Optimal treatment for dry scalp flakes?

F

fuggg

Bronze
Whenever I dont wash my hair for a few days I get tiny white flakes in my hair.
According to my research, this isnt dandruff but simply flakes from a dry scalp. (Dandruff produces larger flakes with a yellow tint)

I have read that a dry scalp is treated by washing the hair less often and with special shampoos.
Weirdly enough, tea tree oil is recommend despite having drying properties - I tested it out but didnt notice a big difference. After a few days of not washing the flakes are back there and the scalp might be a bit itchy too.

Did anybody here have the same problem. Whats the optimal solution? Can you recommend any products?

Coffe shampoo.

I think ketoconazole shampoo could help, since its anti-androgenic and prevents any kind of build up on the scalp.

I think ketoconazole shampoo could help, since its anti-androgenic and prevents any kind of build up on the scalp.
isnt ketoconazole anti-dandruff instead of anti-dryscalp?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13367
I had the same issue all my entire life and literally nothing worked (tried no-poo, vinegar, nizoral, etc etc)
if u find a solution tag me

isnt ketoconazole anti-dandruff instead of anti-dryscalp?
It is anti-dandruff but it also makes your scalp imprevious to buildup of residue.
Have you talked to a dermatologist about this?
Also, going off your description, I might have the exact same problem. I also get small, completely white flakes in my hair that become very noticable if I run my hands through my hair over some dark surface.
For me, ketoconazole gets rid of it for like a few a days but it always comes back.

It is anti-dandruff but it also makes your scalp imprevious to buildup of residue.
Have you talked to a dermatologist about this?
Also, going off your description, I might have the exact same problem. I also get small, completely white flakes in my hair that become very noticable if I run my hands through my hair over some dark surface.
For me, ketoconazole gets rid of it for like a few a days but it always comes back.
sadly ketoconazole isnt over the counter in switzerland (idk why lmao) so id have to go to a dermatologist first. that might be my last resort actually.

have you ever tried sulfate-free shampoos? allegedly sulfates are very damaging and drying to both hair and scalp but funnily they are in a lot of shampoos that are advertised as "caring for scalp" . might test out one of these first.

apple cider vinegar

Don't want to sound too negative, but I'm afraid nothing really works in long term

have more T to stimulate sebaceous gland activity