What is the 'transition' age where a man needs to change strategy

mighty_oat

mighty_oat

Iron
For young men there has been a stark change in techniques/advice for becoming more attractive over the last decade or two.
It seems the more feminine 'K-pop' Asian influence is bleeding into western society, and young men are now finding better success by throwing away the old masculine advice and using more 'feminine' approaches, as well as these approaches becoming socially acceptable.

For example, using skin care products, styling your hair, using makeup, shaping eye-brows, and wanting to be lean. These would have been considered something only gay men would do when I was growing up (in the early nineties), and you would have been bullied or socially outcast for doing so. The prevailing view was that you needed to grow your muscles and become more 'tough' looking to get dates, as well as be more 'confident' which usually meant being a cocky bastard and mogging other men socially.

However, I don't think the new advice can be applied for all age groups. As a man ages the appearance of his skin and hair changes, as well as the expectations about what kind of man he should be. Trying to hold onto the feminine 'boyish' style looks for too long may backfire. What is the age where a man has to 'transistion' in his strategy. For example, cutting his hair shorter or becoming more 'buff', or dressing more 'dad-like'?

For young men there has been a stark change in techniques/advice for becoming more attractive over the last decade or two.
It seems the more feminine 'K-pop' Asian influence is bleeding into western society, and young men are now finding better success by throwing away the old masculine advice and using more 'feminine' approaches, as well as these approaches becoming socially acceptable.

For example, using skin care products, styling your hair, using makeup, shaping eye-brows, and wanting to be lean. These would have been considered something only gay men would do when I was growing up (in the early nineties), and you would have been bullied or socially outcast for doing so. The prevailing view was that you needed to grow your muscles and become more 'tough' looking to get dates, as well as be more 'confident' which usually meant being a cocky bastard and mogging other men socially.

However, I don't think the new advice can be applied for all age groups. As a man ages the appearance of his skin and hair changes, as well as the expectations about what kind of man he should be. Trying to hold onto the feminine 'boyish' style looks for too long may backfire. What is the age where a man has to 'transistion' in his strategy. For example, cutting his hair shorter or becoming more 'buff', or dressing more 'dad-like'?
actually all that shit was popular in the 80s and 90s, look at motley crue, kiss, misfits, any band that used face paint. Its not as bad but its like a precursor to all this weird shit. All pushed by low t morons.

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview and Deleted member 19499
It doesn't backfire, society that promotes raping your collagen and normalizing baldness has brainwashed you. Ppl like @Amnesia look much younger than they actually are and fuck prime women as a result. If you don't want to slay young women then go ahead and dadmaxx jfl

Idk what you mean by style like. Just have a style that is appropriate for every age. I used to dress like a typical teenager/young adult but then I shifted towards a more HQNP look. Funny thing is I've gotten more compliments on the latter rather than when I dressed like a hood nigga.

Don't use makeup jfl, unless it's some concealer or something. And getting buff is ideal no matter what age. Does @loox look old to you? Also jfl at even considering not being lean.

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, HerpDerpson, Deleted member 19499 and 2 others
It doesn't backfire, society that promotes raping your collagen and normalizing baldness has brainwashed you. Ppl like @Amnesia look much younger than they actually are and fuck prime women as a result. If you don't want to slay young women then go ahead and dadmaxx jfl

Idk what you mean by style like. Just have a style that is appropriate for every age. I used to dress like a typical teenager/young adult but then I shifted towards a more HQNP look. Funny thing is I've gotten more compliments on the latter rather than when I dressed like a hood nigga.

Don't use makeup jfl, unless it's some concealer or something. And getting buff is ideal no matter what age. Does @loox look old to you? Also jfl at even considering not being lean.
the way's I have actively tried to youthmax is by clean shaving, doing trendy curtain or fringe hair and only wearing sneakers. Before I wore more mature shoes like boots or kinda dress shoes but when I would hang out with my 18/19 year old tinder date girls they'd be like "why are you wearing old peoples shoes"

there are other things also like wearing oversized shirts that a lot of younger guys seem to do, skinny jeans. I also have bought a lot of gay jewelry like tiktok fags do, but I don't wear it, that might be a bit much

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, Oberyn, Johanjohan and 5 others
For example, using skin care products, styling your hair, using makeup, shaping eye-brows, and wanting to be lean.
You can do these until you die—no worries about it.

18-19

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deprived

This. As long as you look young facially, keep your hair and leanness, you can fuck women of all ages.

Who cares if this comes at the cost of some wrinkly boomer calling you gay? Prettyboys get 5000x more pussy than these wrinkly old boomers with a balding hairline calling themselves 'masculine' :lul:

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, Deleted member 19499 and Deprived
I am fully aware I’m a minority with this opinion, but whatever.

I believe most men, even on this site looksmax into the wrong direction, as you said, becoming more “masculine” looking as you age is the common knowledge taught everywhere to guys. Guys lose their youthful look because of this. Of course no one will stay a prettyboy if they grow a beard, put on huge muscles etc.

My point is you need to follow a new, innovative approach. Men need to accept that redpill is bullshit, men’s SMV off of looks doesn’t increases with age, they just gain status and money. Lookswise guys in their early 20s are the most appealing, hence men need to realize they need to keep looking like that, just like @Amnesia did. He is one of the few people who seems to get it , no wonder he gets lots of action.

Clean shaven, thick hair with good hairline, lean, hairless body, youthful skin, that’s the key

If people spent just half of the effort looking youthful as they are now spending on making themselves masc, the notiom that prettyboys only last until 23 yo would die

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Daniel Plainview, Deprived and 8 others

I believe most men, even on this site looksmax into the wrong direction, as you said, becoming more “masculine” looking as you age is the common knowledge taught everywhere to guys. Guys lose their youthful look because of this. Of course no one will stay a prettyboy if they grow a beard, put on huge muscles etc.

