Should I get a revision of my midface implants?

S

SurgerySoon

Diamond
So I had custom midface and chin implant surgery with Dr. Y back in March. Overall, I'm happy with the results, but I can't help but think that another 2-3 mm on the anterior and lateral portions of the midface implants would have made my face look even more chiseled.

I sent photos to Dr. Y and asked him if he would recommend doing a revision to add maybe 2 more mm to the implants, and he said he wouldn't do it. So I guess if I ever do want a revision, I'll have to go with Eppley or whoever else happens to be the go-to surgeon for male custom facial implants in the future. Otherwise, I might just consider touching up the implants with a small amount of filler after I've fixed everything else (eyes, jaw implant, etc.). But then again, the whole point of getting surgery was to not have to ever worry about paying for filler injections.

I had to work yesterday and took some new photos in the employee locker room/bathroom, which has lighting that seems to really bring out bone structure elements in photographs. I've linked to those photos below:

There's no frauding of any kind in those photos (I.e., no puckering my lips, not dropping my jaw, etc.). I say this because in most of the "before" photos I posted in which people said I didn't look "that bad," I was frauding to make the cheeks look more defined/hollowed-out. If you notice, in the last three photos, the midface definition isn't nearly as noticeable; I included those on purpose to show you just how much of a difference lighting makes in bringing out the structural changes imparted by the implants.

Here are a few other random photos I've taken in different lighting conditions. I specifically took the photos of my reflection in the car window because I think they do a good job of depicting the degree of comprehensive midface augmentation I got from the implants -- not just in the malar area, but under the eyes as well (notice the sharp creases under the eyes, which are created by ridges on the implants). You can also see the squareness of the chin pretty well. Dr. Y said he basically tried to design the implants to create the illusion of my whole midface being more forward-grown, since I have/had (in his words) "midface retraction." However, notice how the results look much more subtle in the last photo, which was included to give you an idea (again) of just how much of a difference the type of lighting makes. I'm clenching my masseters in this photo as well. The next-to-last photo was taken in front of the same mirror but about 10 feet further back; the reason it looks so blurry is because I had to zoom in really close on my phone's camera. Link below:

What do you guys think? Should I consider a revision?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: RAITEIII, draco, Mansnob and 1 other person
does it hurt, i mean your both implants ? can you ever do boxing, or getting punched in the face for the rest of your life or you'll have big issues ?

As of right now imo you should try your jaw implant, then see if a revision is needed.

Ur cheekbones look above average

• +1
Reactions: WeAreBoundless, Mansnob and SurgerySoon
change your hairstyle tbh, do you wear it like that all the time?

you have thick hair and a good hairline, you could improve it a lot

i don't think you can add more to your midface without ruining your harmony and making it look obvious you've had work done tbh

imo your eye area is the biggest flaw, vertically large and weak undereye support. Your eyes are looking down in every picture though so it's hard to judge

Attachments

• 1568654263272.png
    1568654263272.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 155
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: WeAreBoundless, try2beme, Deleted member 2632 and 2 others
Not to be rude but you're way past the point of "healthy obsession" with looks. You're objectively above average for your age bracket, focus your efforts on everythingelsemaxxing.

• +1
Reactions: WeAreBoundless, TylerDurden, ScramFranklin and 2 others
Looks good, I wouldn’t touch them due to the possibility of them coming out worse then the current considering how they already look good

• +1
Reactions: Usum, Mansnob, Deleted member 2846 and 1 other person
View attachment 113726

i don't think you can add more to your midface without ruining your harmony and making it look obvious you've had work done tbh

imo your eye area is the biggest flaw, vertically large and weak undereye support. Your eyes are looking down in every picture though so it's hard to judge

aren't cheekbones implants supposed to helps the undereye support ? how can he has bad UES when having cheekbones implants ?

