If you're 160lbs and 20% bodyfat, to get to 15% you need to lose 9lbs of fat. That's gonna be very difficult to do in a month.

• +1
When you get to japan, you will lose weight just by eating what they eat. Also what are you using to learn Japanese?

• +1
When you get to japan, you will lose weight just by eating what they eat. Also what are you using to learn Japanese?

Happy10

I already bought udon noodles in preparation.

I will be there whole month (I leave end of December and stay all of January) so lose lots of weight for LeanMaxxing

I use Pimsleur Audio CDs (these are really good, easy to find torrent for I recommend).

Right now I am starting book, Japanese From Zero 1.

You can see my progress with it in this thread.

https://looksmax.org/threads/djt-daily-japanese-thread.4112/

I also have Genki 1 and Remembering the Kanji 1 but have yet to start those.

I make a new update to DJT every single day until I leave for Tokyo.

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
NO do not eat rice if you want a lean face rice is full of carbs.

Also you can get lean on balanced diet alone no need for cardio

• +1
NO do not eat rice if you want a lean face rice is full of carbs.

Also you can get lean on balanced diet alone no need for cardio

Hmm1

You have recommendation for filling food that not bad for bloat?

I already have low calorie so can't just eat chicken alone. I only eat like 4oz of chicken 3x a day.

As Asian boy all I know about are rice and noodles, but both bad because of carb.

Good idea though I not do the cardio then and focus on some light lifting for more LeanMaxxing.

View attachment 5737

I already have low calorie so can't just eat chicken alone. I only eat like 4oz of chicken 3x a day.

As Asian boy all I know about are rice and noodles, but both bad because of carb.

Good idea though I not do the cardio then and focus on some light lifting for more LeanMaxxing.
Yea. Lettuce, tuna (pick the low salt versions), squid, eggs, omelette, broccoli and spinach are good bloat free foods for example. Stay away from anything rich in carbs or sodium. Noodles are some of the worst offenders aswell, full of carbs and sodium

• +1
fast properly (72+ hours) and refeed with fat heavy carnivore meals, make sure to get some organ meats in as well (liver is king here for optimal nootrient density)
make sure you are properly hydrated and get your electrolytes in
there is no way you will ever get less bloated than on this diet

• +1
View attachment 5737

You should focus more on learning japanese than shitposting here tbqh.

• +1
You should focus more on learning japanese than shitposting here tbqh.

Yes it true. I still lazy American though despite being Hafu.

I make small effort in DJT. https://looksmax.org/threads/djt-daily-japanese-thread.4112/

I put update every night until I leave for Tokyo. So at least I not do nothing though still more must be done, I also DietMaxx to LeanMaxx as you saw in other thread.

If I was back on cucksite I would be too addicted to even do small things I do now.