Should I get an MSE before Bimax?

Would I benefit from a MSE?

• Total voters
Nims

Nims

👉👈
So I plan on getting a Bimax however a few people have told me that I have a narrow palate.

Would I benefit from an MSE? (UKCels help me out here a bit as I got no idea where I would go for an MSE, I can go abroad but how would they adjust the MSE?).

If I would benefit significantly from an MSE should I get it before or after my Bimax?

Here is a thread with a picture of my palate. My palate is like 10-20% smaller than the floor of my mouth (where my tongue goes if mouth is wide open).

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member
Get SARPE first, MSE makes you asymmetric.

• +1
Reactions: Nims and ChristianChad
Also you can’t get SARPE after bimax it has to be SARPE first.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21192, Nims and ChristianChad
Problem is with SARPE there isn't an increase in bizygomatic width which has a chance to occur with MSE if all the maxillary sutures are successfully opened.
So because your palate is larger now, it makes it harder to have hollow cheeks because of the way a wider palate affects soft tissue

OP you should get a scan of your skull and see if you have current assymtries, as MSE may only exacerbate them. If you don't have assymtries I think MSE could be a safe option. Although I don't know, maybe it can create assymtries from nothing

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and Nims
SARPE still gives asymetry...

Or rather exacerbates it, if you already have it.

• +1
Reactions: Nims
SARPE still gives asymetry...

Or rather exacerbates it, if you already have it.
There is lefort 1 cut and midpalatal suture split therefore less asymmetry as even lengthening either side. MSE just goes towards whatever side is weaker and can even be 80-20 making you look like a retard.
Problem is with SARPE there isn't an increase in bizygomatic width which has a chance to occur with MSE if all the maxillary sutures are successfully opened.
So because your palate is larger now, it makes it harder to have hollow cheeks because of the way a wider palate affects soft tissue

OP you should get a scan of your skull and see if you have current assymtries, as MSE may only exacerbate them. If you don't have assymtries I think MSE could be a safe option. Although I don't know, maybe it can create assymtries from nothing
MSE always creates asymmetries as it goes to the weaker side which is right or left.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and ChristianChad
I've never heard of a SARPE What exactly is it?

So I would get a SARPE then Bimax? Or would I get SARPE, MSE, then Bimax?

How much do SARPEs cost?
How long do SARPE take?
Are SARPEs more available than MSE? I've been having a lot of difficulties finding someone willing to do an MSE in the UK, would it be easier with a SARPE or do you think I would need to travel?

I think an increase in bizygomatic width would be ideal for me tbh as my face isn't very angular, that would make my zygos more dominant right?

I did actually get a scan done last week. I'm still waiting for my Orth to email me them He has sent me my OPG and Bitewing but hasn't sent me the Cbct / Celp yet.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
I've never heard of a SARPE What exactly is it?

So I would get a SARPE then Bimax? Or would I get SARPE, MSE, then Bimax?

How much do SARPEs cost?
How long do SARPE take?
Are SARPEs more available than MSE? I've been having a lot of difficulties finding someone willing to do an MSE in the UK, would it be easier with a SARPE or do you think I would need to travel?

I think an increase in bizygomatic width would be ideal for me tbh as my face isn't very angular, that would make my zygos more dominant right?

I did actually get a scan done last week. I'm still waiting for my Orth to email me them He has sent me my OPG and Bitewing but hasn't sent me the Cbct / Celp yet.
No one does MSE in UK. They are all do SARPE. SARPE is just mse with lefort cut for more symmetry.

• Woah
No one does MSE in UK. They are all do SARPE. SARPE is just mse with lefort cut for more symmetry.
Any idea how much Sarpe might cost?

What should I get as a 15 y/o (bone age: 12-13 y/o)? :unsure:
10 mm expansion possible with Bioblock at any age Preferably over MSE   John Mew

Last edited:
  • Woah
In UK something like £3,000-3,500
£2500-3000
Wow that's quite good, Would I require braces, Any idea on how long it would take, would 1 year be too short of a time span if I could get it done within 1 year I could probably get it done then get my Bimax.

Although Actually I would probably be required to get new Celph after the Sarpe and might require other stuff so that might delay it a bit.

I just measured my molar distance 37mm that's quite shit right?

Did you just dox yourself Dan? Dw I forgot Danielle is a girls name:feelskek:.
No haha, I got the SS from an Orthotropics discord.

• +1
Wow that's quite good, Would I require braces, Any idea on how long it would take, would 1 year be too short of a time span if I could get it done within 1 year I could probably get it done then get my Bimax.

Although Actually I would probably be required to get new Celph after the Sarpe and might require other stuff so that might delay it a bit.

I just measured my molar distance 37mm that's quite shit right?
Not as narrow as I thought, did you measure your intermolar width from molar-to-molar (from the most gingival point of both molars)? :unsure: The norm is in 40-50s.

I think I did it right?

I just messured the distance between my most far back molars with some scissors, its more like 35-36 actually after remeasuring.
View attachment 1832258
For an optimal and an accurate result: take a strip of modeling clay, dough or gum and stick it gently over your entire palate and upper teeth (bite!). Then measure the intermolar width on the Print with a digital caliper.

What should I get as a 15 y/o (bone age: 12-13 y/o)? :unsure:
View attachment 1832206
Do you guys think it would better to get an EASE instead of SARPE, as SARPE wouldn't give be cheekbone advancement. It would be ideal for me to get advancement on my cheekbones.

Any of you boyos know how I might go about getting EASE? IK its quite a rare surgery, I don't mind traveling tho.