Not to be rude but you're way past the point of "healthy obsession" with looks. You're objectively above average for your age bracket, focus your efforts on everythingelsemaxxing.

guy brings nothing to the table except some rusty implants and wonders why he is repulsive to women

• JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 7823, Ammonia Clouds and Pendejo
@streege @Vitruvian I just realized that I linked to the same set of photos twice; I corrected my original post by adding the correct link. I'll post it below as well:

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
aren't cheekbones implants supposed to helps the undereye support ? how can he has bad UES when having cheekbones implants ?
are you trying to tell me this isn't bad undereye support?

• +1
@streege @Vitruvian I just realized that I linked to the same set of photos twice; I corrected my original post by adding the correct link. I'll post it below as well:

why in the pics 5 and 6 both your eyes and cheekbones looks so bad? Do you know why ?

just arnold shawtznigger max

are you trying to tell me this isn't bad undereye support?

i don't know much about undereye support. My point is : Aren't cheekbones implants supposed to help the undereye support ?
Otherwise, which surgery is good for undereye support then ?

i don't know much about undereye support. My point is : Aren't cheekbones implants supposed to help the undereye support ?
Otherwise, which surgery is good for undereye support then ?
so i believe it's caused by a recessed maxilla so the solution for the underlying problem would be some kind of lefort surgery, but that's rather extreme and probably shouldn't be done unless you're deformed. A more palatable solution is a canthopexy, some surgeons (taban) combine this with a undereye implant as well which should make someones eye area more vertically narrow

idk much about any of the surgeries i've mentioned apart from surface level knowledge ngl, someone might have a different solution

• +1
does it hurt, i mean your both implants ? can you ever do boxing, or getting punched in the face for the rest of your life or you'll have big issues ?

As of right now imo you should try your jaw implant, then see if a revision is needed.
they are, but i don't like his chin tbh
why in the pics 5 and 6 both your eyes and cheekbones looks so bad? Do you know why ?

@streege To answer your questions -- I'm not sure about boxing; I didn't ask my surgeon about boxing/MMA since I don't think I'll ever be interested in those kinds of activities (unless someone tries to whoop my ass). To answer your questions about why my eye area looks so shitty, it's because I have prominent eyes (16 mm of protrusion of the left eye, 19 mm protrusion of the right eye) and a natural lack of soft tissue support under my eyes. I'm going to Taban (hopefully in December or January) to have my eye are completely overhauled.

I'm not sure why I look bad in photos 5 and 6 -- maybe it's the lighting? I agree that my eyes look shitty, but I didn't think the cheeks looked that bad in those photos. Just curious, why don't you like the chin implant?
so i believe it's caused by a recessed maxilla so the solution for the underlying problem would be some kind of lefort surgery, but that's rather extreme and probably shouldn't be done unless you're deformed. A more palatable solution is a canthopexy, some surgeons (taban) combine this with a undereye implant as well which should make someones eye area more vertically narrow

idk much about any of the surgeries i've mentioned apart from surface level knowledge ngl, someone might have a different solution

Dr. Y designed my implants to have an infraorbital rim component (so I don't have the negative vector orbit like I used to have), but in order to get more undereye support I will need to undergo orbital decompression, lower eyelid retraction surgery w/ spacer grafts, and lateral canthoplasty. I'm hoping to be able to get these procedures done with Taban in December/January.
guy brings nothing to the table except some rusty implants and wonders why he is repulsive to women

What do you mean by "brings nothing to the table?" You mean in terms of looks still not being on point (especially eye area, obviously), or are you referring to personality, "game," etc.?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Joe_blk, Scarface, Nobody96 and 2 others
@streege To answer your questions -- I'm not sure about boxing; I didn't ask my surgeon about boxing/MMA since I don't think I'll ever be interested in those kinds of activities (unless someone tries to whoop my ass). To answer your questions about why my eye area looks so shitty, it's because I have prominent eyes (16 mm of protrusion of the left eye, 19 mm protrusion of the right eye) and a natural lack of soft tissue support under my eyes. I'm going to Taban (hopefully in December or January) to have my eye are completely overhauled.

