potentially effective new technique for adjusting the skull by hand

Deleted member 1973

Deleted member 1973

pastebin.com/Tb8AYcyk
instead of putting pressure on the body all day long using a device in order to create growth, to instead use the hands to manipulate the area for a few minutes at a time once every hour. His reasoning was that this constant new stimulation and periodic reminder to the body to change would induce mitosis of the cells more powerfully and lead to quicker growth than simply leaving a device in place that the body could adapt to. This idea ended up catching on so much and working so well that it completely took over the entire community and everyone started doing it with good results.

After reading about the idea more and seeing the parallels to what we are doing here, I decided that I wanted to see if it would work on the skull too. Here's the inventor giving a breakdown of the main idea (edited by me to line up with our purposes here):

Your hands are simply the best facepulling device. Using them you can facepull whenever you have the time and privacy to do it. And if you follow my method which is a 1-2 minute pulling session every hour, your sutures and skull will grow more quickly than if you just wear devices. Plus your skull gets a chance to rest between facepulling sessions.
My routine went like this: I would facepull for 1-2 minutes at the top of every hour using gentle pressure that felt good until my sutures felt like they had separated some. I did this all day long. This method works well because you stress the sutures for 1-2 minutes, and then let them rest for an hour before the next time you facepull.
I've just barely started using this method to try and create expansion and not forward growth like most people use facepulling for, but what I can say so far is this: With a starting intermolar width of 31.8mm measured using a digital caliper, after I spent an entire day chewing gum, I gained no expansion at all. After I spent an entire day doing super hard mewing, I gained no expansion at all. But after I spent an entire day using my thumbs to do gentle expansion of the palate for 2 minutes at a time every hour, my intermolar width changed from 31.88mm to 32.04mm and I was able to retain this expansion overnight by using an expander that wasn't even applying much pressure. I know it's not much but that was just after one day of doing the gentle pulling and I am one hundred percent positive that my measurements were accurate.

This idea is very experimental, and I can't say anything for sure, but if it ends up working then I think that it could become one of the main ways for adults to adjust and grow the skull. If it ends up being legitimate then it can probably be used for all sorts of things like moving the maxilla forward and more. I plan to begin using it consistently very soon in order to gain expansion of my palate and to try and center my midline as well.

Be warned that I have no clue if this idea will work, if it will create good or bad changes, or even if it is safe or not. Following from that, if you decide to try this out on yourself, you are doing so at your own risk. I have read way too many stories of people ruining their faces, their teeth, their jaw joints, and their bites through bad facepulling to present this idea without a disclaimer. You should probably only attempt this if you really know what you are doing and if you aren't doing things out of desperation. Remember that the pulling should be gentle. Also realize that proper Mewing and chewing are all most people will need. With that said, I am going to try it on myself and see what happens.

I've created this thread as a way to share this idea, as a place to post my own results, and as a place to collect the results of anyone else who wants to try it out.

Similar Ideas:

@progress has shared an interesting link where someone else talks about doing something very similar:

http://www.debugyourhealth.com/orthodontics-and-cranial-structure/

https://archive.fo/C2ZZl

Scroll down to the section called "Home Osteopathic Exercises to Widen the Palate" near the bottom of the page to read about it.

Testimonials:

I will collect some testimonials from around the forum here. I recommend reading the linked threads as you get to see a more complete view of what people experience with the technique, both good and bad.

Posted by: Greensmoothies
Thanks for starting this thread and sharing this idea. I started on this a few weeks ago and measuring by tape measure, I've gone from 41mm to 42mm intermolar
Most notably my maxilla (and mandible) swung up rapidly, effectively eliminating my weak-looking chin area. While an improvement, my guess is I need 4mm forward growth here to eliminate CFD. Not sure what this means exactly, but my Mew indicator line score is 41mm and a month ago it was 44mm, please keep in mind this is hard to measure with pin-point precision though, as I'm using a tape measure and might be measuring to a different point on the nose tip.
https://the-great-work.org/communit...ue-for-adjusting-the-skull-by-hand/#post-3466
Posted by: Krollic
I started at around 40mm imw about 4 months ago, except at the ripe old age of 23 and I was struggling to make results despite tongue posture being rather easy to maintain throughout the waking day. I only started to get rapid results when I began introducing exercises and techniques such as;
Thumb pulling - A manual expansion technique that involves pressing firmly on the inner-side of your teeth, gums and palate outwards and forwards to stimulate growth. Every 1 to 1.5 hours I do it for about 1 or 2 minutes at a time from when I wake to the moment before I go to bed. It has rapidly increased my gains. I'm now at about 45mm IMW in the past couple of months and I accredit it mainly to this technique. It's like an expansion device except is it free and pretty easy to do. I think it is low risk also. The downsides of it is that it requires vigilance and dedication and isn't exactly fun.
I would suggest this technique for intermediate mewers once they have a solid understanding of oral functions.
https://the-great-work.org/community/case-discussions/options-for-expansion/#post-4692
Posted by: Krollic
Yep, it's accelerated my results substantially. Every hour to 1.5 hour or so I push outwards and forward on the inner side of my teeth, then gums. then palate for about 2 minutes at a time with a very firm force. I feel/hear sutures pop when I do this.
Really effective for raising Inter molar width imo
so far i've gained 2mm of IMW in the past 2 weeks. a tiny amount of it may be due to slight tipping. it has made tongue posture substantially easier
https://the-great-work.org/communit...cording-to-all-what-we-know-so-far/#post-4813
Posted by: Jimbobape
Anyways the past couple months I discovered that if I yank on my maxilla hard enough with my thumbs the sutures way back give way so I was able to improve my angle a lot with that. But unfortunately, my cheekbones didn't really follow suit so only my under-nose support, lips and gonial angle improved really.
Quick disclaimer My hand strength is immense, I have not met a person able to do this yet besides me.
Another thing I discovered was that with my thumbs in mouth palate expansion method (it's exactly as it sounds), if I did a slow 60-120 second hold of lower intensity, I would legitimately feel my palate split down the middle. Very intense and painful feeling, feels like hot searing pain down the back - I can momentarily gain about 3mm or more when I do this. My face literally splits apart when I do this in the mirror ahaha it's crazy. If I had a removable palate expander I could honestly gain a centimeter of width in a week no exaggeration.
https://the-great-work.org/communit...w-meat-raw-egg-diet-day-2-report-2/#post-9444
Posted by: Euclid
I'm 33 and began mewing back on-off since March, I would say with certainty that my mewing progress was very minor, and I attribute that to poor posture and form. Around June, I then decided to switch up and supplement it with thumb-based face pulling and even belt pulling - I believe the former concept was first introduced by Keengo? In my case I didn't expect much, but was I surprised to see the result. First I measured my inter-molar dental width which using dental calipers I purchased on Amazon, initial reading were 34.8mm - 3 weeks into routing face pulling and the occasional mewing and this jumped up to close to 37mm, and it definitely showed physically (definitely not placebo).
https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling-my-experience/#post-12087

• +1
Reactions: Bigfatpersonboy, goat2x, Deleted member 6403 and 1 other person
old news bro

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SoyGune, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 1973
Don't tell me you're this fucking retarded

• JFL
Reactions: SoyGune
" With a starting intermolar width of 31.8mm "
holy shit who is this truecel

• JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, mido the slayer and SoyGune
I read this before but I never figured out what the fuck they did with their hands? Do they put their fingers inside their mouth and pull in the direction of the zygos? As in try to make their upper teeth expand to the sides?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
  • +1
Reactions: goat2x
Thumbpulling, so how do we do it?