Should I workout right now?

D

Deleted member 2846

Kraken
I need to get into a workout routine again. Need to start gymaxxing now that I’m in college again

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and Deleted member 2581
Definitely. Only reasons not to do it are health issues.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043, Deleted member 1464 and Deleted member 2846
no you should rope

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: Titbot and Deleted member 1464
theres no reason not to, if i was you i would find a routine which you can realistically stick to. theres no point trying to make a routine where you go to the gym everyday if you have college.
start off slow and find a balance between your education and working out

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and Deleted member 2581
theres no reason not to, if i was you i would find a routine which you can realistically stick to. theres no point trying to make a routine where you go to the gym everyday if you have college.
start off slow and find a balance between your education and working out
There is no point going to gym everday unless you have eg. Leg day ,hand day , back day routine

Yeah bro I'm about to go to the gym for the first time in a few months today, I've gained so much bf (skinny fat) recently probably due to inactive lifestyle. Someone posted a pic who is actually skinny but low bf and the difference between me and him is obvious.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and Deleted member 2581
Yes bro get aesthetic

people who don't gymcel regularly aren't actively trying to be more appealing to women, while calling themselves "looksmaxxers"

• +1
Reactions: Titbot, Deleted member 3043, WannaBeA6 and 1 other person
Yes bro get aesthetic
Can I realistically get some muscle from doing Muay Thai three times a week? On top of working out 2-3 times a week

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2581
people who don't gymcel regularly aren't actively trying to be more appealing to women, while calling themselves "looksmaxxers"
If you arent below/around 15% bodyfat or not trying to achieve that. You can't call yourself a looksmaxxer.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and Deleted member 3043
If you arent below/around 15% bodyfat or not trying to achieve that. You can't call yourself a looksmaxxer.
Certified Looksmaxxer :what::cool:

don't you need to be high bf to build muscle and only after that lose bf?

nah

if ur skinny-fat u can do recomp at maintenance kcal or slightly lower and build muscle without gaining any body fat

if ur legit skinny u can lean bulk and minimise fat gain that you can diet down later

if ur fat you basically can build muscle with being in caloric deficit

• +1
Can I realistically get some muscle from doing Muay Thai three times a week? On top of working out 2-3 times a week
Yeah you can there’s something called beginner gains

You can gain like 15-20 pounds of lean muscle in the first year quickly.

Then it goes down to ten the second year

5-8 third year

2-5 pounds 4th year

Like 1-2 pounds max 5th

After that you needs roids to get bigger but you probably don’t need it if your genuinely natty maxed

I’d ramp up the weight lifting to 3-5 times a week to make sure you can gain as fast as possible

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
You can be cutting and have a calorië deficiet yet still put on muscle/lose almost no muscle.

Its all about how much you are lifting and protein intake throughout the day.

• +1
OH and diet is extremely important watch your protein intake and calorie count

no you cant. even powerlifters who dont train for hypertrophy look small often and they're directly working weights. you need to do hypertrophy oriented weightlifting if you want to get bigger. progressive overload with increasing work capacity over time

Yeah you can there’s something called beginner gains

You can gain like 15-20 pounds of lean muscle in the first year quickly.

Then it goes down to ten the second year

5-8 third year

2-5 pounds 4th year

Like 1-2 pounds max 5th

After that you needs roids to get bigger but you probably don’t need it if your genuinely natty maxed

I’d ramp up the weight lifting to 3-5 times a week to make sure you can gain as fast as possible
Okay I like the sound of beginner gains. I just wanna keep my BF at what it is rn (10-12%) but also get muscle.
no you cant. even powerlifters who dont train for hypertrophy look small often and they're directly working weights. you need to do hypertrophy oriented weightlifting if you want to get bigger. progressive overload with increasing work capacity over time
@cocainecowboy I want a lean body tho. Something like this kinda:
D465B39E AE4C 406A 9A38 90CEF5A87896
when i used to work out, i progressively did more weight, i thought thats how
ur supposed to do it lol

Last edited:
  • +1
You can be cutting and have a calorië deficiet yet still put on muscle/lose almost no muscle.

Its all about how much you are lifting and protein intake throughout the day.
I see, I'm taking the necessary protein through the day, but what do you mean by how much I'm lifting?
if ur skinny-fat u can do recomp at maintenance kcal or slightly lower and build muscle without gaining any body fat
interesting, hope it's legit, basically what I'm doing

No workout for orbitals

@cocainecowboy I want a lean body tho. Something like this kinda:
View attachment 136933when i used to work out, i progressively did more weight, i thought thats how
ur supposed to do it lol
its a lifestyle thing. gymcel lifestyle basically. u go to the gym regularly, educate yourself on nutrition, weight lifting techniques, excercise programming and you get bigger, stronger, leaner over time

if u dont use muscles they're gonna atrophy, but micronuclei cells remain within the muscle so if you use it again the body rebuilds it way faster. so what you gain naturally in one way is yours "forever".

• +1
Reactions: prgfromnl, Kade and Deleted member 2846
its a lifestyle thing. gymcel lifestyle basically. u go to the gym regularly, educate yourself on nutrition, weight lifting techniques, excercise programming and you get bigger, stronger, leaner over time

if u dont use muscles they're gonna atrophy, but micronuclei cells remain within the muscle so if you use it again the body rebuilds it way faster. so what you gain naturally in one way is yours "forever".
so i can get back the muscle i lost a year ago. bc the last time i had a gym routine was a year ago this month

so i can get back the muscle i lost a year ago. bc the last time i had a gym routine was a year ago this month
yes. you dont want to gain fat (or just temporarily) but you want to be as girthy as possible (from lean muscles) to maximise sex appeal IRL

its just another multiplier to face as height, frame and other things are

face = static value based on aesthetics
everything else = multiplier, aka dynamic value

the better your face is, the bigger height, body, frame and other things may halo you ("fashion" is multiplier too for example, just weaker)

multipliers are irrelevant for people under 4 psl cuz their base "static" value is so low that they don't benefit from anything. all their problem is just their face. you want ur absolute value to be higher than your competition, you dont need it to be infinite so people with high enough static value (their face) dont need any multipliers cuz their absolute value is still higher than the competition, but people in the 4-6 psl range are absolutely reliant on these multiplier to rise above competition

• +1
Reactions: WannaBeA6, Framletgod and Deleted member 2846
yes bro try out push pull leg split probably the best split I had till now

yes. you dont want to gain fat (or just temporarily) but you want to be as girthy as possible (from lean muscles) to maximise sex appeal IRL

its just another multiplier to face as height, frame and other things are

face = static value based on aesthetics
everything else = multiplier, aka dynamic value

the better your face is, the bigger height, body, frame and other things may halo you ("fashion" is multiplier too for example, just weaker)

multipliers are irrelevant for people under 4 psl cuz their base "static" value is so low that they don't benefit from anything. all their problem is just their face. you want ur absolute value to be higher than your competition, you dont need it to be infinite so people with high enough static value (their face) dont need any multipliers cuz their absolute value is still higher than the competition, but people in the 4-6 psl range are absolutely reliant on these multiplier to rise above competition
well good thing it’s nearly impossible for me to gain fat