I'm not sure why I look bad in photos 5 and 6 -- maybe it's the lighting? I agree that my eyes look shitty, but I didn't think the cheeks looked that bad in those photos. Just curious, why don't you like the chin implant?
i see that's the best thing to do.
Aren't your implants ever hurts you, in any circumstances ? do you "feel" them, or you can live without even knowing that you have implant?

Tbh about the chin, i don't know but it looks odd. Imo it's due to the facial fat in this area which looks like dropping down. Do you know why? Since the rest of your face is not dropping down.

View attachment 113726

You're right, I need a better hairstyle. The reason I have just been letting it grow out is because I'm finishing my final year of graduate school, so most of my time is split between doing a required unpaid internship for school and working part-time at my job (plus going to the gym, running, etc.). When I'm done with school and am able to move to a bigger city with more nightlife (bars, clubs, etc.), I'm going to get a much more attractive hairstyle. I just haven't done anything with it up to this point because I don't really have time to do much social stuff (I live in a shitty town as well that doesn't really have any legit nightclubs and only ghetto/trashy bars).

I agree that my eye area is my biggest flaw and I'm hoping to have it overhauled with Taban in December or January.

@belnar93 I will tell you, but if you had to take a guess, how old do you think I am?
i see that's the best thing to do.
Aren't your implants ever hurts you, in any circumstances ? do you "feel" them, or you can live without even knowing that you have implant?

Tbh about the chin, i don't know but it looks odd. Imo it's due to the facial fat in this area which looks like dropping down. Do you know why? Since the rest of your face is not dropping down.

@streege The implants don't hurt, but every few weeks they feel kind of tight for a few days, but then the tightness goes away. I was told that this is the scar tissue capsule forming around the implants. The scar tissue capsule forms during the first year following facial implant surgery. Otherwise, I don't really feel the implants and they don't restrict movement of facial muscles.

I didn't notice that I had sagging facial fat next to my chin. Maybe it's just the lighting? Or could it be caused by my jawline being kind of steep? IDK

Thanks; I realize that other factors besides looks are important when it comes to attractiveness, but I really want to do whatever I can to become as attractive as possible.

Last edited:
can you link/post your ct scan images? also i wouldnt do a revision, i would just stick to going to taban

• +1
Reactions: Sal123 and Deleted member 2205
People with more than 4 braincells, how is OP's ogee curve? rate it on a scale of 1-10

can you link/post your ct scan images? also i wouldnt do a revision, i would just stick to going to taban

@crosshold Sure, here you go:

I only had the chin portion of the wraparound jaw implant placed but am planning on going back to have the rest of the jaw implant placed, as I think I'd benefit from lowering my gonial angles and from having sharper/straighter ramus bodies on both sides.
Holy f*cking shit -- this is what my midface and chin looked like back in March 2018. And the really sad thing is, I'm actually to fraud here by doing a duckface to try to make my midface look more projected:

Last edited:
  • Woah
Your zygos are perfect, theres no need to revise them lol

also keep the hairstyle, it makes you look young

you look very good for your age.

@crosshold Sure, here you go:

I only had the chin portion of the wraparound jaw implant placed but am planning on going back to have the rest of the jaw implant placed, as I think I'd benefit from lowering my gonial angles and from having sharper/straighter ramus bodies on both sides.
Holy f*cking shit -- this is what my midface and chin looked like back in March 2018. And the really sad thing is, I'm actually to fraud here by doing a duckface to try to make my midface look more projected:

what did you do to have a shorten/compact midface ?

M4qYLLO.png

you kinda look like bruce wayne with more PCT, fuckkk jealous of your ascension ngl

• +1
Reactions: Joe_blk
lens distortion. He has nuetral tilt.

• +1
what did you do to have a shorten/compact midface ?

Nothing that I'm aware of... maybe it's just the camera angle in the old photo that makes my face look longer?
Your zygos are perfect, theres no need to revise them lol

also keep the hairstyle, it makes you look young

you look very good for your age.