My point is you need to follow a new, innovative approach. Men need to accept that redpill is bullshit, men’s SMV off of looks doesn’t increases with age, they just gain status and money. Lookswise guys in their early 20s are the most appealing, hence men need to realize they need to keep looking like that, just like @Amnesia did. He is one of the few people who seems to get it , no wonder he gets lots of action.

Clean shaven, thick hair with good hairline, lean, hairless body, youthful skin, that’s the key
its always older women and men(like 30+) who tell me I have a "baby face" after i tell them my real age when they assume I am mid 20's

they dont say it as a compliment but almost an insult but i always also sense a bit of jealousy

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Daniel Plainview, Deprived and 5 others
hairless body
This is too much, maybe if you have ogre tier bodyhair. But it's not worth shaving your entire body every few weeks.

its always older women and men(like 30+) who tell me I have a "baby face" after i tell them my real age when they assume I am mid 20's

they dont say it as a compliment but almost an insult but i always also sense a bit of jealousy
pure seething in envy, an "adult face" for them has leathery skin, wrinkles, and a nw3

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, Deleted member 19499, TrestIsBest and 1 other person

If people spent just half of the effort looking youthful as they are now spending on making themselves masc, the notiom that prettyboys only last until 23 yo would die
this is true- how much muscle is too much though?

clean shaven always wins I hate growing beard

skincare is a no brainer for anyone male or female

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, Deleted member 19499, Prettyboy and 1 other person
this is true- how much muscle is too much though?

clean shaven always wins I hate growing beard

skincare is a no brainer for anyone male or female
the point at which you have to take roids to make more progress

• +1
Reactions: LightSkinNoob
the point at which you have to take roids to make more progress
if you go crazy with roids then youre probably right - I think im close to peak natty for my personal genetics though and while I lokk very good shirtless with a pump in clothes I jsut look like a regualr dude whos slightly athletic

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath

Wrong

You do exactly what you know you are good at

Forget about age.

If you have a youth style, just TWEAK it

You can’t suddenly adopt a old man style because society ”expects” you to.

Your true will must align with your actual looks strategy or insecurity will show. I know this first hand.

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, Deleted member 19499, TrestIsBest and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19499
This is too much, maybe if you have ogre tier bodyhair. But it's not worth shaving your entire body every few weeks.
That’s what ipl is for

• Hmm...
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
I think people are terminally confused about youth and health being feminine. Maybe it's because smoking used to be normal for men, I dunno.

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview and Oberyn

You probably benefit from being more muscular as you age from 15-18 to 20+, but you still have to be lean and not excessively muscular. It's the typical transition from "frail" prettyboy to "robust" prettyboy, which usually happens naturally anyways as you age.

Other than that, you can keep "prettyboy" features indefinitely until the biggest signs of aging show up: balding and wrinkles. All of this depends heavily on your genetics; Jared Leto is still running essentially prettyboy game at 50. I'd argue for most guys it's going to start becoming difficult to be "pretty" at around 35 (assuming you take good care of yourself, obviously, otherwise it's hard at 25 already).
Still, it's not like you're gonna become more attractive if you do a complete turnaround and go hypermasc just because you look a bit more mature. You can go for stages; so for example, you can think of growing a bit of a stubble instead of being clean shaven.

the way's I have actively tried to youthmax is by clean shaving, doing trendy curtain or fringe hair and only wearing sneakers. Before I wore more mature shoes like boots or kinda dress shoes but when I would hang out with my 18/19 year old tinder date girls they'd be like "why are you wearing old peoples shoes"

there are other things also like wearing oversized shirts that a lot of younger guys seem to do, skinny jeans. I also have bought a lot of gay jewelry like tiktok fags do, but I don't wear it, that might be a bit much
What kind of jewelry? Do u have any pics?

With the exception of skin care products all of those things were normal for chads a couple of decades ago. Especially hair products. Do you not remember when David Beckham first got big in the late 90s and every single 16-25 year old had that long blonde side part they spent hours straightening and dipping in hair products? And before my time in the 80s every young man had a perm. You would have only been bullied for wearing makeup and even then there were plenty of alt circles that were into that.

I live in a large university city and I am constantly around freshers and student bars so I generally see trends. There are broadly two crowds, the weird/arty/scene type girls who are into androgynous looking guys, lanky feminine looking fashion model types who aren't conventionally attractive. Then you have the stacies who absolutely chase masculinity and their boyfriends are invariably buff rugby types. So I don't think we can lump all females together. You tend to see more variation in taste the less attractive a girl is, and the most attractive ones all have boyfriends who look the same; muscular, tattoos, facial hair, trendy haircut, tan. The love island look basically.

The K-pop thing is bullshit. Cope for weeb manlets.

While you're correct, a lot of the stuff that keeps you looking youthful into your 30's and even beyond is genetic- it's not a choice. Look at David Sinclair: he's a dude that literally does everything right to retain his youth and at 52 years of age he looks..... around 52. @eduardkoopman is a guy who could pass for being a full decade younger than he actually is and by his own admission he only started skinmaxxing when he was already in his mid-30's.

It isn't a case of "just retain your collagen bro". A lot of guys simply can't no matter what they try.

Baby face is a common backhanded compliment from jealous ppl . My bald cousin says the same thing, calls me baby faced cuz I don’t like facial hair while hes balding at 20 and has less than half my jaw mass