Thoughts on full body workouts??

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
Ngl i feel they are more natural tbh, like full body shit 2-3 times per week is probably the best for your CNS

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Melo95, oldcelloser and 1 other person
I would rather do push/pull twice and legs

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5802, Deleted member 4614, Schönling and 5 others
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
It sounds good in theory but I've never been able to do a full body workout

First of all it's too much time at the gym as well as too much work. Splitting your workouts sounds more realistic and feels much more doable. If you went to the gym knowing you had to do fucking 17 different workouts you'd probably not feel motivated to go because it's too much work.

Plus fullbody workout means you'll do less reps overall because your strength will be going down as you're doing exercises on all muscle groups. Whereas if you focused on certain muscle groups for the whole day you'd have more energy to train them pretty hard.

It's a matter of preference.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Cope_detector, Effortless and 4 others
It sounds good in theory but I've never been able to do a full body workout

First of all it's too much time at the gym as well as too much work. Splitting your workouts sounds more realistic and feels much more doable. If you went to the gym knowing you had to do fucking 17 different workouts you'd probably not feel motivated to go because it's too much work.

Plus fullbody workout means you'll do less reps overall because your strength will be going down as you're doing exercises on all muscle groups. Whereas if you focused on certain muscle groups for the whole day you'd have more energy to train them pretty hard.

It's a matter of preference.
True, im just coping because i hate doing legs jfl

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and CtrlAltDelete
They're good if it's a sport like basketball or something... i'm exhausted from today it works your whole body.

But if it's weights it's not worth it imo. Too much effort for low reward and there's no muscle memory.

But if you stretch and shit then yeah it's worth it.

most myostatin reduction stimulus so it's worth it

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: animo123, Need2Ascend, nastynas and 1 other person
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Ngl i feel they are more natural tbh, like full body shit 2-3 times per week is probably the best for your CNS

Need at least 2 days rest on major body parts. Twice a week is enough. Can work abs and calves more however if you want.

• +1
Reactions: ArdaxHG
Upper / lower is the best routine for natties in my opinion.

Full body is the most efficient when you are a starter but as you increase your weights the volume gets simply too big for a single workout session

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, oldcelloser, TsarTsar444 and 1 other person

Full body is the most efficient when you are a starter but as you increase your weights the volume gets simply too big for a single workout session
r u on roids bro?

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy

I hate legs so much tho lol, at least squats, fuck squats, can i just do leg pushing instead? Something about squats is soo painful

• Love it
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, MikeMew'sBitch and Prettyboy
I hate legs so much tho lol, at least squats, fuck squats, can i just do leg pushing instead? Something about squats is soo painful
Its a girl excercise. Because you dislike it shows you are a man. The fan of squatting also are the fan of kissing boys

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ, Deleted member 2729, Effortless and 5 others
Yeah leg press and lying/sitting leg curl for knee health is OK, you could even do torso/legs+arms split if you'd like

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
r u on roids bro?
No, I never did roids and not to keen doing so in the future either (maybe in my 30s when my natural T starts to noticably drop)

My father was NW5 at 30yo and although I'm not balding, I would't risk getting a visit from the norwood reaper. Also my natural T is very high, so I don't see a point enhancing it any further. Lastly I eat carnivorous so I have no idea how would my body react to juice at all. :lul:

• Woah
Reactions: .👽.
Lately I've been ditching squats for leg presses, I feel like squatting at some point can widen the torso a bit and I want none of that :feelswah:

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Squatting is hard because it also includes upper body and core which means that basically your whole body is under tension so your start sweating like a pig, your weak abs are trembling and shaking and it feels very unpleasant overall.

• +1
Reactions: ArdaxHG, Effortless, Baldingman1998 and 2 others
Squatting is hard because it also includes upper body and core which means that basically your whole body is under tension so your start sweating like a pig, your weak abs are trembling and shaking and it feels very unpleasant overall.
It's very taxing on the central nervous system because of that, too. Same with deadlifts

• +1
Reactions: R@m@ and MikeMew'sBitch
What is that??
Myostatin is the hormone in your body that limits muscle building. Triggering reduction spikes of it helps immensely in muscle building and full body workouts reduce it the most bc the response from legs, arms.. etc.

What you wanna do is keep myostatin low as much and as frequent as possible by training 2-3 times a week full body with high volume so you will be able to recover faster and train again.

