Orthodontic treatment was one of the worst decisions in my kife

D

Deleted member 14918

Silver
From 14 to almost 19 year old lasted the treatment

Palate expander, headgear, "activator" and braces with class 2 elastics

Just imagine how much this messed up my nTural harmony

Also not eating cause of all this shit stunted my growth further

At 15 girls were already talking behind my back how i got really ugly was coping thinking i was just leaner or made pics with better camera

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: MissLexotan6MG and basementdweller78
As regards palate expanders, they are usually based, as regards the other things, do you mean you corrected a 2-class malocclusion (overbite) with elastics?

As regards palate expanders, they are usually based, as regards the other things, do you mean you corrected a 2-class malocclusion (overbite) with elastics?
Expanders werent good for me tho, i also bit the expander hard during sleep wich shortened my face in a bad way, my eyes also became smaller (from nose base) and rounder cause of expansion or bone hyperthrophy, had huge eye halo before
Yeah overbite correction with elastics and headgear

welcome to the club buddy boyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• +1
Reactions: mee, ElySioNs, Preoximerianas and 1 other person
wait was it a reverse pull headgear or a classic one?

Yeah overbite correction with elastics and headgear

yes orthodontic overbite corrections are known to be bad because they exert a force to push the mandible forward, but also exert a force to push the upper maxilla back.

Medical literature also reports side effects of theese treatment, however nowadays dentist believe it's better to ruin a kid's face to align his teeth immediately than waiting he grows up in order to perform jaw surgery on him to fix the root of their malocclusions.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and Preoximerianas
wait was it a reverse pull headgear or a classic one?
certival pull headgear = overbite correction

reverse pull headgear = underbite correction

OP wore the overbite headgear

I can't believe how many people had their face growth stunt by orthodontic treatments in childhood.
People with micro narrow palate but aligned teeth everywhere

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and Preoximerianas
yes orthodontic overbite corrections are known to be bad because they exert a force to push the mandible forward, but also exert a force to push the upper maxilla back.

Medical literature also reports side effects of theese treatment, however nowadays dentist believe it's better to ruin a kid's face to align his teeth immediately than waiting he grows up in order to perform jaw surgery on him to fix the root of their malocclusions.
orthodontics isn't about health or looks, its about how they gain the most money, and its obviously doing a 5 year treatment which is much more money than a surgery :feelswhy:
about fitting a medical standard while gaining the most for themselfes

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, Preoximerianas and Lorsss
I can't believe how many people had their face growth stunt by orthodontic treatments in childhood.
People with micro narrow palate but aligned teeth everywhere
i remember how at 14 the orthodontist talked me and my mother out of surgery in a way to make us anxious about it, how bad the complications are etc and that his treatment is better

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
orthodontics isn't about health or looks, its about how they gain the most money, and its obviously doing a 5 year treatment which is much more money than a surgery :feelswhy:
about fitting a medical standard while gaining the most for themselfes

At 7 years old I had crooked teeth and deep bite. Parents brought me to orthodontist, who applied on me a palate expander for 5 years.

I don't know if palate expander stunted my palate forwars growth, but for sure it widened my palate and made new space for upper teeth who became aligned.

At the end of palate expander treatment, at 12 years old, upper teeth were ok but my lower teeth were still crooked and I still had overbite. Orthodontist proposed lower teeth braces but I rejected.
Do you think the braces for lower teeth would have stunted adulescence mandible growth?

now I am 23 and I am getting invisalign for lower teeth. (free with insurance) As soon as I get money I will do bimax for deep bite and forward growth

