Shoulder Widening 2020 State-Of-The-Art Review and Comparison (DO vs. Bone Graft vs. Sliding Clavicle Osteotomy vs. Alloplastic)

that is fucking insane
it would be awesome if they could straighten out the clavicles and change the scapula insertion and make that wider. massive halo. hopefully surgery becomes a lot more advanced in the next couple of years

How? Doesn't the scapula stay in the same place?

No. The scapula moves out.

What effect does this have on the chest from the front? Does the muscle look more flared out at the upper chest, like this effect?
fda3ca09412b916dcb1d12b253f822d7.gif

(morph which moves, click image to see movements)

Yes because the muscle insertion is being moved out. The ability/inability of these muscles to stretch is what limits the maximum amount of movement which is probably around 2cm on each side.

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets, wagbox, Ijustwannafuckbitche and 1 other person
Thing is that the most important thing for clavicles are the scapula shape, not width alone

• +1
Reactions: mogstar
Lifefuel for me I just need some gym to achieve that

this would be great, but sadly it won't do this
RealSurgerymax just said it does move the upper chest insertion out, as well as scapula, life-fuel.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
can interposition bone grafts and sliding osteotomy be combined( perhaps the 2nd surgery at a later date), or can you do either surgery 2 times since DO is kinna impossible to get

can interposition bone grafts and sliding osteotomy be combined( perhaps the 2nd surgery at a later date), or can you do either surgery 2 times since DO is kinna impossible to get

Yes you might be able to that would have to be reassessed after you have recovered from your first. If you have even some minor ROM or Pain complaints then probably not

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
Yes you might be able to that would have to be reassessed after you have recovered from your first. If you have even some minor ROM or Pain complaints then probably not
ROM= range of motion? if yes, then yeah ofc function is utmost important. what use is good frame if i cant even put my hands on the wheel

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
@RealSurgerymax
This is a really helpful thread, thanks. Lots of food for thought. What is recuperation like for these surgeries? Let's say a week, a fortnight, a month, 2 months etc after? So after a week, are you able to move your arms etc? How long before you can raise your arms above your head?

Paley against D.O. on clavicles

No clavicle for your face

Also with sliding clavicle lengthening you make that bones a lot thinner. I wouldn't get CL if i'm not a true claviclecel.

• +1
Reactions: joseph

View attachment 1871187

Also with sliding clavicle lengthening you make that bones a lot thinner. I wouldn't get CL if i'm not a true claviclecel.
If Paley says it, his opinion holds more weight than all the Limb Lengthening surgeons from Europe combined. Did you email him/source?

• +1
If Paley says it, his opinion holds more weight than all the Limb Lengthening surgeons from Europe combined. Did you email him/source?
nope, it's taken from his website.

• +1

View attachment 1871187

@RealSurgerymax

Dr Paley, the best LL surgeon says clavicle lengthening isn’t safe. Meanwhile Dr Rodgers offers it. So who’s right?

@RealSurgerymax

Dr Paley, the best LL surgeon says clavicle lengthening isn’t safe. Meanwhile Dr Rodgers offers it. So who’s right?
Paley is against clavicle lengthening with distraction osteogenesis according to @randomvanish

Also Paley is an orthopedic surgeon, and experienced doing distraction osteogenesis, Rogers is a plastic surgeon if I'm not mistaken.

@RealSurgerymax

Paley is against clavicle lengthening with distraction osteogenesis according to @randomvanish

Also Paley is an orthopedic surgeon, and experienced doing distraction osteogenesis, Rogers is a plastic surgeon if I'm not mistaken.
yes , Paley against DO and do not perform sliding clavicle lenghtening. dr.rodgers is a plastic surgeon so he performs it.
also, Paley in general offer the safest option for his patients.
e.g., He doesn't exceed 5cm on tibias while in korea, germany, turkey, etc. go well beyond that.

View attachment 1871187

Also with sliding clavicle lengthening you make that bones a lot thinner. I wouldn't get CL if i'm not a true claviclecel

View attachment 1871187

define a true claviclecel. I have a bi-deltoid width of 15” and i’m around 5’7. I’m planning on lengthening to 5’9 or 10 which is would make my frame even worse.

define a true claviclecel. I have a bi-deltoid width of 15” and i’m around 5’7. I’m planning on lengthening to 5’9 or 10 which is would make my frame even worse.
I can't imagine you just by numbers you wrote. truecel to me ; having narrow, weird shoulders even after you gymmax for at least 1 year.

So would you consider getting clavicle lengthening surgery? Of course not DO and sliding clavicle lengthening.

I can't imagine you just by numbers you wrote. truecel to me ; having narrow, weird shoulders even after you gymmax for at least 1 year.
Also let’s be real here, frame is important but face and height is what truly matters. Frame comes afterwards.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
This is one of those things that sounds nice but it’s not worth the money, recovery, and potential complications.

I’d be ok with a 55-57cm bideltoid, maybe I can get there one day with roiding and plenty of shoulder work.

Pretty sure my only osteomy will be bimax.

Are you sure you are measuring correctly? A 15” bideltoid on is extremely small. For reference the ANSUR from 2012 had 1 male out of 4082 that had a similar measurement

Are you sure you are measuring correctly? A 15” bideltoid on is extremely small. For reference the ANSUR from 2012 had 1 male out of 4082 that had a similar measurement
i just re-measured and your suspension was correct. i’m around 17” (44cm) which isn’t bad but not ideal. Should i consider gymmaxxing?

i just re-measured and your suspension was correct. i’m around 17” (44cm) which isn’t bad but not ideal. Should i consider gymmaxxing?
Yes, everyone looks better with a bit of muscle. Most likely it won’t be a ground breaking ascension but neither will any of the surgeries in this thread.

Yes, everyone looks better with a bit of muscle. Most likely it won’t be a ground breaking ascension but neither will any of the surgeries in this thread.
The surgeries on this thread promise a increase of at least an inch on both shoulders. That’s would add up to 19” and some offer more. Assuming that you can workout after surgery that’s even more width to your frame. Do you have any recommendations for crazy ascension that is relatively healthy and isn’t me just injecting roids or having surgery?