Thanks, hopefully I can keep aging relatively well as compared to most white people. Nowadays I'm putting just as much effort into collagenmaxxing (Retin-A, red light therapy, going to start dermarolling soon, etc.) as surgerymaxxing, since it's probably pointless to get surgeries to improve my looks but still look like some washed-up oldcel who creeps girls out. I need to age like Jared Leto or rope.
M4qYLLO.png

you kinda look like bruce wayne with more PCT, fuckkk jealous of your ascension ngl

You morphed my eye area in that photo, right? Because I was about to say, I definitely don't have PCT lol.

I wouldn't be too jealous... I still basically get zero attention from women. I guess that their standards are so high nowadays thanks to Tinder and other hookup apps that even 4/10's are refusing to settle for anything less than PSL 7.5 male models.
lens distortion. He has nuetral tilt.

Are you sure? Dr. Taban and Dr. Yaremchuk both think I have NCT, and they both recommended lateral canthoplasty (along with other procedures -- lower eyelid retraction surgery with spacer grafts and orbital decompression).

Last edited:
  • +1
Nothing that I'm aware of... maybe it's just the camera angle in the old photo that makes my face look longer?

Thanks, hopefully I can keep aging relatively well as compared to most white people. Nowadays I'm putting just as much effort into collagenmaxxing (Retin-A, red light therapy, going to start dermarolling soon, etc.) as surgerymaxxing, since it's probably pointless to get surgeries to improve my looks but still look like some washed-up oldcel who creeps girls out.

You morphed my eye area in that photo, right? Because I was about to say, I definitely don't have PCT lol.

I wouldn't be too jealous... I still basically get zero attention from women. I guess that their standards are so high nowadays thanks to Tinder and other hookup apps that even 4/10's are refusing to settle for anything less than PSL 7.5 male models.

Are you sure? Dr. Taban and Dr. Yaremchuk both think I have NCT, and they both recommended lateral canthoplasty (along with other procedures -- lower eyelid retraction surgery with spacer grafts and orbital decompression).

I morphed ur eye area n gave u more pct in tht photo ya which was wht i was referring to

anyway, im pretty conifdent you should be able to slay girls in there early-mid twenties via tinder post eye area overhaul , you look sub 30 tbh. I would run tinder game after ur eye area overhaul, you shouldnt be having problems getting matches if your surgery goes well.

Instead of looking into revisional surgery, I would look into getting Veneers tbh, its super underrated on PSL but the downside is that its expensive af.

You're a good looking mofo, no homo.

• +1
Reactions: Cleftcel
I morphed ur eye area n gave u more pct in tht photo ya which was wht i was referring to

anyway, im pretty conifdent you should be able to slay girls in there early-mid twenties via tinder post eye area overhaul , you look sub 30 tbh. I would run tinder game after ur eye area overhaul, you shouldnt be having problems getting matches if your surgery goes well.

Instead of looking into revisional surgery, I would look into getting Veneers tbh, its super underrated on PSL but the downside is that its expensive af.

Thanks; I just need to get the finances together for my eye area overhaul with Taban and I should be G2G. I hope I can get approved for more credit cards in a few months so that I can have a way to pay for the surgery since I'm still in graduate school. Considering my age, I really don't have much more time to waste since I'm not sure how effective my collagenmaxxing efforts will actually be.
You're a good looking mofo, no homo.

I appreciate it, but the eye area and lack of bad-boy appeal as well as non-NT brain chemistry are holding me back.

So I had custom midface and chin implant surgery with Dr. Y back in March. Overall, I'm happy with the results, but I can't help but think that another 2-3 mm on the anterior and lateral portions of the midface implants would have made my face look even more chiseled.

I sent photos to Dr. Y and asked him if he would recommend doing a revision to add maybe 2 more mm to the implants, and he said he wouldn't do it. So I guess if I ever do want a revision, I'll have to go with Eppley or whoever else happens to be the go-to surgeon for male custom facial implants in the future. Otherwise, I might just consider touching up the implants with a small amount of filler after I've fixed everything else (eyes, jaw implant, etc.). But then again, the whole point of getting surgery was to not have to ever worry about paying for filler injections.

