What moisturizer should i use? Help me improve my skincare routine!

D

Deleted member 8908

idk bro i just want rep
So far, my routine looks like:
At night, Advanced Retinol (1.5%) Complex Cream.
And, in the mornings/during the day, Precipitated Sulphur (5%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Cream.
The sun deactivates retinol so you have to wear it at night,
And combining sulphur and benzoyl with retinol cancel out the effects so you have to wear sulphur and benzoyl during the day as the sun does NOT deactivate the effects unlike with retinol.
Retinol improves the "glow" of your face, reduces the effects of wrinkles/aging in general, and removes acne,
While sulphur and benzoyl prioritise removing acne.
My routine is ok so far however, I do NOT clean my face with any soups, i do NOT wear any sunscreens, I do NOT wear any eyecrean, and i do NOT use any moisturizers so there is still remove from improvement. And yes, i am aware you are meant to apply moisturizer 10 minutes AFTER applying retinol cream and sulphur and benzoyl cream as applying moisturizer before means the acne creams have another layer of product it needs to go through.
My skin is not flaky or irritated, however it is red so can anyone suggest what moisturizers to use to reduce redness?
Here is the progress so far, all pics taken recently, dont have any before pictured lol.
Polish 20210604 030435778

• +1
Reactions: CaptainCalicoe and lonemaxxer13
Bump
Bad idea posting at 3am

Ok Im on mobile so formatting is weird, without too much intro or details, as your routine seems solid so far, here are some recommendations. Also you need a sunscreen with a strong SPF asap as all your products are increasing your photosensitivity.

• CeraVe. I’ve not come across any of their moisturisers that I would not recommend, just choose the one geared towards your skin type.
  • Weleda Skin Food (for very dry or very irritated skin; if you’ve got that feeling of wanting to smear Vaseline all over your face, this is the product for you)
  • Dr Jart+ Ceramidin Cream (for dry to very dry skin or skin that is dealing with TEWL)
  • Dr Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream (for dry to very dry or irritated skin; thicker than the Ceramidin)
  • First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (for normal to dry skin)
  • La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ (for oily skin or normal skin that has issues with breakouts)
  • La Roche Posay Toleriane range. Choose the best one for your skin type.
  • Bioderma Hydrabio Creme and Gel-Creme (for dry and normal to oily skin respectively)
  • Paula’s Choice Clear Moisturiser SPF 30 (for oily skin or normal skin that has issues with breakouts)
  • Kate Somerville Oil-Free Moisturiser (for oily skin)
  • Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream (dry to very dry skin, skin that has issues with breakouts; this contains lactic acid so if you’re really sensitive but want to use an AHA, this could be good for you)
  • Kate Somerville Peptide K8 Power Cream (if you’re actually seeing signs of ageing this is phenomenal- if not, don’t spend $150 on this)
  • Kate Somerville Nourish Daily Antioxidant Moisturiser (a great, “basic” moisturiser for almost anyone except those that are extremely dry)
  • Paula’s Choice Resist Anti-Aging Super-Light Moisturizer SPF 30 (for normal to oily skin)
  • Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Restoring Moisturizer SPF 50 (for normal to dry skin)

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: vaninskybird, Aqua, Mongrelcel and 1 other person
Ok Im on mobile so formatting is weird, without too much intro or details, as your routine seems solid so far, here are some recommendations. Also you need a sunscreen with a strong SPF asap as all your products are increasing your photosensitivity.

• CeraVe. I’ve not come across any of their moisturisers that I would not recommend, just choose the one geared towards your skin type.
  • Weleda Skin Food (for very dry or very irritated skin; if you’ve got that feeling of wanting to smear Vaseline all over your face, this is the product for you)
  • Dr Jart+ Ceramidin Cream (for dry to very dry skin or skin that is dealing with TEWL)
  • Dr Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream (for dry to very dry or irritated skin; thicker than the Ceramidin)
  • First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (for normal to dry skin)
  • La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ (for oily skin or normal skin that has issues with breakouts)
  • La Roche Posay Toleriane range. Choose the best one for your skin type.
  • Bioderma Hydrabio Creme and Gel-Creme (for dry and normal to oily skin respectively)
  • Paula’s Choice Clear Moisturiser SPF 30 (for oily skin or normal skin that has issues with breakouts)
  • Kate Somerville Oil-Free Moisturiser (for oily skin)
  • Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream (dry to very dry skin, skin that has issues with breakouts; this contains lactic acid so if you’re really sensitive but want to use an AHA, this could be good for you)
  • Kate Somerville Peptide K8 Power Cream (if you’re actually seeing signs of ageing this is phenomenal- if not, don’t spend $150 on this)
  • Kate Somerville Nourish Daily Antioxidant Moisturiser (a great, “basic” moisturiser for almost anyone except those that are extremely dry)
  • Paula’s Choice Resist Anti-Aging Super-Light Moisturizer SPF 30 (for normal to oily skin)
  • Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Restoring Moisturizer SPF 50 (for normal to dry skin)
This response is detailed as fuck, thanks lmao.
First question: should i buy the CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM SPF25?
Second question, if it comes with a SPF of 25, do i still need to buy sunscreen?

If i have to buy sunscreen regardless, ill just grab a moisturizer without a high spf lol. Also, apparently an spf of 30 is ideal but 25 will hardly make a difference, right?

• +1
Reactions: CaptainCalicoe
This response is detailed as fuck, thanks lmao.
First question: should i buy the CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM SPF25?
Second question, if it comes with a SPF of 25, do i still need to buy sunscreen?

If i have to buy sunscreen regardless, ill just grab a moisturizer without a high spf lol. Also, apparently an spf of 30 is ideal but 25 will hardly make a difference, right?
Happy to help bro.

I personally don’t use the Cerave 25 SPF, but I use their Hydrating Cleanser and Moisturising Lotion so I can vouch for them and honestly you can’t go wrong with Cerave, really good products for a really good price.

Again I don’t use a moisturiser with SPF, but that’s because I just really like the protection from SPF 50+ which is hard to find cheap in a 2in1. So go ahead and get a moisturiser with SPF, it’s more convenient and does the job anyways.
- If you are going for a lower SPF, just make sure you’re not in direct sunlight for ages which is pretty self explanatory, if you plan to be outside wear a cap and stay in the shade
- One thing I do suggest is use a Vit C serum in the morning after cleansing but before moisturising as it reduces photosensitivity and really synergises with SPF products

• +1
Reactions: Aqua