Nasal tip projection

Pendejo

Pendejo

Kraken
Nasal tip projection

-What it is and how to measure it:

Nasal projection

Nasal tip projection (see diagram) assesses how far out from the face the tip of the nose protrudes. There are several accepted methods of measuring nasal tip projection, but the most common one described is the Goode method.First the alar line is drawn, which is a line running perpendicular to the Frankfort plane. The alar line runs thru the alar-facial crease, which is where the nasal base attaches to the cheek (see dashed line). A measurement is then taken from the nasal tip to the alar line (“A” in the diagram) and compared to the distance from the nasal tip to the nasal starting point (“B” in the diagram). The ratio of “A” to “B” is a measure of tip projection and should ideally be 0.55-0.60 in most patients. When this ratio is higher than ideal (tip of the nose is positioned too far from the face), the nose is considered overprojected. When the opposite exists and the ratio is lower than ideal (tip of the nose too close to the face), the nose is considered underprojected.

Goode's method diagram:
Tip Projection

Illustration of both methods:
GoodeBaum

Your nose is also overprojected if your SDLNT (Sagittal distance from lip to nose tip) makes more than 60% of the whole sagittal length of the nose and/or if your SDLNT measures more than 2 cm.

Nasal Tip Projection Dr Barry Eppley Indianapolis

Nosesideview

A low radix accentuates the appearance of an overprojected nose.

-How to fix an overprojected nose:

Rhinoplasty For An Over Projected Tip

The goal in rhinoplasty for an overly projected nasal tip is to bring the tip of the nose closer to the face (deprojection of the nasal tip) while maintaining proportion with the remainder of the nose and face. As noted above, the bridge height is often times excessively high in patients with an overly projected nasal tip. Therefore, it is frequently necessary to reduce the bridge height while bringing the nasal tip in closer to the face.

In some rhinoplasty patients, deprojection of the nasal tip simply involves reducing the size of what is commonly referred to as the domal cartilage. The domal cartilage is the highest point of the lower lateral cartilage as it sticks out from the face. If this portion of the lower lateral cartilage is excessively prominent, very careful reduction of the dome can be undertaken to deproject the nasal tip. Some rhinoplasty terms that refer to this type of nasal tip deprojection maneuver include: domal truncation, crural overlay, and vertical dome division. In other rhinoplasty patients, the entire lower lateral cartilage has to detached, moved and reattached to accomplish the desired change in tip projection. Depending on the rhinoplasty surgeon’s expertise and experience, both methods can be done successfully using either an open or closed rhinoplasty approach.

In many cases where the nasal tip is being deprojected, the nose also has to be rotated slightly to maintain proper esthetic balance. To some degree this is directly proportional to the amount of tip deprojection being performed.

Algorithm developed to help simplify the approach to deprojection.

Analysis begins with evaluation of the radix. Asterisk indicates that full-transfixion incision can be added to these procedures to allow further retrodisplacement. MCO indicates medial crural overlay; LCO, lateral crural overlay.
Algorithm developed to help simplify the approach to deprojection Analysis begins with

-Before & Afters:
Result1
Result1FrontView

Result2
Result2BasalView

Result3

Result4

A low radix can be fixed with a radix graft, an implant or fillers such as Radiesse.
Result5

Radiesse

Jaw surgery could make the nose look less overprojected as well:

Some more in-depth information regarding this:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: garoupilled_, Iblamejordan, AscendingHero and 10 others
Mine aint great

Dn rd but its all about the maxilla

Welcome back brother

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth, cutecel and Pendejo
Dn rd but its all about the maxilla
I knew someone was going to comment this, you can have both a good maxilla and an overprojected nose, although is not very common.