Overly muscular kids, dogs, cows.. etc have been born with literally no myostatin, all they have to do is barely any physical activity and they look like the Hulk.

That's why human females can't be as muscular as men bc they have high myostatin, as well as old people.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: animo123, TsarTsar444, Need2Ascend and 1 other person
best split for training strength especially, even for hypertrophy and body comp. purposes work very well, due to set up of training you can use very different training methods on seperate days and dedicate a training day to a certain adaption, so it's very variable in that regard.also highest myostatin reduction so it's giga op in that regard. however you need to be knowing your shit about how to program the workouts, since frequency will be high you can either do high volume or high intensiveness, high volume is overrated as fuck for natties due to very high cortisol production and redundant training volume. so a high intensity is good. exercise selection is also pretty important, you can only do 4 exercises pretty much to cover whole body, a squat,a hinge variation,a pull and a push and sometimes a loaded carry or single leg exercise can be thrown in. most people would be bored as fuck with this type of exercise selection, so what you can do is do 2 days of big compound and 2 days of machine, pulley, isolation work. on compounds days honestly 3 work sets is fine with an RPE of 8, on isolation days since overall neural and adrenal fatigue is low you can do two prep and one all out work set to failure and beyond safely with methods like dropsets, rest pauses, myoreps loaded stretching etc

overall i use it pretty often along with, push+squats, pull+ legs, different type of upper lower splits. so it's gud bratan:feelshah:

in my 30s when my natural T starts to noticably drop
this shit is exxagerated ; mine didnt; i feel pretty much the same and if it dropped, it isnt "noticeably" :feelskek:
Myostatin is the hormone in your body that limits muscle building. Triggering reduction spikes of it helps immensely in muscle building and full body workouts reduce it the most bc the response from legs, arms.. etc.

What you wanna do is keep myostatin low as much and as frequent as possible by training 2-3 times a week full body with high volume so you will be able to recover faster and train again.

Overly muscular kids, dogs, cows.. etc have been born with literally no myostatin, all they have to do is barely any physical activity and they look like the Hulk.

That's why human females can't be as muscular as men bc they have high myostatin, as well as old people.
how long do you think nattys /beginners should do full body before moving to a split routine?

this shit is exxagerated ; mine didnt; i feel pretty much the same and if it dropped, it isnt "noticeably" :feelskek:

how long do you think nattys /beginners should do full body before moving to a split routine?
I think full body workouts are superior regardless of your level, splits were created for steroid users whose protein synthesis lasts a week instead of natty max 2 days, so too much volume would be useless for them. We naturals have normal protein synthesis so we need a lot more volume.

• +1
Reactions: animo123
I would rather do push/pull twice and legs
Only ideal if you are going to train 6x a week. Not good for people with less time.

Full body 3x a week is solid for most people.

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry
The trick with full body workout is to keep excercises to a minimum. No bullshit useless junk volume excercises. Only one excercise for each body group, and expect the workout to take longer than an hour, mostly compounds

I'm not in a gym currently but i do this:

Weighted pullups for back and biceps (different variations to target different muscles)

Weighted pushups for chest, front delt and triceps (different variations)

Neck curls for neck

Lateral raises for side delt

Ab exercises of your choice

I personally don't train legs because of a naturally big ass and big thighs. When I used to squat, no jeans fit, and my mom made fun of my body all the time and said it made my figure more feminine. I don't think normies should train legs either unless they're roiding. Most naturals aren't going to grow enough muscle to create a noticeable imbalance, and those that do, usually have genetically shit legs. I don't think you should train legs if you hate it that much

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend, Foreverbrad and RIPPED IRL
The trick with full body workout is to keep excercises to a minimum. No bullshit useless junk volume excercises. Only one excercise for each body group, and expect the workout to take longer than an hour, mostly compounds

Weighted pullups for back and biceps (different variations to target different muscles)

Neck curls for neck

I personally don't train legs because of a naturally big ass and big thighs. When I used to squat, no jeans fit, and my mom made fun of my body all the time and said it made my figure more feminine. I don't think normies should train legs either unless they're roiding. Most naturals aren't going to grow enough muscle to create a noticeable imbalance, and those that do, usually have genetically shit legs. I don't think you should train legs if you hate it that much
I do similar routine but 3x "fullbody" and 4x HIIT cycling sessions, so 7 days of training sometimes i take 1 day off HIIT and chill out depends on how i feel. I dont do legs because cycling do the job and i do similar exercises, focusing on get WIDE (with lot of wide pull ups as wide as i can, wide rows, etc) shoulders (lots of lateral raises sets) , neck curls, arms, abs and lastly chest, this is best train split for my goals

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14139
Only ideal if you are going to train 6x a week. Not good for people with less time.