Orthodontics is about function not aesthetics usually, unless you ask for something specific (same as maxillofacial surgeons) or at least that's what my orthodontist told me when he denied to rip off my teeth so I can straighten my bite. He straight up said it's better to have overbite (I am a pretty special case tho, as in I have a massive overbite but my chin is 99% level with my upper jaw, can DM pics if you interested) than to just take off teeth/do osteotomy and have a flatter side profile/maxilla. Your parents couldn't know that if they're not blackpilled , and you also were too young to do research. I don't think it's as bad as you think, it was probably the better option back then, since you don't know if you would end up looking better, and you also dont know if you would actually end up looking worse due to fucked teeth/jaws ruining static balance.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas
Orthodontics is about function not aesthetics usually, unless you ask for something specific (same as maxillofacial surgeons) or at least that's what my orthodontist told me when he denied to rip off my teeth so I can straighten my bite. He straight up said it's better to have overbite (I am a pretty special case tho, as in I have a massive overbite but my chin is 99% level with my upper jaw, can DM pics if you interested) than to just take off teeth/do osteotomy and have a flatter side profile/maxilla. Your parents couldn't know that if they're not blackpilled , and you also were too young to do research. I don't think it's as bad as you think, it was probably the better option back then, since you don't know if you would end up looking better, and you also dont know if you would actually end up looking worse due to fucked teeth/jaws ruining static balance.
why would your side profile be flatter if jaw surgery will advance enough distance to cover the space lost from extraction?

Why is it so difficult to find one who cares about function and aesthetics? They get a hardon for function while completely ignoring aesthetics.

Why is it so difficult to find one who cares about function and aesthetics? They get a hardon for function while completely ignoring aesthetics.
'cause those who care about looks are shallow and looks are some unimportant addon' :soy::soy: its only about personality in life :feelsuhh:

why would your side profile be flatter if jaw surgery will advance enough distance to cover the space lost from extraction?
So I dont understand this shit exactly, but the options were iirc 2: One was take off 4 teeth, and correct jaws with braces (would mean pushing back both jaws?). The second was upper jaw osteotomy, but I'd also need to do smth about the lower jaw because then my chin would stick excessively. The only good option I saw online (which wasn't mentioned by either) was some thing called Clockwise Mandibular Rotation/Osteotomy smth like that, which would probably work, but it's very high risk considering my mandible is very very good. I can dm you side profile pic so you can see that it's basically super conflicting, a surgeon would just tell you "do it" cause money and cause his books/studies tell him to just do that for function.

'cause those who care about looks are shallow and looks are some unimportant addon' :soy::soy: its only about personality in life :feelsuhh:

Two years I saw something horrible on a friend on mine. He was already a 20 years old truecel kissless virgin: average height, severe negative canthal tilt, ugly bug eyes, recessed face, bad midface ratio, acne, mediocre frame.

So one day he came up with premolars extracted and an atrocious orthodontic device, which aimed to shorten the maxilla to fix the overbite.
"Do you know what you are doing?", I shouted at him. "That device is going to deform your face and make it more flat", I continued.

However the guy did not take me seriously and laughed on me: "Teh hee I will deform mah face", repeating at me.

One year after the guy removed the "reverse lefort appliance", and obtained a flatter face as I predicted, but unexpectedly found a girlfriend and disappeared from social life to pursue his LTR.

So his case strengthned my idea that looks is not so crucial to get an LTR, even if the relationship may have severe downsides

Two years I saw something horrible on a friend on mine. He was already a 20 years old truecel kissless virgin: average height, severe negative canthal tilt, ugly bug eyes, recessed face, bad midface ratio, acne, mediocre frame.

So one day he came up with premolars extracted and an atrocious orthodontic device, which aimed to shorten the maxilla to fix the overbite.
"Do you know what you are doing?", I shouted at him. "That device is going to deform your face and make it more flat", I continued.

However the guy did not take me seriously and laughed on me: "Teh hee I will deform mah face", repeating at me.

One year after the guy removed the "reverse lefort appliance", and obtained a flatter face as I predicted, but unexpectedly found a girlfriend and disappeared from social life to pursue his LTR.
It isnt black and white, some features are better for some people, u have pics of him to analyze? Just dm

Always listen to orthotropists
Mike mew and John mew they are saviours

function :lul: yeah I function so well with my recessed maxilla and subhuman airway

• +1
Reactions: Gianno_02