The fact most people find books boring is a lookspill

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
Think about it. Why is it that when people see real performances by real actors they can enjoy a story, but when presented with a book version of that exact same story they just get bored to tears?

It's the lookpill.

People don't watch TV/Movies for the stories, but rather for the characters and the drama between them. Which they can't enjoy unless there is a visual element. It's also for the same reason that nobody wants to watch movies/shows where the characters are ugly with annoying voices even if they're literally the same characters otherwise.

Most people hate reading because they can't judge the characters by their appearances the same way they could otherwise.

Looks = Character.
Books: Can't see the characters = Characters feel 'dry'.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Mewton, counterintuitive, moredatesmorerapes and 23 others
you have lost all touch with reality and your threads are borderline nonsensical

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Sub0, moredatesmorerapes, YungTrappa and 32 others
you have lost all touch with reality and your threads are borderline nonsensical
Star Wars movies. Literally any of them. Especially the prequels.

They're absolutely chockful of cringy writing, but none of it matters because the production values are high and the actors are likable/charismatic. Shit like "good call my young padwan!" etc. But nobody cares because Ewan Mcgregor is delivering the dialog.

• JFL
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Gonthar, Deleted member 20056, Deleted member 19551 and 1 other person

They're absolutely chockful of cringy writing, but none of it matters because the production values are high and the actors are likable/charismatic. Shit like "good call my young padwan!" etc. But nobody cares because Ewan Mcgregor is delivering the dialog.
You’re Forgetting Hayden Christensen’s legendary middle school tier lines

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Trilogy, Deleted member 15827, BearBoy and 1 other person
orrr maybe they are just easier to digest you fuckin schizo

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: watah, Meteor21, Growth Plate and 7 others
girls are more mental than physical they want men that fulfill their fantasies. those men are rare irl so they go to places like wattpad and read stories about them. that’s why self hating ethnic girls love interracial wattpad stories

• +1
Reactions: counterintuitive, watah, 1966Ford and 1 other person
manga>anime

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Deleted member 13787
Cause you have to use your imagination reading a book. Books are boring

• +1
Reactions: hebbewem
Reading rainbow mothafucka

Yes books are for nerds 🤓

didn't read. Make a movie squidbro

This is your worst (most stupid) take

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20056 and Deleted member 20179
I just don’t read books at all.

didn't read. Make a movie squidbro
42473164 9391 47C3 A923 EC242159B86F

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19548
Think about it. Why is it that when people see real performances by real actors they can enjoy a story, but when presented with a book version of that exact same story they just get bored to tears?

It's the lookpill.

People don't watch TV/Movies for the stories, but rather for the characters and the drama between them. Which they can't enjoy unless there is a visual element. It's also for the same reason that nobody wants to watch movies/shows where the characters are ugly with annoying voices even if they're literally the same characters otherwise.

Most people hate reading because they can't judge the characters by their appearances the same way they could otherwise.

Looks = Character.
Books: Can't see the characters = Characters feel 'dry'.
this , something i have been preaching in croatia for a long time but no one listens

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20056
girls are more mental than physical they want men that fulfill their fantasies. those men are rare irl so they go to places like wattpad and read stories about them. that’s why self hating ethnic girls love interracial wattpad stories

Nah a lot of people are low iq and lack imagination so they just can’t get into books

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
My half-aunt had ABC teenage television shows on daily.

What's wrong with that line, there was a period when all the nerds were calling each other "young padawan".

You're maryam arent you?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
"coincidence"

Nigga you thought :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :feelswhere::feelswhere::feelswhere::feelswhere: :feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:
wait I'm looking IQ, are yiu saying OP is a woman or rhat he's larping as Maryam in femoid forum

You're maryam arent you?

lol somebody stole my thread. I've got nothing to do with that post.

I think it’s just low attention span from phone

Cause they lack patience, imagination, and reading comprehension

Talking about myself, I always enjoyed reading books and imagining the scenarios of their stories in my head (I also like to read movie novelizations and I picture in my head how those elements that are not present in the movie, only in the novelization, would look in the big screen), I just dislike when books have a pedantic and complicated writing, plus when they take too much explaining boring subjects, that's why I prefer the movie version of "American Psycho" over the book, for example, because in the book Patrick Bateman spends pages talking about the clothes of his "friends" and that can be a pain in the ass when it repeats over and over again.

Cause they lack patience, imagination, and reading comprehension
This is not the only issue.

The problem with books is that they HAVE to explain what stuff looks like, whereas other mediums can just show it, slowing down the pacing of the story in the process. Furthermore, a book can't explain the same visual over and over (well it can, but it would destroy the pacing utterly), so you're just expected to remember what everything looks like, even for things that haven't reappeared for like a 100+ pages. With other mediums this isn't an issue, because every time a character or setting returns, you simply see what they look like each time, which is not the case with books.

• +1
Reactions: Latinus and Meteor21
Talking about myself, I always enjoyed reading books and imagining the scenarios of their stories in my head (I also like to read movie novelizations and I picture in my head how those elements that are not present in the movie, only in the novelization, would look in the big screen), I just dislike when books have a pedantic and complicated writing, plus when they take too much explaining boring subjects, that's why I prefer the movie version of "American Psycho" over the book, for example, because in the book Patrick Bateman spends pages talking about the clothes of his "friends" and that can be a pain in the ass when it repeats over and over again.
I hate it so fucking much when during the early parts of a book, the author decides to off-load some boring af background story or descriptions about a character's personality, instead of just showing us what it's like via it's in-story actions, or at least, by limiting the descriptions to just a paragraph or two.

• +1
Reactions: Latinus