Video games are objectively the worst hobby you could have

Deleted member 10524

Deleted member 10524

Bonesmashing
I probably spent about 15,000 hours the last few years playing steam games, minecraft, and shit like that, and I got absolutely nothing out of it. I could have learnt 5 languages, started a business, get athletic scholarships, and still have a couple thousand hours left.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: TheChosenChad, mmm, Danish_Retard and 32 others
based ngl, makes me reflect on all my time wasted on vidyacelling

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, johncruz12345, Kristin and 6 others
Work is gigacope if you're not Chad. While you make a 1000 bucks a month, your boss makes 200k off you

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mmm, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 6723 and 7 others
I probably spent about 15,000 hours the last few years playing steam games, minecraft, and shit like that, and I got absolutely nothing out of it. I could have learnt 5 languages, started a business, get athletic scholarships, and still have a couple thousand hours left.
That's so sad, my best memories are from video games - I've built cities, empires, conquered nations, saved the world many times, traveled all over the world and to different planets, met tons of interesting people, and did many things that I can't do in real life.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PYT, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 4991 and 11 others
I play smash such a waste of time ngl but it's fun kinda like a fast paste version of chess with reaction and hand coordination involved.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 4991 and Deleted member 9837
That's so sad, my best memories are from video games - I've built cities, empires, conquered nations, saved the world many times, traveled all over the world and to different planets, met tons of interesting people, and did many things that I can't do in real life.
I appreciate that it's immersive for you but for me I have always felt 10x more fulfilled from doing things in real life and I wouldn't want it any other way

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3512 and Austrian Oak
LOL the reason why you were playing those video games is because they were fun.
Learning languages are useless if you are not chad.
Latina women get their panties wet when they hear chad say Me llamo chad.
Businesses are cope and high stress.Just betabux theory.
Athletic scholarships, just have good genetics and good environment.

• +1
Reactions: Boldandbeautiful, Danish_Retard, PubertyMaxxer and 4 others
every word you typed was wrong

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: TheChosenChad, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 3512 and 2 others
Indeed

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9837 and Tyronecell
every word you typed was wrong
you're coping hard.You clearly arent blackpilled if you disagreed with what I just said.

We like to think we had a choice

You would have done a business/languages/scholarships if you were predetermined to do so

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard, PubertyMaxxer and Deleted member 10524
you're coping hard.You clearly arent blackpilled if you disagreed with what I just said.

We like to think we had a choice

You would have done a business/languages/scholarships if you were predetermined to do so
I stopped playing video games and I'm now A1 in Spanish have started planning a business and I'm training for the upcoming athletic season, if you think any of those things are cope for a normie+ then you need to get off the internet

• +1
Reactions: PYT, DrunkenSailor, Austrian Oak and 2 others
I play smash such a waste of time ngl but it's fun kinda like a fast paste version of chess with reaction and hand coordination involved.

I would 3 stock you

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9837
I stopped playing video games and I'm now A1 in Spanish have started planning a business and I'm training for the upcoming athletic season, if you think any of those things are cope for a normie+ then you need to get off the internet
Good for you man I hope you become successfull in life but thats not for me.

No point in doing that when ur trying to compensate for ur genetics

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 10524
I appreciate that it's immersive for you but for me I have always felt 10x more fulfilled from doing things in real life and I wouldn't want it any other way
Yeah, but real life is boring, you can't really do stuff that you do in video games - like let's say steal a car then run over as many people as you can - many would consider this to be an anti-social act.

• JFL
Reactions: Boldandbeautiful, Danish_Retard, Gargantuan and 2 others
Your problem is you wasting 15k hours playing games, not games themselves. Unless you're a pro there's no reason to play that much.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 8019, Deleted member 9837 and 2 others
Good memories tho ngl

You could do this with anything. You could have said you wasted your time listening to music or watching movies. You could have learned a language but if you never used it for a job you could say that it was wasted time. If you enjoyed it then I dont think its wasted time

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 8019, oldcell and 1 other person
This. I've went out to clubs/parties/festivals and got non stop mogged and rejected, treated like shit.
Hanged out with other low value mates and it was boring.
Learned new skills and languages and didn't find it fullfilling or usefull.

atleast in online videogames I could compete and I stood a chance.

