The Unspoken Downside of Hyaluronic Acid

pneumocystosis

pneumocystosis

the rich get ozempic, the poor get body positivity
Contributor
Short Thread, for once!

It is common knowledge that:
“Hyaluronic acid attracts and binds to water molecules and increases the water content of the skin”
Shari Marchbein, US Dermatologist.

Following this, you have probably already wondered. "Would applying products with HA cause my face to retain water and give me puffy cheeks?"

Well, the answer is "yes".

This is purely from personal experience:

I have noticed time and time again that when I applied topical serums containing hyaluronic acid before bed, I would wake up with a slightly bloated face in the morning.
The puffiness wasn't as pronounced as what I'd get from "sodium-bloat" however, but it still was an obstacle to getting my hollow cheeks.
I was definitely not "bloated", but I simply lacked the chiselledness I'm used to.

So, what's the solution to being able to mainting hollow cheeks while applying HA to the face daily?

pneumo smashing his face with a hammer :feelsgah:

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, redmaxx, NateJacobs and 3 others
Looks youthful

Short Thread, for once!

“Hyaluronic acid attracts and binds to water molecules and increases the water content of the skin”

Following this, you have probably already wondered. "Would applying products with HA cause my face to retain water and give me puffy cheeks?"

I have noticed time and time again that when I applied topical serums containing hyaluronic acid before bed, I would wake up with a slightly bloated face in the morning.
The puffiness wasn't as pronounced as what I'd get from "sodium-bloat" however, but it still was an obstacle to getting my hollow cheeks.
I was definitely not "bloated", but I simply lacked the chiselledness I'm used to.

So, what's the solution to being able to mainting hollow cheeks while applying HA to the face daily?

pneumo smashing his face with a hammer
I've been using the shit out of my vit c with hydralaunic acid for smoothness but haven't noticed this
Literally 🤣💀🤣💀

• JFL
Reactions: hattrick, kebab, pneumocystosis and 1 other person
Short Thread, for once!

pneumo smashing his face with a hammer :feelsgah:
lord pneumo the life saver of bloated cheeks, the lord of water retention, the king of waterpulling, the owner of @james_hausmann

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: its_over, Fiqh and pneumocystosis
lord pneumo the life saver of bloated cheeks, the lord of water retention, the king of waterpulling, the owner of @james_hausmann
zip up his pants when ur done

• JFL
Reactions: pneumocystosis