Guide The Definitive Guide To Leanmaxing/Fat Loss

Cain

Cain

Banned
Time online
10d 19h 44m
harrys said:
The metabolism eventually adjusts to a point where the calories you're eating to lose weight become the calories needed to maintain your weight which is why once you stop losing weight on those calories you decrease them per usual. However if you decrease your calories significantly each time what ends up happening is you'll have to diet on 1200 calories (example) just to lose weight while the person who kept their deficit at a modest 500 calories and slowly decreased is dieting and losing weight on double that.
How do you know by how much you should decrease your calories?

harrys said:
There is one brutal truth to metabolism that depends on genetics which is that the metabolism of some people is higher than others due to genetics and other factors. So one person could be eating 3000 calories and still lose the same amount of weight as someone on 2200 calories or lower. Welcome to the Blackpill.
So then the maintenance calculator is not fully accurate, is it?

harrys

harrys

Adept
Time online
27d 16h 43m
Cain said:
How do you know by how much you should decrease your calories?

So then the maintenance calculator is not fully accurate, is it?
The figure of maintenance calories that you get are an estimate because it can’t calculate your exact energy expenditure but is nonetheless useful for giving you a ballpark figure. If you find it isn’t accurate then all you need to do is make a small adjustment.

To find out if your maintenance calories are accurate eat the amount the calculator gives you for one week. If your weight goes up decrease the calories the following week. If your weight goes down increase the calories the following week. If your weight stays the same you’ve found your maintenance calories.

As long as you eat fewer calories than your maintenance calories you will lose weight. If you eat more than your maintenance you gain weight, I’ve recommended decreasing 500 calories from whatever your maintenance calories are to begin with so you lose 1lbs/0.5kg a week guaranteed just from dieting and normal daily energy expenditure. If you want to exercise to lose more weight that’s your choice but I recommend it.

If your weight loss stalls then your metabolism has adapted to the amount of calories you’re eating and so you have to eat fewer calories. For example if someone was losing weight on 2500 calories which is their maintenance calories minus 500 for a month but is no longer losing weight then they’d have to do the following.

Eat your updated maintained calories according to your current weight not your old weight for a week using the calculator. This is called a refeed and allows the metabolism to recover. After that week you’d then start eating 2300 calories which will allow you to overcome your plateau and start losing weight again. This is 200 calories fewer than your weight loss calories of 2500. Once your metabolism adjusts again and you stop losing weight you repeat. Eat at updated maintenance calories for a week to refeed then decrease calories again to start losing weight.

How fast your metabolism adjusts varies by person, some people will only need to have the same figure of calories their entire weight loss period whilst others may have to refeed and readjust their calories to lose weight. Don’t decrease your calories too fast after refeeds or you’ll end up starving. Do it in increments of 200. The weight loss will not be as fast but once you get to a lower weight you want to balance muscle retention, satiety and fat loss. if you decrease calories too fast you compromise all these things. pm me if you want tailored advice.

Last edited:
Yahyeet

Yahyeet

Zephir
Time online
86d 10h 40m
Keep coping, Masse ist klasse!

harrys

harrys

Adept
Time online
27d 16h 43m
Yahyeet said:
Keep coping, Masse ist klasse!
Mass when’s it muscle, sure. Mass when’s it’s fat :trepidation:

Cain

Cain

Banned
Time online
10d 19h 44m
According to the navy body fat calculator, I am 4% jfl, wtf is going on? I am lean, but not THAT lean.
I am sure I have measured my waist and neck correctly.

TioJohn

TioJohn

Instructor
Time online
12d 1h 59m