(real science) Skin ageing

DrTony

DrTony

Master
Ok enough with the shitposts and pseudoscience in this forum.
Check out this Nature publication that came out today...
Hopefully you have full access. Ask me any questions so we can get the ball rolling.

Y27632 and apocynin :) Former is a ROCK inhibitor :) I know cuz I've done lots of work with it during my PhD
What a wonderful paper

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Corleone, LastHopeForNorman, HeavenAdmιn and 7 others
How to cure baldness Doc? ?

• +1
Reactions: homo_faber
What should I do?

I did not understand anything from this article

I will only reply to well formulated questions on the paper by the way.

If someone is unable to read and understand in depth full Nature papers, he should generally refrain from posting advice on looksmaxing and just give anecdotal (or broscience) advice

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
It is the most prestigious, most highly-selective, peer-reviewed academic journal in existence. A first author publication in here is everyone's dream. Getting a first author publication in Nature is approximately 10x as hard as getting into Harvard. It requires extremely high IQ, and 4-5 years of unrelenting work (and LUCK).

You are officially retarded Nick Gurr. Go back to your basement and rot. Or perhaps keep mewing

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: zeshama, HeavenAdmιn, yang and 1 other person
It is the most prestigious, most highly-selective, peer-reviewed academic journal in existence. A first author publication in here is everyone's dream. Getting a first author publication in Nature is approximately 10x as hard as getting into Harvard. It requires extremely high IQ, and 4-5 years of unrelenting work (and LUCK).

You are officially retarded Nick Gurr. Go back to your basement and rot. Or perhaps keep mewing
(((author)))

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: diggbicc and kobecel

No, Vice is.
Hopefully you have full access. Ask me any questions so we can get the ball rolling.

Y27632 and apocynin :) Former is a ROCK inhibitor :) I know cuz I've done lots of work with it during my PhD
What a wonderful paper
Damn, nigchild, I couldn't even understand that abstract. I guess I am lowIQ. Idk how i even got a computer science degree, maybe the curriculum was shit. Explains why i still work in retail.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel, Steve bachall, kobecel and 1 other person
Jewish article you have to pay for

You don't have to pay shit if you are affiliated with uni or research institutions. You only have to pay if you are a basement dweller.

You don't have to pay shit if you are affiliated with uni or research institutions. You only have to pay if you are a basement dweller.
Then why did you post it on a forum full of neets

• JFL
Reactions: Morpheus, EverythingMattersCel, diggbicc and 4 others
No, Vice is.

Damn, nigchild, I couldn't even understand that abstract. I guess I am lowIQ. Idk how i even got a computer science degree, maybe the curriculum was shit. Explains why i still work in retail.
If you didn't even understand the abstract, that's really really bad. Probably low IQ yes. It is not the end of the world. You dont have to be high IQ to be happy. You could just be good looking and happy. It is a fantastic discovery on the physiological drivers of chronological/intrinsic skin ageing with potential druggable targets too

If you didn't even understand the abstract, that's really really bad. Probably low IQ yes. It is not the end of the world. You dont have to be high IQ to be happy. You could just be good looking and happy. It is a fantastic discovery on the physiological drivers of chronological/intrinsic skin ageing with potential druggable targets too
Do a thread on why gymcelling isn't cope next

Do a thread on why gymcelling isn't cope next
cope if you dont inject or arent at least 6 foot

tfw youre nothing

dont need to flex on us negro

cope if you dont inject or arent at least 6 foot

tfw youre nothing

dont need to flex on us negro
Lol, I barely skimmed over his article. I could understand it if I took the time, but i dont have access to a computer atm to alt-tab on word meanings and usages.

Also, I'm 6'2 and injecting.

Lol, I barely skimmed over his article. I could understand it if I took the time, but i dont have access to a computer atm to alt-tab on word meanings and usages.

Also, I'm 6'2 and injecting.
Based and naturepilled

• +1
Reactions: kobecel

What a wonderful paper

Why are you not banned?

(i can only read abstract).

How did thay get the COL17A1 in there (if they did)? supplement? inject? topically?

I just found some more info here.

" After confirming the importance of COL17A1, the team decided to investigate whether they could stimulate the protein once it was depleted"
"They isolated two chemical compounds—Y27632 and apocynin—and tested both on skin cells, with positive results.
"Application of these drugs to full-thickness skin wounds significantly promoted wound repair,"
" Nishimura told AFP that the work could eventually lead to products like creams or tablets that could stop skin deterioration and promote repair."

They applied it topically???

One can buy online.

apocynin

Y27632

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel and bruhcel
What's your opinion on telomer shortening due to increased cell turnover rate from tretinoin?

• Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: Rift and EverythingMattersCel
I have been using apocinin for 1.5 years. The best thing I ever bought for my skin. I'm 28 years old. My forehead lines disappear. Mimic wrinkles around the mouth are still visible. My DIY serum (liposomal version) contains Apocynine and two extracts that are tropoelastin promoter and tropoelastin crosslinker.

• Woah
Reactions: HeavenAdmιn
What's your opinion on telomer shortening due to increased cell turnover rate from tretinoin?

Link study or where you heard this from. Isn't a similar argument used for microneedling (dermarolling)?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963
I have been using apocinin for 1.5 years. The best thing I ever bought for my skin. I'm 28 years old. My forehead lines disappear. Mimic wrinkles around the mouth are still visible. My DIY serum (liposomal version) contains Apocynine and two extracts that are tropoelastin promoter and tropoelastin crosslinker.
Where’d you buy them man?

Link study or where you heard this from. Isn't a similar argument used for microneedling (dermarolling)?
I have no specific study. You might find one idk. But isn't that the mechanism of action of tretinoin? I've heard that it retinol inhibits telomerase activity as well (not talking about topical application) but afaik skin cells don't even have telomerase activity to begin with?
I might be mixing some things up because it's been a while since I looked into it but I'd really appreciate it if someone could further elaborate whether my concerns are justified or not.

Apopng

Apocinin smells very strong. It is legal.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: HeavenAdmιn and Morpheus
So then do you dilute it and how much do you typically apply? And do you do it to your whole face or only areas of concern?
Yes, all over my face and neck. I am doing the liposomal version (0.050% apocinin). You need ultrasonic device:

Attachments

• 16083897789156905850100993822936.jpg
    16083897789156905850100993822936.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel
[/QU
You cannot buy an extract that was used in experiments. The patent describes a method for obtaining an extract from plants. I buy plants and make an extract. I add the extract to my DIY serum. These are the most powerful ingredients pro-tropoelastin and pro-LOXL

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20100215785

Could you copy and paste the article in pm? I am poorcel, if i could afford it i would read it.

You have a lot of collagen-increasing creams/ peptides e.t.c, but it's very difficult to increase elastin levels ( net increase). This scientist succeeded.

"Quite surprisingly, Composition 1 containing both 1% Rubus fruticosus and 1% Peucedanum graveolens demonstrated a synergistic improvement in skin elasticity. The combined effect was greater than the sum of the separate effects of even 2% Rubus fruticosus and 1% Peucedanum graveolens alone. In fact, the improvement in elasticity for Composition 1 containing both 1% Rubus fruticosus and 1% Peucedanum graveolens was more than triple that of the sum of the separate effects of 2% Rubus fruticosus (Composition C) and 1% Peucedanum graveolens (Composition D). Furthermore, this surprising synergy held for both gross elasticity and net increase in elastic recovery. "

Last edited: