Should I get braces (15)

greenblue_eyes

greenblue_eyes

Iron
I have a pretty good face with green almond eyes. from the front I look like a htn. but my side view is trash due to my recessed chin. I think I have slight overbite. Should I just go ahead and get braces or should I wait?

Jaw
Ob

Idk, but invisalign is better.

No. The issue is that you have a badly recessed mandible which makes it look like you have an underbite. Getting braces will pull your maxilla back and make you look mega-recessed. Start mewing 24/7, eat hard foods and improve your posture.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
No. The issue is that you have a badly recessed mandible which makes it look like you have an underbite. Getting braces will pull your maxilla back and make you look mega-recessed. Start mewing 24/7, eat hard foods and improve your posture.
how do you know that though. all the before and afters ive seen make their jawline goe from recessed to normal

nvm you right. i aint getting braces. time to mew

nvm you right. i aint getting braces. time to mew
You need IMDO + braces. Mewing doesn't do jackshit other than prevent relapse after corrective surgery and/or braces. The only reason braces are bad is because of extractions and elastics. Even Mew has said that there is no evidence to support otherwise.

I'm wearing the Damon system right now which does not use elastics or perform extractions (if you have a good orthodontist). My mandible isn't as recessed as yours, so I just jut slightly until my overbite is fixed. You would need IMDO and then braces to fix the malocclusion and recession.

Better than BiMax as an adult 🤷‍♂️

• +1
Reactions: ungewist