This surgery

Acromegaly_Chad

Acromegaly_Chad

Offical Surgery Consultant
Screenshot 20211014 021845 Samsung Internet

Green: Inferior alveolar nerve.
Red: cut line of the surgery.

Basically it's like an extended side wing but with one main difference when it comes to making the jaw wider: you can push the jaw angle out like a pendulum instead of getting this weird step off that a side wing usually creates.

Screenshot 20211014 022243 Samsung Internet

Left side: classic chin wing widening in the jaw angle area.

Right side: the osteotomy I have proposed.

TMJ stays in the same place in both cases so... why has nobody ever done it the way I suggested?

I asked Dr andreishchev maybe he responds.

• +1
Reactions: JosephGarrot123, the next o'pry, LastHopeForNorman and 4 others
I swear my PSL autism gets me this far that I invent a new method to widen the jaw angle JFL

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: oldcelloser, LastHopeForNorman, Deleted member 2729 and 5 others
You’re crazy man. Respect. Big up una.
@OldVirgin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
Do you know how to widen your chin? If someone has literally very narrow feminine chin tier width? And also after chin widening what to do with jaw angles? It should match so it doesnt look uncanny after chin surgery

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725, Deleted member 9670, Carolus and 1 other person
Interesting. Tell us how it goes

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
i think the regular chin wing is better because your proposed one adds too much mass to the masseter area which would likely give you the "bloated" look jaw implants usually give (because the width increase isnt localized solely at the gonions/ridge of the mandible)

• Hmm...
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
so what exactly is chin wing? i thought it was mainly to lengthen the lower third and add more chin height and lower the jaw/ make gonial angle higher

pretty much jutt

i think the regular chin wing is better because your proposed one adds too much mass to the masseter area which would likely give you the "bloated" look jaw implants usually give (because the width increase isnt localized solely at the gonions/ridge of the mandible)
Interesting. Tell us how it goes
Andreishchev says the risk of a bad split is high i.e. that the bone breaks during cutting which is of course a hzge risk

• +1
Reactions: Carolus

IVRO?

IVRO is a surgery performed behind the nerve passing line. So, this surgery has very low possibility of nerve damage . (Vertical ramus osteotomy)
However, since the fixation between bone parts is not very strong, jaw movement should be restricted for two weeks. And, proper jaw movement must be carried out after surgery.
In patients with uncomfortable temporomandibular joints, recovery of the jaw joints can also be expected by with IVRO.​

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman
Andreishchev says the risk of a bad split is high i.e. that the bone breaks during cutting which is of course a hzge risk
For chin wing or the one your proposed? Also can you please DM me who you went to for your chin wing? So I know who to avoid so I don't get nerve damage lol

its over brotha 😢

Its Over GIF

its over todd krizelman GIF by National Geographic Channel

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: JosephGarrot123 and Acromegaly_Chad