reason minoxidil gains for hairloss disappear after stopping use?

ethereal

ethereal

Iron
is it related to dht or does it happen because of the decreased bloodflow to the scalp because you stopped minoxidil?

i tried to google this shit first but didnt see any direct answers so let me know.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 64829
Minoxidil doesn't cure the underlying causes of hair loss; it only promotes hair growth while you're using it. Once you stop, the benefits gradually fade because it doesn't address the root cause.

• +1
Reactions: Graham
is it related to dht or does it happen because of the decreased bloodflow to the scalp because you stopped minoxidil?

i tried to google this shit first but didnt see any direct answers so let me know.
The truth is that like with many other medications in the beauty industry, the exact mechanism of action of Minoxidil is not known nor understood.

What we do know is that in users whose scalps carry sufficient sulfotransferase, Minoxidil induces a completely new cycle of hair growth with increased thickness and strength. Stopping minoxidil simply reverts said mechanism to one's original hair cycle.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, BoredPrince and Deleted member 32094
Minoxidil doesn't cure the underlying causes of hair loss; it only promotes hair growth while you're using it. Once you stop, the benefits gradually fade because it doesn't address the root cause.
yes, but if the patient didnt suffer from hairloss or have "underlying causes" like excessive dht, would the hairs grown with minoxidil still remain after stopping the treatment like what happens with people who used minoxidil for beard growth or would the hair still be minoxidil dependant?

• +1
The truth is that like with many other medications in the beauty industry, the exact mechanism of action of Minoxidil is not known nor understood.

What we do know is that in users whose scalps carry sufficient sulfotransferase, Minoxidil induces a completely new cycle of hair growth with increased thickness and strength. Stopping minoxidil simply reverts said mechanism to one's original hair cycle.
the fact that minoxidil hair growth is permanent when used for the beard but not when used for the head hair makes me think that dht might be the culprit. dht is helpful for beard growth and shit for hair growth so thats what im basing this speculation on, what do you think?

• +1
yes, but if the patient didnt suffer from hairloss or have "underlying causes" like excessive dht, would the hairs grown with minoxidil still remain after stopping the treatment like what happens with people who used minoxidil for beard growth or would the hair still be minoxidil dependant?
If a person who didn't suffer from hair loss or underlying causes like excessive DHT used minoxidil for hair growth, the outcome could be different. In such cases, the newly grown hair might continue to thrive even after stopping minoxidil, but it's not guaranteed, and individual responses can vary.

Minoxidil primarily works by dilating blood vessels in the scalp, increasing blood flow to hair follicles, and promoting hair growth. When used by individuals without a history of hair loss or underlying issues, the hair growth stimulated by minoxidil may not be as reliant on the medication for maintenance.

However, it's still possible that some of the hair growth could be minoxidil-dependent. The exact outcome can vary from person to person, and it's difficult to predict how much of the newly grown hair will persist after discontinuation.

i dont have MPB and used it in my hair 2x a day for 6 months and quit cold turkey, I didn't notice any hair loss or growth from it. (maybe my hair grew long quicker? but that's it. I did gain some new hair in my hairline that are still here after 8+ months of quitting minox and they're still growing. But if u have MPB you will lose your gains and go to the stage of hair loss you would've been if u never USed minox

If a person who didn't suffer from hair loss or underlying causes like excessive DHT used minoxidil for hair growth, the outcome could be different. In such cases, the newly grown hair might continue to thrive even after stopping minoxidil, but it's not guaranteed, and individual responses can vary.

Minoxidil primarily works by dilating blood vessels in the scalp, increasing blood flow to hair follicles, and promoting hair growth. When used by individuals without a history of hair loss or underlying issues, the hair growth stimulated by minoxidil may not be as reliant on the medication for maintenance.

However, it's still possible that some of the hair growth could be minoxidil-dependent. The exact outcome can vary from person to person, and it's difficult to predict how much of the newly grown hair will persist after discontinuation.
this happened to me but the new hair wasn't enough to cause any aesthetically significant change, I still have those hair after monjts of quitting minox. i don't have MPB and I'm not on any sort of medication

this happened to me but the new hair wasn't enough to cause any aesthetically significant change, I still have those hair after monjts of quitting minox. i don't have MPB and I'm not on any sort of medication
In your case, since you didn't have male pattern baldness (MPB) or underlying causes for hair loss and the newly grown hair has persisted after discontinuing minoxidil, it's possible that the hair stimulated by minoxidil was not solely minoxidil-dependent. It could be that the improved blood circulation and overall scalp health provided by minoxidil contributed to the longevity of the hair you gained.

i agree, i assume that the hair turned terminal because the facial hair on my forehead and nose was growing long as a side effect. Those hair fell out in 2 months while I maintained the few scalp hair which are now 4-5 inches long

However, it's still possible that some of the hair growth could be minoxidil-dependent. The exact outcome can vary from person to person, and it's difficult to predict how much of the newly grown hair will persist after
i dont have MPB and used it in my hair 2x a day for 6 months and quit cold turkey, I didn't notice any hair loss or growth from it. (maybe my hair grew long quicker? but that's it. I did gain some new hair in my hairline that are still here after 8+ months of quitting minox and they're still growing. But if u have MPB you will lose your gains and go to the stage of hair loss you would've been if u never USed minox
yeah thats what i was thinking, makes sense that the dht starts fucking shit up again when you stop, well techincally its always fucking shit up even while you are using minoxidil, its just that the minoxidil covers it up by artificially boosting hair growth

• +1

thanks for the input. would be interesting to see what would happen if someone had hairloss caused by a steroid cycle and after stopping the cycle started using minoxidil, maybe the results would be permanent because the dht isnt increased anymore by the steroids post cycle

• +1
thanks for the input. would be interesting to see what would happen if someone had hairloss caused by a steroid cycle and after stopping the cycle started using minoxidil, maybe the results would be permanent because the dht isnt increased anymore by the steroids post cycle
Minoxidil hair don't disappear because of dht. Minoxidil hair is entirely dependent on minoxidil

Even if you had 0% dht 0% in your blood anything grown from Minoxidil will die once minoxidil supply is ceased. Unfortunately it's not yet understood how/why it works so you won't find any answers

If you want to run steroids/SARMs DHT blockers won't do shit as you're injecting a compound that is gonna attach to your follicles and rape them itself jfl :lul:

You need something that binds to androgen receptors (ru-58841, breezula, fluridil), so that when the compound reaches the scalp, the "spot" is already occupied by the other chemical

• +1
Reactions: Graham

Even if you carry on using it, it will eventually become ineffective, because the androgens will still render the hair follicle dormant over time.

You need something that binds to androgen receptors (ru-58841, breezula, fluridil), so that when the compound reaches the scalp, the "spot" is already occupied by the other chemical
I'm currently looking into Breezula, sounds really promising in terms of side-effects.

Even if you carry on using it, it will eventually become ineffective, because the androgens will still render the hair follicle dormant over time.

I'm currently looking into Breezula, sounds really promising in terms of side-effects.
Adrogens fucking suck

Adrogens fucking suck
Eh, sorta, they're double edged sword. If you want to be a Chad, you need them, but you also need the androgen resistance in your scalp.