I had to work yesterday and took some new photos in the employee locker room/bathroom, which has lighting that seems to really bring out bone structure elements in photographs. I've linked to those photos below:

There's no frauding of any kind in those photos (I.e., no puckering my lips, not dropping my jaw, etc.). I say this because in most of the "before" photos I posted in which people said I didn't look "that bad," I was frauding to make the cheeks look more defined/hollowed-out. If you notice, in the last three photos, the midface definition isn't nearly as noticeable; I included those on purpose to show you just how much of a difference lighting makes in bringing out the structural changes imparted by the implants.

Here are a few other random photos I've taken in different lighting conditions. I specifically took the photos of my reflection in the car window because I think they do a good job of depicting the degree of comprehensive midface augmentation I got from the implants -- not just in the malar area, but under the eyes as well (notice the sharp creases under the eyes, which are created by ridges on the implants). You can also see the squareness of the chin pretty well. Dr. Y said he basically tried to design the implants to create the illusion of my whole midface being more forward-grown, since I have/had (in his words) "midface retraction." However, notice how the results look much more subtle in the last photo, which was included to give you an idea (again) of just how much of a difference the type of lighting makes. I'm clenching my masseters in this photo as well. The next-to-last photo was taken in front of the same mirror but about 10 feet further back; the reason it looks so blurry is because I had to zoom in really close on my phone's camera. Link below:

What do you guys think? Should I consider a revision?

What is a custom midface implant.

I think adding any more would make you look uncanny valley tbh, they are fine. fix your eye area stop worrying about the zygos.

curious why he didn't increase the vertical height of the infraorbital rim part of the implant though.

mine which is in a weeks time is quite high compared to your designs

Screen Shot 2019 08 30 at 001617

• +1
Reactions: medialcanthuscel
I think adding any more would make you look uncanny valley tbh, they are fine. fix your eye area stop worrying about the zygos.

curious why he didn't increase the vertical height of the infraorbital rim part of the implant though.

mine which is in a weeks time is quite high compared to your designs

View attachment 114319

TBH I don't think he has started designing his implants to have elevated infraorbital rims yet. I think Eppley is the first surgeon to design implants with that feature. However, my eyes bulge out more than most people's, so I'm not sure if he would've been able to raise the lower lids much without bumping into the eyeballs themselves.

i have been following you since first time you posted on lookism but haven't seen these latest pics. holy shit implants look so good especially for undereye support.. i need em

• +1
Reactions: SurgerySoon
i have been following you since first time you posted on lookism but haven't seen these latest pics. holy shit implants look so good especially for undereye support.. i need em

Thanks. Yeah, the orbital rim components of the implants are good for reducing negative vector orbit, but in my case, I'll also need eye surgeries to lift the lower lids, make my eyes less bulgy, and give my eyes PCT.

you're 32?

no point in surgery. you will get agepilled to oblivion in about 3 years.
should had done this 10 years ago

focus on starting a family

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Ammonia Clouds
you're 32?

no point in surgery. you will get agepilled to oblivion in about 3 years.
should had done this 10 years ago

focus on starting a family

Getting married and starting a family is not something I'm interested in. Why do you say that the agepill will hit me hard in about 3 years? Is 3 years when things usually really go to shit for most/all males? Have studies been done on this sort of thing?

Last night when I was at the gym, I took a few photos of my face out on the gym floor as well as in the locker room since both areas have slightly different forms of lighting that help to depict how the implants look in various lighting settings. Also, since a few people have asked me for an in-motion video of my face, I filmed myself in front of the mirror out on the gym floor and uploaded it as a GIF (it's at the very bottom). I usually don't let my hair grow out that long, but I've been pretty busy so I just got around to getting a haircut earlier today.

So you guys don't think that (based on viewing these photos as well as the video) just another mm or two of additional forward projection would look good? Maybe I'm just being too nitpicky here... or maybe I'm simply one of those neurotic plastic surgery patients who will never be truly satisfied with how they look.