No one does MSE in UK. They are all do SARPE.
Any idea why? Is real MSE only available in very limited places around the world?
SARPE is just mse with lefort cut for more symmetry.
What do you think about corticopuncture facilitated MSE? They "loosen" the maxillary sutures.

Do you guys think it would better to get an EASE instead of SARPE, as SARPE wouldn't give be cheekbone advancement. It would be ideal for me to get advancement on my cheekbones.

Any of you boyos know how I might go about getting EASE? IK its quite a rare surgery, I don't mind traveling tho.
EASE is a type of SARPE

EASE is the best form of expansion. The only doctor I know of who provides it is Dr Kasey Li. Yes it will make cheekbones more prominent, but it is also the best form of expansion in terms of airway improvement. Also it is the least invasive.

EASE is the best form of expansion. The only doctor I know of who provides it is Dr Kasey Li. Yes it will make cheekbones more prominent, but it is also the best form of expansion in terms of airway improvement. Also it is the least invasive.
Any idea how much Dr K Li might charge?

Vomit GIFs | Tenor

Christ, that's more than my bimax and my implants compined.

I don't need it that bad.

Do you know of anyone else that does it cheaper?

Vomit GIFs | Tenor

Christ, that's more than my bimax and my implants compined.

I don't need it that bad.

Do you know of anyone else that does it cheaper?
unfortunately i don’t know anyone else who performs EASE

Alright no worries, Do you knoew how much recovery time would be required with something like an EASE? Would it be done in stages like an MSE? Where its the pressure is increased over time, Or would it be a one time thing?

Go slow and the risk is reduced.
? No you are completely wrong. It doesn’t matter how slow you go you will still get asymmetry.

I've found someone in germany that would charge 5k. Might get it tbh but have to see.

I've found someone in germany that would charge 5k. Might get it tbh but have to see.
Could you dm me the doctor

• +1
How long does EASE typically take?

After getting my CT scan back Im definitely getting a TPD expander to increase my maxillia and then get EASE to expand it more, its so fucking small. My bimax is going to have to be delayed :fuk:.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
crazy that i came on this site to make fun of people. But there are actual people that need help and are interested in going under general anesthesia

• +1
crazy that i came on this site to make fun of people. But there are actual people that need help and are interested in going under general anesthesia
Gotta ascend somehow buddy boyo, I've already went under anesthesia before it's really not a big deal.

I might start taking a pic of my face everysingle day actually I saw a yt video of some guy that did it from like 12-18 or something would be quite interesting actually to see how getting all my surgeries kinda shows in the video.

Dont forget that you will need mandibular expansion also after mse. So be prepared for another round of msdo+braces and a ton of pain + 10-20k.

Dont forget that you will need mandibular expansion also after mse. So be prepared for another round of msdo+braces and a ton of pain + 10-20k.
I dont think I will require any mandibular expansion my mandible is significantly bigger than my maxilla. It would seem pointless.

@feelgood
FFS. Won't offer me the surgery with TPD.
View attachment 1834851
fucking bluepilled surgeon doesn't want us to ascend, If you find anyone who offers EASE with TPD let me know man because I'm running out of time with uni starting soon I need to expand my maxilla so I can ideally get jaw surgery a year from now.

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel and Nims
link to discord?
I'll dm you it. (Its not a looksmaxxing discord so don't go saying a bunch of looksmaxxing stuff. I mean their are looksmaxxing users but its just a normal discord.)

any update on this doctor? Do they in fact perform EASE and how did you go about discovering who else other than Kasey Li offers EASE?

any update on this doctor? Do they in fact perform EASE and how did you go about discovering who else other than Kasey Li offers EASE?
They do offer EASE but they don't use a TPD, they only offer it done with an armless MSE.

It's discussed here:
Sure I've send of some emails I'll let you know if the respond and what they say.

I've been looking into
And spoke to a previous patient of theirs on discord and he paid 5k Euros. Not including MSE which probably cost 2-3k Euros.

• +1
Reactions: Luis
They do offer EASE but they don't use a TPD, they only offer it done with an armless MSE.

It's discussed here:
Thanks for your link christian, I'm reading your chat in that thread with Nims as this is a treatment ive been looking to do for a while, as I have rubbish nasal breahting which I also recently did a sleep test to prove - mild sleep apena/UARS.

TPD would be the name of the expander device, meanwhile EASE is the actual surgery which prepapres the face for the expansion with the device? So you're saying this Dr uses the EASE surgery but will only use the MSE expander rather than the TDP? I've not seen or read of the TDP before, this is my first time encounting this acronym and im unsure whats its name.

Is TDP the expander that Kasey Li uses? Does any others use that expander? I recall his treatment has much better anterior/posterior expansion, whereas MSE is assymetrical and doesnt expand as evenly anteriorly/posteriorly

Last edited:
  • +1
Thanks for your link christian, I'm reading your chat in that thread with Nims as this is a treatment ive been looking to do for a while, as I have rubbish nasal breahting which I also recently did a sleep test to prove - mild sleep apena/UARS.

TPD would be the name of the expander device, meanwhile EASE is the actual surgery which prepapres the face for the expansion with the device? So you're saying this Dr uses the EASE surgery but will only use the MSE expander rather than the TDP? I've not seen or read of the TDP before, this is my first time encounting this acronym and im unsure whats its name,
Yep, TPD is the name of the expansion device and EASE is the name of the technique of Surgical Assist.
TPD means Transpalatal Distractor.

Yes, basically this clinic only uses an Armless MSE device. In theory it could be done I think an Armless MSE is a very weak expander, a TPD would be much stronger.
Kasey Li uses a TPD.

• +1
Reactions: Luis