My new gaming laptop is so shit

DarknLost

DarknLost

S̴̢̧̱̪͈͈̻͓̪̭̣̫͎͖̤̤̩̟̳̹͈̩̬̟̩̪̱̰̠͉͖̲̞̳̳̄͛̆̅͊̀͊̚̕͜͝͝͝
My old laptop was such a slayer (i7 7700HQ 2.80 GHz,GTX 1050 Ti,8GB RAM),it ran off GTA 5 (the game I mostly play) on high settings without a single flaw
I fucked my GPU up with overclocking though and I had warranty on the laptop,so I gave the company I bought it from to repair it.
They failed,so they gave me my money back which was the price I paid for the laptop.
I tried to find a laptop,but I wasnt that good at it so I told my brother to find one for me because he is a computer expert.
He told me the best choice was a Lenovo y540 (i5 9300H 2.4 GHz,GTX 1660 Ti,8 GB RAM) and it should run the game even way better then my previous laptop.
I was so happy,yet when the laptop arrived and I installed the game,I am getting sluttering and FPS Drops at the same settings I ran the game with on my previous laptop.
Tried to find out whats the problem,so I emailed rockstar
Capture

WELL,THE CPU CAME OUT TO BE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO JUST RUN AN OLD GAME SMOOTHLY ON JUST SINGLE HIGH SETTINGS
FUCKKK

bro are u sure its the processor? when i got my laptop i was also lagging as fuck in every game despite GPU was gtx1070
solution was:
battery options > TICK high performance mode (by default its something like recommended)
and in nvidia control panel >manage 3d settings > global settings> power management mode > prefer maximum performance

bro are u sure its the processor? when i got my laptop i was also lagging as fuck in every game despite GPU was gtx1070
solution was:
battery options > TICK high performance mode (by default its something like recommended)
and in nvidia control panel >manage 3d settings > global settings> power management mode > prefer maximum performance
I even tried ultimate performance mode in battery options.
didnt fix shit

its over then
I have warranty on this laptop too,but not sure if they are willing to give me my money back that simply

does the geforce experience animation appear when you boot the game?

does the geforce experience animation appear when you boot the game?
yes
I updated the driver too
there is no problem with the graphic card
My CPU is the problem,it has not enough clock speed

imagine getting a gaming laptop
instead of a pc

• +1
Reactions: BigBiceps and SikKunt
Why would you buy a gaming laptop when you can get a desktop with better performance for much cheaper? You probably don’t leave your house at all anyways

• +1
Reactions: SikKunt
Fuckign autist, We all told you to build a PC.

Also lol at emailing Rockstar. What do you want them to do about it?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2810
My old laptop was such a slayer (i7 7700HQ 2.80 GHz,GTX 1050 Ti,8GB RAM),it ran off GTA 5 (the game I mostly play) on high settings without a single flaw
I fucked my GPU up with overclocking though and I had warranty on the laptop,so I gave the company I bought it from to repair it.
They failed,so they gave me my money back which was the price I paid for the laptop.
I tried to find a laptop,but I wasnt that good at it so I told my brother to find one for me because he is a computer expert.
He told me the best choice was a Lenovo y540 (i5 9300H 2.4 GHz,GTX 1660 Ti,8 GB RAM) and it should run the game even way better then my previous laptop.
I was so happy,yet when the laptop arrived and I installed the game,I am getting sluttering and FPS Drops at the same settings I ran the game with on my previous laptop.
View attachment 139693

WELL,THE CPU CAME OUT TO BE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO JUST RUN AN OLD GAME SMOOTHLY ON JUST SINGLE HIGH SETTINGS
FUCKKK

Incels still play games in 2019 ?

wtf does a rotting aspie need a laptop for? ur never leaving ur house anyway jfl shouldve gotten pc

You might have your reasons for getting a notebook but I doubt it was worth it.

Either way your new CPU is better than the old one. You're doing something wrong. Maybe it has a 4k panel and you're trying to play in 4k.

You might have your reasons for getting a notebook but I doubt it was worth it.

Either way your new CPU is better than the old one. You're doing something wrong. Maybe it has a 4k panel and you're trying to play in 4k.
How is it better?
new one is i5 9300H and 2.4 GHz while the older one was i7 7700HQ 2.8 GHz

View attachment 139693

FUCKKK
First of all, laptop isn't for running any heavier game than Runescape, and second of all, you had i7 in your last computer and i5 in new. It's clearly worse, even though you have slightly better graphics card.

• So Sad
Reactions: DarknLost
have you installed the latest gpu drivers for your laptop?

First of all, laptop isn't for running any heavier game than Runescape, and second of all, you had i7 in your last computer and i5 in new. It's clearly worse, even though you have slightly better graphics card.
I have to trade it to them back for my money somehow

• +1
Reactions: BigBiceps
judging by the specs your new laptop is better in every way compared to your older laptop.
either something like your cooling fan isnt working right which is causing your gpu or cpu to throttle hard to the point where it affects performance or your missing some sort of software like gpu and cpu drivers.

if you download this this app should automatically install the right drivers for your laptop

How is it better?
new one is i5 9300H and 2.4 GHz while the older one was i7 7700HQ 2.8 GHz
Ghz is not even close to everything in terms of performance and those are just the base numbers without boost anyways. When doing something intensive those numbers shoot up easily past 3 Ghz.

praxistipps.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fgeforce-grafikkarte-aktivieren_1c1c477e.jpg

its german but the problem could be that you are starting the game with the internal chip instead with the graphics card