Real life is for privileged people, in the online videogame world everyone starts from scratch: Incel and Chad are equal.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 10172
This. I've went out to clubs/parties/festivals and got non stop mogged and rejected, treated like shit.
Hanged out with other low value mates and it was boring.
Learned new skills and languages and didn't find it fullfilling or usefull.

atleast in online videogames I could compete and I stood a chance.

Real life is for privileged people, in the online videogame world everyone starts from scratch: Incel and Chad are equal.
Exactly.
Video games is the best cope in the world.
A lot of idiots are on here coping too fucking hard.
There is no language/degree/business for your face/height/race.
I plan on playing Cyberpunk 2077 even if its trash for the driving so I can listen to music while getting lost

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 275
5 languages,
knowing any language other than english increases your smv tbh, especially if you know any of the romance languages

• +1
Reactions: Clark69
Work is gigacope if you're not Chad. While you make a 1000 bucks a month, your boss makes 200k off you
Making $1000 is better than nothing tho. Taxes in Europe are brutal but you can make much more in North America

• +1
Making $1000 is better than nothing tho. Taxes in Europe are brutal but you can make much more in North America
Biggdink

• Love it
Reactions: Biggdink
When I moved cities and lost my ps3 when I was 14 and didn’t get a new one I was the most productive in my life from 14-19

video games are cope af and all the people in here saying otherwise are the more aspie low status posters as per usual

productivity comes out of boredom especially in this overstimulating environment remember this.

• +1
Reactions: PYT, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 3512 and 1 other person
You know that the same could apply to every literature which is not Nonfiction
watching movies aswell etc.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 8019
Well I can golf

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10524
Well I can make it look like my thumb is coming off

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8019, Deleted member 7863 and Deleted member 10524
It's just a waste of time but if you can play videogames, do so. The dopamine sustains you.

I simply cannot spent 6,000 hours learning new skills, it's boring, but I have spent 6,000 hours playing video games.

• Woah
Reactions: Danish_Retard
While using videogames as a complete substitute to life tends to not be so healthy, thinking about everything trough the lens of productivity is an incredibly toxic towars oneself outlook in life, like you only should be producing and producing and producing... what? doesnt matter as long as you produce. Extreme utilitarianism or something like that, I think its called.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 7863, Clark69 and 3 others
I plan on playing Cyberpunk 2077 even if its trash for the driving so I can listen to music while getting lost
What? driving is actually shit in this game, the best for getting lost is walking around, since its one of the first games in which I feel that the city is on scale and huige. I other games like GTA I get a sense of "miniaturization" from the environment. I feel like the map of cyberpunk is bigger when in fact is much smaller than other open world games.

What? driving is actually shit in this game, the best for getting lost is walking around, since its one of the first games in which I feel that the city is on scale and huige. I other games like GTA I get a sense of "miniaturization" from the environment. I feel like the map of cyberpunk is bigger when in fact is much smaller than other open world games.
Really? I mean are you sure it's not fun to drive in the game?
Cause if it is then it is over.

I can't play Ghost of Tshuhima because it's on PS4 and my brother only has it.

I seen this video and the graphics don't look so bad.

• Woah
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Really? I mean are you sure it's not fun to drive in the game?
Cause if it is then it is over.

I can't play Ghost of Tshuhima because it's on PS4 and my brother only has it.

I seen this video and the graphics don't look so bad.

I mean, driving itself was better for example in GTA series, and walking/going on feet gives you a level of inmersion, specially on the city, no other game has. The ultra detailed evironments are way more enjoyable if you arent going past everything at 100+miles per hour, while in other games like GTA you didnt miss on so much by driving because the environments and cities weren't so "on full scale"

• +1
True tbh, I’ve probably spent 4K+ hours on gaming, even more maybe. Fucking shit. I’ve almost given up on life tbh, but I need to get over myself. In the process of getting a job now (fucking Corona man..) and hopefully study in a foreign country. I’ve wasted too much time in the attic playing vidya for 7 years straight now

