My personality is the problem?

MoggerGaston

MoggerGaston

Weltschmerz
I've had an extensive training period this past month at my new job.

Basically: Me (normie+), 1 other guy (normie), 1 girl (becky) got trained together full-time for 3 weeks. Spending 30+ hours a week together.
All of us are in our early-mid twenties.

Imo I slightly mog this girl who has quite nerdy hobbies (videogames) and doesn't go out much. Prefers to be more alone.

During our training I've had a very aloof personality. Very jolly, making jokes a lot, also with a lot of self-depricating humor. All 3 of us are students and while I am not super-poor, I make a lot of jokes about my poor student-life in relation to this new job where we will be earning quite a sum of money. And most people working here have a decent bunch of money.

The guy I am being trained with loves it. Thinks my personality is funny asf, has said on multiple occasions he loves working with me and I am a funny guy.
The guy that is training us laughs about my jokes a lot aswell and has said interview after interview that he loves working with me and I am a pleasant guy to work with.

This becky girl, that by looks-theory should be treating me well due to me mogging her slightly, has been uninterested in me. When she talked about her hobbies I've been acting interested in her, also cuz I used to game a lot myself aswell. We play some of the same games. But she didn't care about that either.

My joking personality seems to turn her off, my self-deprecating humor seems to turn her off. Not that we don't talk or get along with eachother, but it's clear we are just colleagues and a friendship would never form.

It's not the first time I've noticed something like this. I feel like women don't appreciate a guy that acts unserious/jokingly, and that makes jokes about his own life aswell.

Note: I am NOT the type of guy that doesn't take life seriously. I have been acing every exam we have gotten, I never checked in late, my performance has been top-tier. (imo I am the best of the 3 trainees).
But during our training and during breaks, I will be joking all the time.

Anyone else feels like women don't like funny guys that act aloof and not too serious about life? Meanwhile you seem to socialize with guys easily and extremely well, while women don't have any interest in you?

Just wondering what people's experiences have been.

TL: DR

1)I feel like self-depricating humor works extremely well when socializing with men. But it's a MAJOR turn-off with women?

2)I feel like humor in general doesn't amuse women. Women prefer men that act cold and stoic. With little to no jokes and just serious conversation only.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19036
damn all that text and only a hikki is reading your thread, over for you bro.

• JFL
Reactions: MoggerGaston
damn all that text and only a hikki is reading your thread, over for you bro.
I use this forum as my diary.

Atleast half the value obtainable from this post was just from myself contemplating over my own thoughts and putting them into words.

If I don't get replies I'll just read my own post another 2-3 times, agree with myself, and move on. Win either way

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: DawgyDawg, smvmaxxertilllate, subhuman to mtn and 1 other person
LARP about your plans to buy a house and start a family one day with a loving wife when you talk to her

• Love it
LARP about your plans to buy a house and start a family one day with a loving wife when you talk to her
For real. I dont larp enough with women yet.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19036
Anyone else feels like women don't like funny guys that act aloof and not too serious about life? Meanwhile you seem to socialize with guys easily and extremely well, while women don't have any interest in you?
you may be on to something. My personality fairly overlaps with yours except im less upbeat and slightly socially awkward, but i do tend to make male friends easily and get told im funny quite a lot. Although I can make girls laugh, I can never match their extroverted energy for extended periods, and never had female friends beyond acquaintance level

Although since im LTN id pretty much have to become a bubbly faggot type to make female friends

One theory could be: Males have always been the realist gender while females live in lala land. They dislike blackpilled, critical lines of thought - self deprecating humour falls under this.

• +1
Reactions: smvmaxxertilllate and MoggerGaston
TL: DR

1)I feel like self-depricating humor works extremely well when socializing with men. But it's a MAJOR turn-off with women?

2)I feel like humor in general doesn't amuse women. Women prefer men that act cold and stoic. With little to no jokes and just serious conversation only.
Your sub-chad looks are a major turn-off to women, not your personality.
All jokes aside though, she just doesn't find you attractive bc you're not her type or she has a bf or smth like that, don't take it to heart.

• +1
Reactions: copemaxxeer and MoggerGaston
Your sub-chad looks are a major turn-off to women, not your personality.
All jokes aside though, she just doesn't find you attractive bc you're not her type or she has a bf or smth like that, don't take it to heart.
Yeah it's the main reason undoubtedly.

Women just aren't capable of normal social contact/friendship. If they don't like the way you look, they don't want to be your friend either.

• +1
Reactions: copemaxxeer and Ezekiel
This is a hit or miss some people will like your funny personality some others might not. And you can't just change everything to suit another style because some people will not like that either.

Best thing is to have balance.

• +1
find the becky after work get your own chloroform or just hit her really hard tie her up, sound proof your basement and keep her for yourself or auction her off.

Attachments

• Blonde.jpg
    Blonde.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
u tryna jestermaxx nigga?

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston and Mr.Proper
She might have someone but not putting him on let's say social networks and not mentioning him in conversations ever, it would be expected then, especially if he is better looking than you (you aren't bad though, that's for sure).

• +1
Always have since my childhood tbh.
May a way of your mind to compensate for constant anxiety and worrying you can have inside.
Another possibility is ADHD. I have it and naturally very talkative, telling jokes and sometimes talking to random people in lines out of boredom, but on medication (unfortunately it's banned in my country) I'm way more calm and "serious" and talking much less.

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and MoggerGaston