What calorie level should I be at in order to leanmaxx?

HarrierDuBois

HarrierDuBois

Philosophizing...
Stats:
18 years old
190 cm
78 kg
18-20% bodyfat approx

I also workout now 6 times a week weightlifting.

How many calories should I consume daily in order to reach below 10% bodyfat in a 3 month period?

You wont get there in 3 months without severe depression and anxiety. You would need to cut down by about a 1000kcal every day

With a 500kcal daily deficit you'll get to ~14-15%. In six months at that deficit you will be at 10%.

Your hormonal balance will likely also be better at a smaller deficit like 500kcal every day. Extreme calorie restriction can severely mess with testosterone and cortisol levels.

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
You wont get there in 3 months without severe depression and anxiety. You would need to cut down by about a 1000kcal every day

With a 500kcal daily deficit you'll get to ~14-15%. In six months at that deficit you will be at 10%.

Your hormonal balance will likely also be better at a smaller deficit like 500kcal every day. Extreme calorie restriction can severely mess with testosterone and cortisol levels.
So if I cut down 500 from my natural intake I will reach 10% bodyfat in 6 months?

So if I cut down 500 from my natural intake I will reach 10% bodyfat in 6 months?
The human body can't safely shed more than 0,5 to 1% of total body mass in fat over the course of a month (without risking muscle loss).
Losing body fat safely while preserving muscle mass is a very slow process.

Your current RMR with your age, height and weight while doing nothing is about 1880 a day. Add weightlifting to that on some days, and it will be roughly 2000 (if you also walk a lot during the day, then 2100-2200). 1600 is a good calorie target on days where you work out and ~1400 on days where you don't, preferably with high protein intake even on the days where you don't work out.

Your goal weight is ~70.5kg while maintaining as much muscle mass as possible.

Calculation

You can definitely do it in around 6 months.

(Above chart is done with a total BMR of around 2500-2600 a day and an intake of 2200 - for days where you work out very heavily and do other excercise or just move around a lot)

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
The human body can't safely shed more than 0,5 to 1% of total body mass in fat over the course of a month (without risking muscle loss).
Losing body fat safely while preserving muscle mass is a very slow process.

Your current RMR with your age, height and weight while doing nothing is about 1880 a day. Add weightlifting to that on some days, and it will be roughly 2000 (if you also walk a lot during the day, then 2100-2200). 1600 is a good calorie target on days where you work out and ~1400 on days where you don't, preferably with high protein intake even on the days where you don't work out.

Your goal weight is ~70.5kg while maintaining as much muscle mass as possible.

View attachment 1961731

You can definitely do it in around 6 months.

(Above chart is done with a total BMR of around 2500-2600 a day and an intake of 2200)
Fantastic, but will I be able to progressively build more muscles?

Fantastic, but will I be able to progressively build more muscles?
As a beginner, yes, you can pack on about 2-5kg of muscle mass during this cut, the missing calories for the muscle mass will be taken from your fat storages as long as your protein intake is ~130-160g a day.

After you've lifted weights for several years you can't build muscle without being in a caloric surplus (i.e. you have to choose whether you are on a bulk or a cut, but slow lean bulks with very small caloric surpluses are the best for aesthetics)

• +1
Reactions: Artemis and HarrierDuBois
As a beginner, yes, you can pack on about 2-5kg of muscle mass during this cut, the missing calories for the muscle mass will be taken from your fat storages as long as your protein intake is ~130-160g a day.

After you've lifted weights for several years you can't build muscle without being in a caloric surplus (i.e. you have to choose whether you are on a bulk or a cut, but slow lean bulks with very small caloric surpluses are the best for aesthetics)

I have already trained hard for 1 year bulking, now I wanna cut and am at a neutral calorie intake. The newbie gains are gone brother

You spend less time in a caloric defecit if you cut for 1000 calories a day. But yeah you have 0 energy, would be nearly impossible if you're going to the gym 6 times a week