Its true that if your jaws are recessed your nose would look overprojected, that is why i included this in the thread that you didnt ever bother to read:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766, AscendingHero, DianabolDownie and 1 other person
Nasal tip projection

View attachment 212560

Nasal tip projection (see diagram) assesses how far out from the face the tip of the nose protrudes. There are several accepted methods of measuring nasal tip projection, but the most common one described is the Goode method.First the alar line is drawn, which is a line running perpendicular to the Frankfort plane. The alar line runs thru the alar-facial crease, which is where the nasal base attaches to the cheek (see dashed line). A measurement is then taken from the nasal tip to the alar line (“A” in the diagram) and compared to the distance from the nasal tip to the nasal starting point (“B” in the diagram). The ratio of “A” to “B” is a measure of tip projection and should ideally be 0.55-0.60 in most patients. When this ratio is higher than ideal (tip of the nose is positioned too far from the face), the nose is considered overprojected. When the opposite exists and the ratio is lower than ideal (tip of the nose too close to the face), the nose is considered underprojected.

Goode's method diagram:
View attachment 212562

View attachment 212563

Your nose is also overprojected if your SDLNT (Sagittal distance from lip to nose tip) makes more than 60% of the whole sagittal length of the nose and/or if your SDLNT measures more than 2 cm.

View attachment 212564
View attachment 212565

Analysis begins with evaluation of the radix. Asterisk indicates that full-transfixion incision can be added to these procedures to allow further retrodisplacement. MCO indicates medial crural overlay; LCO, lateral crural overlay.
View attachment 212567

-Before & Afters:
View attachment 212568View attachment 212569
View attachment 212570View attachment 212574

View attachment 212577
View attachment 212580

A low radix can be fixed with a radix graft, an implant or fillers such as Radiesse.
View attachment 212582
View attachment 212583

Another high iq post brother

• +1
Reactions: IndianJock and Pendejo
@samm735 when is your rhino?

I remember you wanted to get deprojection of the tip, right?

@samm735 when is your rhino?

I remember you wanted to get deprojection of the tip, right?
2021 most likely, had 9 stitches back of head in september bc a loft door fell out the ceiling and split it open so im giving brain like 2 years to heal before skull is touched like that.

like my concussion went after 16 weeks, still some tinnitus but not taking any chances of touching anything before fully healed.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: garoupilled_ and Pendejo
I knew someone was going to comment this, you can have both a good maxilla and an overprojected nose, although is not very common.

Its true that if your jaws are recessed your nose would look overprojected, that is why i included this in the thread that you didnt ever bother to read:
Damn I think this is one of my flaws, I have a good maxilla but my nose also seems overprojected. It's bulbous as well.
Damn I think this is one of my flaws, I have a good maxilla but my nose also seems overprojected. It's bulbous as well.
Should be noted that my chin is weak as well so maybe my nose just seems to overprojected because of that.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Pendejo
Should be noted that my chin is weak as well so maybe my nose just seems to overprojected because of that.
Measure your nasal projection with one of the methods described in the thread and find out if your nose is really overprojected or it just look like that because your weak chin.

@PapiMew @tyronelite @Kingkellz why isn't this in botb?? and @makeithappenreturn 's subliminal/law of attraction shit is on botb??

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Administrator
Could an overprojected maxilla be fixed with jaw surgery only, without extra surgery to correct overprojected nose? Let's say if someone has an overprojected nose, but a recessed maxilla as well, can we say that the cause of the overprojected nose is the maxilla and could it get fixed by jaw surgery?

Measure your nasal projection with one of the methods described in the thread and find out if your nose is really overprojected or it just look like that because your weak chin.
Is there any way we can measure if nose is overprojected just by itself or if it is as a result of a recessed maxilla?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Administrator
Nasal tip projection

View attachment 212560

Goode's method diagram:
View attachment 212562

View attachment 212563

View attachment 212564
View attachment 212565

View attachment 212567

-Before & Afters:
View attachment 212568View attachment 212569
View attachment 212570View attachment 212574

View attachment 212577
View attachment 212580

View attachment 212582
View attachment 212583

OP @Pendejo finally active bro good to see you back (post some of ur top tier forum.**************** threads here) you too @Kingkellz

Anyways OP what if you have the opposite and possess and underproojecting nasal tip/nasal spine?

Could an overprojected maxilla be fixed with jaw surgery only, without extra surgery to correct overprojected nose? Let's say if someone has an overprojected nose, but a recessed maxilla as well, can we say that the cause of the overprojected nose is the maxilla and could it get fixed by jaw surgery?
Its can be genetic. You can have long hooked nose and goodmaxilla and recessed face and hook nose.