Topical retinoids kill skin cells

Reckless Turtle

Reckless Turtle

Kraken
That's their functional use, seemingly. All you're doing by applying a topical retinoid is killing the top layer(s) of skin cells. This is theoretically also achievable through various acids, heat, radiation, etc. Frankly, if the topical retinoid you're applying isn't noticeably causing your skin to peel then it probably isn't doing very much...

• +1
Reactions: NFA PB
I thought it increases skin turnover which causes the outer layer to die quickly

• +1
Reactions: twilight
is peeling around mouth and nose

is that good enough @Reckless Turtle ?

I thought it increases skin turnover which causes the outer layer to die quickly
What if you're reversing the cause and effect and the outer laying dying increases skin turnover?

What if you're reversing the cause and effect and the outer laying dying increases skin turnover?
If it’s damaging the skin that bad you’d expect hyperpigmentation and further damage

• +1
Reactions: Deprived, looksseg, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 1 other person
is peeling around mouth and nose

is that good enough @Reckless Turtle ?
Any time I apply a small amount to my skin, the skin peels after a day, and I've been doing that on and off for roughly two years. "Good enough" is debatable because it depends on what's "good."

If it’s damaging the skin that bad you’d expect hyperpigmentation and further damage
Slight sunburn doesn't necessarily result in hyperpigmentation and that type of radiation is probably a lot more damaging than most topical tretinoins. Most tret users probably aren't killing enough skin cells to notice hyperpigmentation within an observable time period.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Any time I apply a small amount to my skin, the skin peels after a day, and I've been doing that on and off for roughly two years. "Good enough" is debatable because it depends on what's "good."
You are sensitive

retin a is terrible skin-irritating cope bullshit, there are literally so many other better non-invasive methods of inreasing skin elasticity, collagen and plumping up wrinkles, literally visit the BoTB section jfl

and even if u want to chug on retinoids that badly then just do it orally

What does killing mean to you? Remove? This is very poorly explained

Cope

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
retin a is terrible skin-irritating cope bullshit, there are literally so many other better non-invasive methods of inreasing skin elasticity, collagen and plumping up wrinkles, literally visit the BoTB section jfl

lol no

Care to link them?

I've been using it for 2 months and I've had zero irritation when I don't use it near my eyes.

Last edited:
What does killing mean to you? Remove? This is very poorly explained

I've been using it for 2 months and I've had zero irritation when I don't use it near my eyes.
idk maby im just sensitive but this shit gives me major peeling and irritation, also had a slight loss of fat in the forehead (between the eybrows)

idk maby im just sensitive but this shit gives me major peeling and irritation, also had a slight loss of fat in the forehead (between the eybrows)
Are you sure you lost fat because of the tretinoin and not due to aging

This looks legit

3 months results
2960DB42 1AB4 41EF 8D9B 2A2BCF83B81D

Are you sure you lost fat because of the tretinoin and not due to aging

This looks legit

3 months results
View attachment 1963124
I couldnt age in 3 months JFL. Basically applied retin a on my forehead and then noticed the skin there got thinner and as if someone chipped tiny pieces of my skin out of it