Full body 3x a week is solid for most people.
push/pull 2x and legs once is good if youre intermediate , throw some lateral raises at the end of the workout maybe superset it with some curls and tricep extensions if your arms are lagging, some ab work before bed like ab rollouts and leg raises

If I had less time this is how I would do it, no way I would do squats and pull ups/bench or push ups in the same workout, after squatting 3x3 followed by 3x10 my cns fries, leg day is a separate day,

push/pull 2x and legs once is good if youre intermediate , throw some lateral raises at the end of the workout maybe superset it with some curls and tricep extensions if your arms are lagging, some ab work before bed like ab rollouts and leg raises

If I had less time this is how I would do it, no way I would do squats and pull ups/bench or push ups in the same workout, after squatting 3x3 followed by 3x10 my cns fries, leg day is a separate day,
Squats and bench press in the same workout is fine, because bench press is not a demanding exercise on the CNS and they don't use the same muscles (local fatigue). Again, for someone who wants to work out 6x a week, PPL is fine.

I've been doing these two workouts alternating 3x a week:
-Squat/bench/hamstring accessories (high rep)/misc. pressing or arm exercises
-OHP/deadlift/pull ups/shoulder and upper back accessories (as time permits)

It seems to work for me. I should do more core work, but I am lazy and avoiding it ATM.

Squats and bench press in the same workout is fine, because bench press is not a demanding exercise on the CNS and they don't use the same muscles (local fatigue). Again, for someone who wants to work out 6x a week, PPL is fine.

I've been doing these two workouts alternating 3x a week:
-Squat/bench/hamstring accessories (high rep)/misc. pressing or arm exercises
-OHP/deadlift/pull ups/shoulder and upper back accessories (as time permits)

It seems to work for me. I should do more core work, but I am lazy and avoiding I
I havent benched in years, I use push ups or dips with chains around the neck, the cns fatigue isnt probably as much yeah

I do similar routine but 3x "fullbody" and 4x HIIT cycling sessions, so 7 days of training sometimes i take 1 day off HIIT and chill out depends on how i feel. I dont do legs because cycling do the job and i do similar exercises, focusing on get WIDE (with lot of wide pull ups as wide as i can, wide rows, etc) shoulders (lots of lateral raises sets) , neck curls, arms, abs and lastly chest, this is best train split for my goals
i do only 2 days a week but with high volume. 7 sets of 12 reps each excercise. Based on the research i looked at, you should hit somewhere between 10-20 sets (reps until you reach just before failure) a week per muscle group, and I do 15 sets per muscle group a week. Recovery is easy as fuck this way because you have at least 2 days of rest between training sessions

On my days off I do 1 hour of brisk walking which burns like 350 calories. HIIT is better for T levels but it scares me a little because super high intensity cardio supposedly enlarges your left ventricular walls which increases risk of cardiac arrest

• +1
Reactions: RIPPED IRL
I havent benched in years, I use push ups or dips with chains around the neck, the cns fatigue isnt probably as much yeah
I hate bench press TBH. I plan on quitting flat bench after I hit a certain milestone (maybe 225 or 275 for 5 reps). I might still use pause close grip incline bench as an OHP accessory.

i do only 2 days a week but with high volume. 7 sets of 12 reps each excercise. Based on the research i looked at, you should hit somewhere between 10-20 sets (reps until you reach just before failure) a week per muscle group, and I do 15 sets per muscle group a week. Recovery is easy as fuck this way because you have at least 2 days of rest between training sessions
Interesting approach. Have you gained much mass this way?

I hate bench press TBH. I plan on quitting flat bench after I hit a certain milestone (maybe 225 or 275 for 5 reps). I might still use pause close grip incline bench as an OHP accessory.

