Stationary Inversion vs Inverted Sit Ups (Heightmaxxing)

B

BatmanBegins

Iron
It's a question that's been bugging me for some time now.

Traditionally, we would inverse with or without added weights and just hang there for 15 minutes.

However, I came across this article about Sky's Lumbar Routine: http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/...-the-lumbar-routine-2004-from-easyheight-com/

How it works: By performing inverted sit-ups with weights, it’s believed that one can build bigger & leaner abdominal & core muscles and simultaneously thicken the cartilage discs in the spine. To safely and effectively thicken the muscle mass and cartilage discs in the spine, you need a routine that involves powerful pulling and stretching forces. Thus, by performing exercises while hanging upside down with weights, you’re taking advantage of 4 POWERFUL forces, i.e. gravity, motion, dumbbell weights, and your body weight.

Sky’s Lumbar Routine is very advanced and powerful because it is in fact kinetic inversion (caused by motion) such as performing inverted sit-ups. This routine is far more effective than other traditional inversion techniques (stationary inversion) such as hanging upside down motionless while holding weights for 15 minutes.
Basically, it advocates inverted sit-ups over stationary inversion because it believes that inverted sit-ups can thicken the spinal disks permanently.

I am just not sure if that's true. It's very tiring to do a hundred of these sit-ups daily. It's not impossible that it might actually do more harm than good. Doing sit-ups requires you to contract your muscles. And contraction is generally the opposite of lengthen.

Let me know what you think, guys.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
It's a question that's been bugging me for some time now.

Traditionally, we would inverse with or without added weights and just hang there for 15 minutes.

However, I came across this article about Sky's Lumbar Routine: http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/...-the-lumbar-routine-2004-from-easyheight-com/

Basically, it advocates inverted sit-ups over stationary inversion because it believes that inverted sit-ups can thicken the spinal disks permanently.

I am just not sure if that's true. It's very tiring to do a hundred of these sit-ups daily. It's not impossible that it might actually do more harm than good. Doing sit-ups requires you to contract your muscles. And contraction is generally the opposite of lengthen.

Let me know what you think, guys.
the height increase you'll get from this will be negligible but eyy i guess every cm counts

BatmanBeginsIsOver

the height increase you'll get from this will be negligible but eyy i guess every cm counts

Every cm counts. I only aim for 2-4cm.

• +1
Reactions: ProAcktiv