Need University Advice - Graduates/IBcels GTFIH

AbuHamzaAlHashimi

AbuHamzaAlHashimi

Iron
So I'm about to go to MYP5 (Grade 10/Year 11) and I was wondering what I should do in Uni, my current plan is to do Computer Science but I feel its getting bloated cuz every nigga seems to have a comp-sci degree nowadays, Need Advice

Subjects: I'm taking standard maths, my sciences are chemistry and physics, rest is pretty irrelevent

Thanks in Advance brothers

Side-Question: is this accurate? https://www.bestcollegereviews.org/best-college-majors-for-the-future/ @TheMewingBBC moneymaxxing guide cites it, the salaries seem to be lowballed AF

maths, physics, comp sci or engineering are all good degrees

• +1
Reactions: vampyre, Deleted member 23558, Master_Wanky and 2 others
Read The Almanack of Naval Ravikant

What is your aim?

What is your aim?
Ideally a business which generates income by itself, degreemaxxing just in case it goes to shit, I want to do a degree which will get me a 6 figures salary within the first decade of slaving

computer science then

with AI masters. only few go there

maths, physics, comp sci or engineering are all good degrees
Engineering needs Extended Maths which I honestly can't stress myself with, What jobs can you get with Physics and Maths?

Idk how uni really works tbh, don't you do one major and one minor?
Uni takes 4 years for bachelors degree
and 2 more years for masters degree if you choose to.
usually you will have "small jobs" during university that are called internships, and they pay you.

Uni takes 4 years for bachelors degree
and 2 more years for masters degree if you choose to.
usually you will have "small jobs" during university that are called internships, and they pay you.
and I can do computer science and AI at the same time, right? what do you think comp-sci bachelors/AI masters

So I'm about to go to MYP5 (Grade 10/Year 11) and I was wondering what I should do in Uni, my current plan is to do Computer Science but I feel its getting bloated cuz every nigga seems to have a comp-sci degree nowadays, Need Advice

Subjects: I'm taking standard maths, my sciences are chemistry and physics, rest is pretty irrelevent

Side-Question: is this accurate? https://www.bestcollegereviews.org/best-college-majors-for-the-future/ @TheMewingBBC moneymaxxing guide cites it, the salaries seem to be lowballed AF
Any math heavy degree is a good alternative if not that business at a good business school or just do what your parents said and become a doctor/dentist

Any math heavy degree is a good alternative if not that business at a good business school or just do what your parents said and become a doctor/dentist
I'm heavily considering computer science however I fear the job will get replaced by AI, what do you think

I'm heavily considering computer science however I fear the job will get replaced by AI, what do you think
Your degree honestly has nothing to do with your job you can still do CS and not work in tech honestly though I would pick it up with AI/Machine learning

The CS space isn't oversaturated, there are a lot of people doing it but they suck and only got the degree for the ridiculous wages they're paid, but there's certainly a shortage of good computer scientists. The world is only getting more and more digitized, so the demand for computer scientists overall isn't likely to stagnate.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Mr. President and Deleted member 23558
If computer scientists get entirely replaced, then there's a limited amount of jobs available that wouldn't also get replaced.
So, don't worry about that. As someone with a CS degree, you'd be better positioned to take advantage of the advancements made in AI than most people.

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President
🥱🥱🥱

1f1d1a145da829cf773769b6f5614496

Don’t do the IB if you’re bad at time management like me

Two years of less sleep and more stress has probably stunted my growth and fucked my health

Become an actuary, you still gotta code and use math and the salary ain't half bad.

here’s my opinion on things from what i’ve seen after graduation (graduated with engineering degree)
-comp sci: not oversaturated, but best positions are competitive. probably only a good idea to pursue if you get into a good uni and can get good grades, as well as develop your programming “portfolio” (i forget the more accurate word for this), basically companies will want to see more experience than just passing classes. workload varies greatly.
-engineering: more competitive than you’d think. there’s not a lot of entry level positions in general. new engineers are really more of a liability for training than value. it took me 9 months after graduating to find a job. I honestly wouldn’t pursue an engineering degree unless you plan on getting a graduate degree as well. maybe some exceptions for electrical and of course computer engineering. you’ll also have to actually work at most engineering jobs, or at the very least be present at an office/factory/whatever.
-finance: pretty complex, lots of things to consider. if you’re low work ethic you can get by with some bullshit corporate finance job where you work 1 hour a day from home and get a mediocre salary. or you can go into something like investment banking and work your ass off for big bucks. either way, having NT and looks are even more important for these types of jobs. lots of networking and dicksucking to be done if want promotion
-medicine: i mean if u want to start making good money when ur 35 go for it but seems stupid to me tbh

dnrd. Drop out and get a job, retard.

• JFL
Reactions: Informationcapitali, plukee and Deleted member 18879
wish i was a high iq paikistani

here’s my opinion on things from what i’ve seen after graduation (graduated with engineering degree)
-comp sci: not oversaturated, but best positions are competitive. probably only a good idea to pursue if you get into a good uni and can get good grades, as well as develop your programming “portfolio” (i forget the more accurate word for this), basically companies will want to see more experience than just passing classes. workload varies greatly.
-engineering: more competitive than you’d think. there’s not a lot of entry level positions in general. new engineers are really more of a liability for training than value. it took me 9 months after graduating to find a job. I honestly wouldn’t pursue an engineering degree unless you plan on getting a graduate degree as well. maybe some exceptions for electrical and of course computer engineering. you’ll also have to actually work at most engineering jobs, or at the very least be present at an office/factory/whatever.
-finance: pretty complex, lots of things to consider. if you’re low work ethic you can get by with some bullshit corporate finance job where you work 1 hour a day from home and get a mediocre salary. or you can go into something like investment banking and work your ass off for big bucks. either way, having NT and looks are even more important for these types of jobs. lots of networking and dicksucking to be done if want promotion
-medicine: i mean if u want to start making good money when ur 35 go for it but seems stupid to me tbh
I bet you in Mech/Areo

The CS space isn't oversaturated, there are a lot of people doing it but they suck and only got the degree for the ridiculous wages they're paid, but there's certainly a shortage of good computer scientists. The world is only getting more and more digitized, so the demand for computer scientists overall isn't likely to stagnate.
there is too many people coming from the bootcamps thinkin they are gonna make 300k but the reality is the best programmer is more like an architect and an enginner while the bootcampers are the mexicans

everyone is getting a cs degree for the money but a majority of them are super shit at it so there is very high competition. you will get a job no problem with a cs degree if you're actually good at it.

Where do you live ? If it aint US or Canada get choose Medicine/Dentistry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back