was in a bar recently.

Areuready

Areuready

Silver
Walked into a dive bar to watch an NFL game. Found a spot in the corner. Lady, who was with her boyfriend I think ??? Moved her seat to sit near me and asked "Hey do you know if anyone is sitting here?" She was originally on the right side of her man and then moved to the left and sat the open spot next to myself. Away from someone else that was there. I watched the 4 hours of the game and towards the end I looked at my phone and laughed at something (A news article of of someone in NYC breaking their neck when attempting to hop over the subway pay station on new years day) She turned to me and said "Wow you really been very loud all night huh?" (this was a joke as I hadn't really spoken or made a noise since that moment) I just sorta smiled and said "oh yeah for sure, totally" and she laughed back.

So is the fact strangers were willing to acknowledge me a good thing or a bad thing?

Not really I sort of had a similiar experience I used to go to an after school private school, and during class time a couple came, the boyfriend was in the class next to the one I was in and the girlfriend sat right in front of me in my class. She went out of her way to start conversations with me and asked me to squeeze her arms as proof of her gym progress. The entire time I was thinking man the boyfriend is right next to us in the room, what if he walks out and sees this shit. Her boyfriend was a tall white chad of course.

Some people are just like that, can't really say if that's a good or bad thing.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas
u r a weirdo

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11770
It's sad that you need help with this.

She was open to talk to you and you were closed off, uncomfortable.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Deleted member 4614
I don't think it means anything, maybe the guy sitting on her right was a drunk douche and she wanted to get away from them. It's not like she was hitting on you. People like to make little bar friends to pass time, her BF was sitting right there and obviously didn't seem to care.

• +1
Reactions: .👽. and Preoximerianas
You were good looking enough for someone random at the bar, especially a girl, to make the first move and start talking to you. But instead of engaging in the convo you ignored it to focus on a game you could have easily watched reruns of. Maybe it could have been something, maybe it was nothing. But neither you nor we will know because you didn’t do anything.

Yes, it’s generally a good thing if strangers acknowledge your existence, especially if it’s a girl. A girl isn’t going to randomly start talking to someone she deems ugly unless it’s for her tangible benefit like help.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lawton88