Should I wear my retainer?

UltraExtremeIntense

UltraExtremeIntense

It’s time
I got my braces off 2 months ago and have been wearing them in evenings. I mew during the day at school properly. But when I wear the retainers I can't get my tongue on the tip. Is it halting my progress? If progress is stunted but still constant, I dont mind too much.

if i were you i would stop using them, just mew. the tongue is a retainer itself.

i have braces and i am worried they are halting growth. did you still have facial growth with braces? got them on a month ago.

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
if i were you i would stop using them, just mew. the tongue is a retainer itself.

i have braces and i am worried they are halting growth. did you still have facial growth with braces? got them on a month ago.
Braces are terrible and yes they hinder growth in puberty as well.

• +1
Reactions: mojopin
I recommend you maintain your retainers or risk your shit reverting back to its original form. I was born with a bad case of overbite so it's a must for me to keep wearing a retainer. Just see where it takes you. I have not completed my treatment in like 6-10 years fuck :(

Braces are terrible and yes they hinder growth in puberty as well.
Do you have sources to back this up?
If this is the truth, I'm happy I got my braces really late at the age of 18.

To OP: I would say you should wear the retainer. They will certainly move to their original position if you don't.

You shouldn’t wear the retainer, the tongue should stop your teeth shifting around. You don’t have all the time in the world for mewing. You won’t be able to use the retainer for long if your palate expands from mewing anyway.
Do you have sources to back this up?
If this is the truth, I'm happy I got my braces really late at the age of 18.

To OP: I would say you should wear the retainer. They will certainly move to their original position if you don't.
I don’t.

Wtf?! Leave them on you fucking retard, they're called "retainers" for a reason. If you don't wear them they will move back to the original position.

Wtf?! Leave them on you fucking retard, they're called "retainers" for a reason. If you don't wear them they will move back to the original position.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 466
My lower teeth got all retarded from cold turkey retainer stopping + improper mewing, but im 100% certain my maxilla looks SLIGHTLY better

Snapchat 2002615783

The teeth will only move back to their original position if there's no space between them. If there's no space between them, that means your face is improperly developed. I stopped wearing my retainers a while ago, just to test if I could begin sleeping without them and instead make sure to not mouthbreathe in my sleep. I'm pretty sure retainers set back mewing progress by quite a bit.

The reason why I chose to do this is because if mewing truly does work, it should expand the palate slightly, which will leave room for the teeth, meaning they won't be pushing onto each other anymore. If mewing truly works, then the teeth won't become crooked, as they will have enough space around them due to palatal expansion.

Thanks to the shitty band-aid solution of orthodontistry to pull out teeth, let the face continue to grow improperly, and then tell you to force your teeth to stay in position with retainers rather than to attempt to improve forward growth and thus create more space for the teeth, people are stuck wearing retainers their whole lives. I feel in 50 years, we'll be looking back on orthodontistry today as a travesty.

Also I hope you're not pushing your teeth with your tongue. The front of the tongue is supposed to slightly behind the front teeth, not at them. But maybe I misinterpreted it.

• +1
Reactions: mewcel_ and LooksJourney