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Austrian Oak and Clark69
Major cope, you trying to play? I play project M but I'll 3 stock you in melee

I wish I had either of those lol. I been playing ultimate. I might pick up Melee once all the DLC are released for Ultimate (Sephiroth looks hype but I just want Dante or Vergil to get in). I can send you some clips of my Mario and Chrom combos when I finish this exam

I wish I had either of those lol. I been playing ultimate. I might pick up Melee once all the DLC are released for Ultimate (Sephiroth looks hype but I just want Dante or Vergil to get in). I can send you some clips of my Mario and Chrom combos when I finish this exam
Ahh I don't play ultimate tbh ngl. I mean I've played it but I don't play it. If you have a not absolutely trash pc or laptop you can easily play melee. But it's a trash game with a lot of tech and hardly any viable characters. P+ is way better but requires slightly better pc.

But yeah I still wreck every smash ult player I've played.

its still ok to play for 2 hours in free time some time but it should be limited but 5 languages man thats crazy am gonna learn Norwegian

True tbh, I’ve probably spent 4+ hours on gaming, even more maybe. Fucking shit. I’ve almost given up on life tbh, but I need to get over myself. In the process of getting a job now (fucking Corona man..) and hopefully study in a foreign country. I’ve wasted too much time in the attic playing vidya for 7 years straight now
am gonna move to norway and try to meetup with Eriksen. Been thinking about moving to Norway in the future

• Love it
Reactions: TUSSELEIF
Everyone has their vice which really fucking sucks. For me, it’s internet. I don’t think in the last 6-7 years of my life I have spent a single day without looking at a screen.

Games however have never been addicting to me. I play them. They’re fun, but I just can’t get addicted. If someone offered me a $1,000 to go without games for a year I could without an issue.

The problem is that I simply can’t go without internet or a mobile device and it’s actually pretty fucking sad, so I can kind of relate to what you’re saying.

Ahh I don't play ultimate tbh ngl. I mean I've played it but I don't play it. If you have a not absolutely trash pc or laptop you can easily play melee. But it's a trash game with a lot of tech and hardly any viable characters. P+ is way better but requires slightly better pc.

But yeah I still wreck every smash ult player I've played.

I know the bare standard tech like wavedashing and wavelanding/bouncing since I learned that easily in smash (only one that you can actually use is wavelanding). Melee has like 5 viable characters lol. I played Project M when Mewtwo and Wolf were running the game. P+ is ran by Bowser now, isn't it?

Exactly.
Video games is the best cope in the world.
A lot of idiots are on here coping too fucking hard.
There is no language/degree/business for your face/height/race.
No wonder you’re a loser

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172
i don't regret a single second playing four-player split screen games with friends/family
playing alone however

gaming is fun tho , try cutting all your copes out of your daily life and see where that gets you. You will kys within 1 month , its not good to be a self punishing workaholic. You are not a robot so doing the shit you said all those hours is impossible

• +1
Reactions: lutte, TUSSELEIF and Clark69
I mean, driving itself was better for example in GTA series, and walking/going on feet gives you a level of inmersion, specially on the city, no other game has. The ultra detailed evironments are way more enjoyable if you arent going past everything at 100+miles per hour, while in other games like GTA you didnt miss on so much by driving because the environments and cities weren't so "on full scale"
The problem is getting the fancy cars like the lambo and the bugatti.Takes way too long to get.Also have u seen this 8k GTA 5 MOD?

I wanna have a mod where it looks good like that but in 1080p so I can drive around in a lambo or some shit

yeah the profit motive and all that shit is awful.

but you're kinda forced to participate in this relationship under capitalism. the alternative is either to become dependent on other people or land yourself on the other side of the isle (boss, manager, foreman, basically any position which is extracting the value of your work from you)

yeah the profit motive and all that shit is awful.

but you're kinda forced to participate in this relationship under capitalism. the alternative is either to become dependent on other people or land yourself on the other side of the isle (boss, manager, foreman, basically any position which is extracting the value of your work from you)
Yeah you are always working under someone.You're never truly independent

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal
video games are a good cope for me especially with corona cause i would be bored as hell otherwise ngl + i already speak 5 languages jfl