Also, in the video, I clench my masseter muscles during the last few seconds of it to give a "preview" of what additional width from the jaw implants I had designed for me might look like (obviously, I'm not able to simulate what it would look like to have lower jaw angles). Don't you guys agree that the extra jaw angle width adds more hollowing to my cheeks and makes my face look more defined in general?

... But yeah, I get that at this point, my most subhuman, must-fix "feature" is my eye area.

@Amnesia @Rimcel @streege @ZUZZCEL @facemaxxed

• +1

giphy.gif

• JFL
Reactions: Ammonia Clouds
Last night when I was at the gym, I took a few photos of my face out on the gym floor as well as in the locker room since both areas have slightly different forms of lighting that help to depict how the implants look in various lighting settings. Also, since a few people have asked me for an in-motion video of my face, I filmed myself in front of the mirror out on the gym floor and uploaded it as a GIF (it's at the very bottom). I usually don't let my hair grow out that long, but I've been pretty busy so I just got around to getting a haircut earlier today.

So you guys don't think that (based on viewing these photos as well as the video) just another mm or two of additional forward projection would look good? Maybe I'm just being too nitpicky here... or maybe I'm simply one of those neurotic plastic surgery patients who will never be truly satisfied with how they look.

Also, in the video, I clench my masseter muscles during the last few seconds of it to give a "preview" of what additional width from the jaw implants I had designed for me might look like (obviously, I'm not able to simulate what it would look like to have lower jaw angles). Don't you guys agree that the extra jaw angle width adds more hollowing to my cheeks and makes my face look more defined in general?

... But yeah, I get that at this point, my most subhuman, must-fix "feature" is my eye area.

YOU MUST get ASAP these jaw implants tbh.stop thinking about cheekbones as of now, since they are very well above average. try to fix your flaws first. And RN you need jaw implants, even more than fixing eye area, bc you can squint during this time, but a lower third, women see it miles away. and you jaw is really narrow overall.

• +1
YOU MUST get ASAP these jaw implants tbh.

I agree! Everyone thinks they'll just make my head look blocky, but as you can see, they help bring out the definition of the midface implants.

• Love it

They are good. Focus on something else now.

• +1
Reactions: SurgerySoon and justanothergymcell
Your eyes look almost unnerving, especially at close range. You also look kind of like a dad in these pictures. I think it's the combination of the shirt and hairstyle.

• +1
Reactions: Ammonia Clouds and Deleted member 2846
I agree! Everyone thinks they'll just make my head look blocky, but as you can see, they help bring out the definition of the midface implants.
exactly what i though : rn your face seems a little bit unbalanced tbh : little masseters and huge zygos, it's not fitting well.

• +1
@cocainecowboy What is that gif in response to? The eye area being subhuman? Midface implants looking uncanny? Criticism is appreciated but be more specific please...
your eye area is super bad

it should be your #1 focus. it failos everything else basically

• +1
Reactions: SurgerySoon, Deleted member 3043 and justanothergymcell

for his age it's not that bad and you can fraud it. You can't fraud an unbalanced 2nd/3rd third.if i was him i will do the jaw implants first + the eye surgeries will be done under local anesthesia, and the healing will be shorter so doing the hardest ones first is better imo.

Zygos look perfect tbh, bringing down your gonial angle should make your face much more defined.

also lol @ saying he needs jaw implants over eye work.

• +1
Reactions: justanothergymcell

I agree wholeheartedly. If my work/school schedule and financial situation are accommodating, I should be going to Taban within the next 4-5 months to overhaul my entire eye area. When I showed him a morph of the eye area I'm shooting for, he told me that he could get me pretty close (~80% to be realistic but possibly even closer) but that the changes would be so dramatic that they would provoke an identity crisis in many patients. That was exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to hear.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: lookserumaxeru, ZUZZCEL, Deleted member 3043 and 1 other person
Zygos look perfect tbh, bringing down your gonial angle should make your face much more defined.

also lol @ saying he needs jaw implants over eye work.
I know. I am gonna mute streege now. Confirmed horrible advice giver.

• JFL
Reactions: SHARK