The More Forward Grown Your Face, The More Prone You Are to Lens Distortion

Deleted member 14160

Deleted member 14160

12 PSL

If the z axis represents one's forward growth, the greater your z length is, the more distance is being distorted in order to "flatten" your 3-D face into a 2-D image. This could potentially mean that your features will appear less sharp in selfies. For instance, look how rounded, less wide the eyes, zygos, and jaws are of Barrett and Gandy in Selfies vs when in pictures taken by professional grade cameras (less distortive effect).

Thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69, Deleted member 25938, AscendingHero and 6 others

:lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69, Nautica, AscendingHero and 20 others
View attachment 1404600

If the z axis represents one's forward growth, the greater your z length is, the more distance is being distorted in order to "flatten" your 3-D face into a 2-D image. This could potentially mean that your features will appear less sharp in selfies. For instance, look how rounded, less wide the eyes, zygos, and jaws are of Barrett and Gandy in Selfies vs when in pictures taken by professional grade cameras (less distortive effect).

View attachment 1404606
View attachment 1404608

View attachment 1404611
View attachment 1404615

Thoughts?
you maybe onto something op

View attachment 1404600

View attachment 1404606
View attachment 1404608

View attachment 1404611
View attachment 1404615

Thoughts?
Agree I have Extreme forward growth and look like shit on selfie camera 😂

• +1
Reactions: datboijj, EverythingMattersCel and RODEBLUR
  • JFL
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69 and Chadethnic101
I can confirm this happens to me

• +1
Reactions: datboijj
I feel this is true, Im very forward grown and the same shit happens to me. It's probably because your nose, mouth etc. are much closer to the cam than other parts of the face, so they experience more distortion.

is this why my nose looks big as fuck

Yes look at this article, if it's 30% for the average recessed person, for forward grown people it will look even bigger.
they should teach this more tbh. iphone pictures made me want rhino and shit at like 12

That's why for most with good forward growth.
Take angled pics. For social media and so on.
Especially when you have good forward growth

• +1
Reactions: Slob
@Korea Thoughts on this?

Quick read. Yes, I agree. Simple shit really, the closer you are to the lens more distrotion you'll get, and since forward grown people protrude further out, then they need to go even further back.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 2729
Meaning this guy is chadpreet irl ? Oh shit I meant med chad
2657959 2621007 1638130315890

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Quick read. Yes, I agree. Simple shit really, the closer you are to the lens more distrotion you'll get, and since forward grown people protrude further out, then they need to go even further back.
What about telelense ?

• Hmm...
What about telelense ?
Telephoto? The best and only type of Lens that's used in professional portraiture. The point still stands about being 6 ft away, but Telephoto lens don't have the weird types of Radial Distortion caused by Wide-Angle and Ultra-Wide Angle Lenses.

• +1
Reactions: Birdcell
Telephoto? The best and only type of Lens that's used in professional portraiture. The point still stands about being 6 ft away, but Telephoto lens don't have the weird types of Radial Distortion caused by Wide-Angle and Ultra-Wide Angle Lenses.
I had good experience with pixel 6 pro. Do you believe that facial bloating like fat and water retention can massively decrease someone's psl ?

• Hmm...
I had good experience with pixel 6 pro. Do you believe that facial bloating like fat and water retention can massively decrease someone's psl ?
Pixel 6 Pro is actually the only Pixel I recommend for photos since it has the Telephoto Lens.

People here get Water Retention and Bloat mixed up with just have a shitty bone structure.

Of course it descends does decsend pretty much everyone that has it, but sometimes a person just doesn't have that good of a bone structure.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and Birdcell
Agree I have Extreme forward growth and look like shit on selfie camera 😂
Just did a test run for my jse reveal on my new iphone
and i wanted to kill myself
but fuck it i still gotta post
@StrangerDanger

• +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101 and StrangerDanger
now imagine forward growth with recessed infra orbitals. the difference between me in a mirror and picture is comically massive. camera pulls your lower face forward while the upper part gets flattened even more

this is why asian girls and girls in general look good in seflies, they tend to have really forward grown cheekbones relative to their lower half and the rounding effect doesnt hurt them too

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: datboijj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back