Tretinoin cels GTFIH

not_ovER

not_ovER

Bronze
On my first day of using it, I noticed my eye was stinging the very next day I noticed my eyes are kinda dry I don't know if it's a placebo or not note that I haven't put it anywhere near my eye at all (just on lower cheek and forehead and lower part of my nose).

I think the cause for this was either

The tret got into my bloodstream and is affecting my Meibomian gland destroying it which can become permanent (I think I'm okay since I've only used it for one day)
or
The tret rubbed into my pillow when sleeping which then rubbed into my eye area

There are 3 so-called solutions which I will try before I give up on Tret and before it nukes my eyes forever

1. Short contact therapy is when you leave tret on your skin for a couple of hours and then wash it off completely whiles retaining the benefits of tret it probably limits how far tret travels up the skin
2. Leave tret to dry on your skin for an hour plus so it doesn't rub into your pillow getting into your eyes then go to sleep
3. Add buffer in your eye area such as aquaporin or vaseline which stops tret from getting into your eyes

Last edited:
Lower your tretinoin % to 0.025 and start your way up, I too had dry eyes in the beginning but I lowered the dose and used moisturizer BEFORE and AFTER applying tret giving 5 mins break each.

Also don't use tretinoin near eye areas at all, only apply near jaw and neck area.

Stick with it for a couple of months, the skin quality you will get is mogger, people compliment my glowy skin after using tret for a year, also never had a pimple or acne since starting tretinoin.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
Also DONT PUT TRET NEAR NOSE OR FOREHEAD, that always causes dry eyes in my case
Tretinoin gets absorbed effectively even if you put it at the edges of your jaw, so its not required to cover entire face

• +1
Reactions: not_ovER
Lower your tretinoin % to 0.025 and start your way up, I too had dry eyes in the beginning but I lowered the dose and used moisturizer BEFORE and AFTER applying tret giving 5 mins break each
Also dont use tretinoin near eye areas at all, only apply near jaw and neck area
Stick with it for a couple of months, the skin quality you will get is mogger, people compliment my glowy skin after using tret for a year, also never had a pimple or acne since starting tretinoin
bro im using 0.025 and i use moisturizer before but not after I'm going to try that but my eyes are definitely dry atm . So you're saying i should only put near my jaw not my upper or middle face how would i receive mogger skin in my entire face then

bro im using 0.025 and i use moisturizer before but not after I'm going to try that but my eyes are definitely dry atm . So you're saying i should only put near my jaw not my upper or middle face how would i receive mogger skin in my entire face then
Tretinoin gets absorbed and spreads across your face, so it dosent matter if you apply it near jawline, your skin will absorb it slowly and spread it across your face

Tretinoin gets absorbed and spreads across your face, so it dosent matter if you apply it near jawline, your skin will absorb it slowly and spread it across your face
So to make things extra clear i should put it only around the jawline area to avoid dry eyes but i would retain benefits entirely

• +1
Reactions: Struggler03
20230607 202134

I apply a pea sized amount here on both sides of my face

• +1
So to make things extra clear i should put it only around the jawline area to avoid dry eyes but i would retain benefits entirely
Yes that is correct, make sure to moisturize and apply during night so you dont get sun damage

• +1
On my first day of using it, I noticed my eye was stinging the very next day I noticed my eyes are kinda dry I don't know if it's a placebo or not note that I haven't put it anywhere near my eye at all (just on lower cheek and forehead and lower part of my nose).

I think the cause for this was either

The tret got into my bloodstream and is affecting my Meibomian gland destroying it which can become permanent (I think I'm okay since I've only used it for one day)
or
The tret rubbed into my pillow when sleeping which then rubbed into my eye area

There are 3 so-called solutions which I will try before I give up on Tret and before it nukes my eyes forever

1. Short contact therapy is when you leave tret on your skin for a couple of hours and then wash it off completely whiles retaining the benefits of tret it probably limits how far tret travels up the skin
2. Leave tret to dry on your skin for an hour plus so it doesn't rub into your pillow getting into your eyes then go to sleep
3. Add buffer in your eye area such as aquaporin or vaseline which stops tret from getting into your eyes
……….

Also DONT PUT TRET NEAR NOSE OR FOREHEAD, that always causes dry eyes in my case
Tretinoin gets absorbed effectively even if you put it at the edges of your jaw, so its not required to cover entire face
Never happened to me

Lower your tretinoin % to 0.025 and start your way up, I too had dry eyes in the beginning but I lowered the dose and used moisturizer BEFORE and AFTER applying tret giving 5 mins break each.

Also don't use tretinoin near eye areas at all, only apply near jaw and neck area.

Stick with it for a couple of months, the skin quality you will get is mogger, people compliment my glowy skin after using tret for a year, also never had a pimple or acne since starting tretinoin.
How many times a week