What effects Do downgrafts have on the front

O

one job away

Kraken
Do downgrafts make the midface longer ?

no

• Hmm...
Reactions: one job away
Isn’t a lengthening of the midface the logical result of downgrafts tho? The results I googled all looked like they had a longer midface

Isn’t a lengthening of the midface the logical result of downgrafts tho? The results I googled all looked like they had a longer midface
dumbass. you don’t huh react my reply and ask me to spoonfeed you knowledge

dumbass. you don’t huh react my reply and ask me to spoonfeed you knowledge
Oh no I hope I don’t miss out on those valuable information

Do downgrafts make the midface longer ?
Posterior downgrafts no because the point of rotation is at the top front of lefort cut so the chin swings forward

Anterior downgrafts yes - generally only used in short face syndrome

Watch the side profile view of any of alfaros simulations and you can see this in action

• +1
Posterior downgrafts no because the point of rotation is at the top front of lefort cut so the chin swings forward

Watch the side profile view of any of alfaros simulations and you can see this in action
no.

A surgeon offered me downgraft but I already have a long midface. I have somewhat of a short face syndrome but I defenitly don’t want a longer midface.

A surgeon offered me downgraft but I already have a long midface. I have somewhat of a short face syndrome but I defenitly don’t want a longer midface.
If you have short face syndrome then u will probs look better with anterior (front) dowgraft. If only small sfs then you won't want to much

Here's an example of a guy with sfs who got both anterior and posterior downgrafts with the anterior being a slightly larger which steepness his occlusal plane slightly (but negligible)

Good luck

• +1
If you have short face syndrome then u will probs look better with anterior (front) dowgraft. If only small sfs then you won't want to much

Here's an example of a guy with sfs who got both anterior and posterior downgrafts with the anterior being a slightly larger which steepness his occlusal plane slightly (but negligible)

Good luck

Shit his got noticeably longer. A different surgeon said nothing about downgrafts. Don’t know if he just can’t do them tho

I guess I will fly over and discuss with him in person

Last edited:
Shit his got noticeably longer. A different surgeon said nothing about downgrafts. Don’t know if he just can’t do them tho

I guess I will fly over and discuss with him in person
Can u pm me surgeon? I went to a local guy who did not want to do counter clockwise rotation which is a huge red flag and there will be millimeters left on the table if you don't get ccw

• +1