Interesting approach. Have you gained much mass this way?
I've made good gains yes

I feel like most guys over complicate training methodology. As long as there's progressive overload, good recovery, compound excercises and accessory ones for smaller muscles you really wanna develop like neck and side delts, enough frequency, enough volume, enough intensity, you're going to grow regardless of whether you train 2, 5, or 7 days a week. Going above 15-20 sets per week per muscle group was not shown to provide any more muscle gain. You can choose to workout 5 times a week and spread out those sets, or you can choose to just workout twice a week with more rest days. Given that protein synthesis lasts for 48 hours in most men, higher frequency training doesn't make sense to me unless you're training for endurance. 2/3 times a week is ideal tbh, it also gives your nerves, joints, tendons and cartilage more time to heal

• +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension
bench, dips and push ups are the best pushing exercises and you can use one of this to be the main pushing lift, push ups are tricky to add weight, I use 2 heavy ass chains around the neck plus the weighted vest works fine

theres also a good exercise I tried the other day, pushing the car, not running thats for legs, pushing with your arms like youre benching, good exercise and probably can be used to replace bench due to the quantity of musculature involved like a big lift

bench, dips and push ups are the best pushing exercises and you can use one of this to be the main pushing lift, push ups are tricky to add weight, I use 2 heavy ass chains around the neck plus the weighted vest works fine
OHP is the best pushing exercise: Superior tricep activation, superior deltoid activation, hits the serratus and upper back, and won't unbalance your body and give you bad posture. It's also better for aesthetics. The only drawbacks are inferior pec activation and higher CNS fatigue.

Dips are a questionable exercise because of injury risks.

OHP is the best pushing exercise: Superior tricep activation, superior deltoid activation, hits the serratus and upper back, and won't unbalance your body and give you bad posture. It's also better for aesthetics. The only drawbacks are inferior pec activation and higher CNS fatigue.

From what I remember OHP mainly targets the front delt. If you're already activating front delt in bench press, why not just do lateral raises to isolate side delts?

From what I remember OHP mainly targets the front delt. If you're already activating front delt in bench press, why not just do lateral raises to isolate side delts?
Bench press = 2/2 heads of the pecs, 1/3 heads of the delts, 2/3 heads of the triceps, zero upper back or core
OHP = 1/2 heads of the pecs, 3/3 heads of hte triceps, 3/3 heads of the delts, plus upper back and core

OHP hits front delts harder than side or rear delts, depending on grip width, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hit all three heads of the delts. Plus if you do serious back work, you should be getting rear delt work anyway. Everyone with a big OHP has well-developed shoulders, and this is not a coincidence. Look at the old-school Olympic Weightlifters, who used ot do the strict press, they all have big side delts and yoke.

Bench press = 2/2 heads of the pecs, 1/3 heads of the delts, 2/3 heads of the triceps, zero upper back or core
OHP = 1/2 heads of the pecs, 3/3 heads of hte triceps, 3/3 heads of the delts, plus upper back and core

OHP hits front delts harder than side or rear delts, depending on grip width, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hit all three heads of the delts. Plus if you do serious back work, you should be getting rear delt work anyway. Everyone with a big OHP has well-developed shoulders, and this is not a coincidence. Look at the old-school Olympic Weightlifters, who used ot do the strict press, they all have big side delts and yoke.
if you want to achieve a wide shoulders you should do at least x3 the volume of sets of lateral raises than OHP fk olympics weighligthing, powerlifing, etc im training to reach my specific goals

if you want to achieve a wide shoulders you should do at least x3 the volume of sets of lateral raises than OHP fk olympics weighligthing, powerlifing, etc im training to reach my specific goals
Doing compound exercises saves a lot of time and prevents you from plateauing. Bodybuilders do not train smart, they just use a bunch of drugs to compensate

OHP is not superior for side belts. It is superior for front delt yes.

OHP is not superior for side belts. It is superior for front delt yes.
Superior compared to what? OHP is definitely superior for side delts compared to the bench press.

Superior compared to what? OHP is definitely superior for side delts compared to the bench press.
Granted that OHP is superior for side belts than bench press. But being superior to the bench press, still doesn't make it a good exercise for the side delts. Side delt activation is not that great on the OHP. OHP is dominantly front delt.

If you want to hit your side delts the hardest you should do side lateral raises.

its ok if u can gym max 3x a week

I do 3x a week full body, it's pretty tough on the CNS so I reduced lower body volume to compensate. Legs seem to grow well on low volume anyway.

Neck curls for neck

yeah I also have big ass and thighs naturally, and for me it's forbidden to train legs